one SPOILED and Loved Tortoise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
All the new things I ordered for WIllow just arrived today and she seems so much happier and much more active with her new surroundings ( Cypress mulch bedding, habahut Log.. which she LOVES climbing, stone corner food dish, stone water basin.. large enough for her to take her LOOONG soaks in and a 125 watt mercury vapor lamp.. along with her Vita lite, and some repti-cal) She spent the day exploring her new surroundings,climbing and biting everything. even at 11 PM here she is still very active..even with the ceramic heat emitter on now and NO lights. She hears me though and won't sleep untill I do. I had her on my bed earlier and she streched out and fell asleep.. seeming abit agitated when I woke her and placed her back in her enclosure. If it didn't have a screened top she might have found a way to get out. Mom says I am gonna have one spoiled pet on my hands when she gets older :) I'd like to get her a reptile mister for humidity too but will have to research this first. Willow is also VERY possesive over her log,rocks and dishes. she Hissed at me when I tried to remove her things to situate the bedding ( even putting a leg on her log). thanks goodness the repti sand did no damage! I knew it was irritating her though becuz she kept wiping her eyes with her legs and has stopped now.her eyes are still clear and bright :) I will NEVER EVER again use sand! I don't like giving her fruit either.. too much fruit is not good. Willow is really perking up since I first got her.. maybe the breeders didn't feed her as well as she should be? I consider her a rescue becuz I didn't think she would even survive a week, much less perk up and start growing as she is :) I am glad my niece loves her as well becuase I told krystal she will most likely inherit willow.. I refuse to see my pets dumped or given to a zoo.:D:tort:

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Yeah, share pictures! :) I want to see how this spoiled baby is set up!

-Jen

sopo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So Central OK
Awe, sounds like she is a very happy tort. I agree... share pics. :)

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
Sorry guys.. My old flipcam doesn't work with my new laptop :( But I will be happy to post pics after I can afford a new video/pic cam :)

Status
Not open for further replies.