Opo 2.0

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Ok everyone dont get mad at me for having Opo upside down. I finally got my new scale and he wouldn't sit still. Didn't have a tub handy to set him on.
At 2yrs old in June he was 9.65 lbs.20190928_165546.jpg

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok everyone dont get mad at me for having Opo upside down. I finally got my new scale and he wouldn't sit still. Didn't have a tub handy to set him on.

There’s no pic!! What’s the weight??

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
At 2yrs old in June he was 9.65 lbs.View attachment 281440
Everytime I look at that pic I feel guilty. I think I will do a reshoot tomorrow :(

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Lol!!! I’m sure he’s no worse for the wear... that’s a nice gain since he was 2 huh...[emoji16]

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Lol!!! I’m sure he’s no worse for the wear... that’s a nice gain since he was 2 huh...[emoji16]
I really think being outside and grazing really helped out. Instead of being cooped up in the enclosure during the winter.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Mazuri packs on the weight, huh? Opo looks so good [emoji7]
Not sure but about 5lbs in 3 months was surprising to me. But Opo is my first so I don't know if that is normal growth. I put 5lbs on the old scale and then put it on the new scale and it read 5lbs. So I think the scale is right. My wife also stepped on it and it read right. Now don't ask me how much she weighs. I need a place to live :):):D

KatApril

Chicago
I wasnt able to load OPOs picks since his April photoshoot! (They finally load)Hes gotten huge!!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I wasnt able to load OPOs picks since his April photoshoot! (They finally load)Hes gotten huge!!!!
Yes he has! I only have one hand and was able to pick Opo up. Last week that ended. It wasn't the weight but cant get a good,safe grip anymore. So I will need to start using my prosthetic arm to pick him up. :)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here is Opo checking out his night box. My wife painted it (kinda like a whitewash or pickeling.) She wanted to try it and Opo's box was a good practice peice. The sign was given to Opo by @vladimir dad. I want to put it somewhere else in the outside enclosure. But at least it is being used.
20191007_162542.jpg

Last edited: