Opo 2.0

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
They are more apt to scrape if you are using block on the outside perimeter walls. In your case, you are putting in a “fake” foundation around the base of your new shed to prevent Mr Opo from crawling underneath. Outdoor deck planking (wood or trex) would work well too. Trex won’t require any follow-on maintenance.
That's what I was thinking about low maintenance and thought it would look nice using trex.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well another disappointing weigh in.
From 22.2lbs last month to 24.15 this month. Hopefully Opo will be at 30lbs in 11 weeks at his 3rd birthday.
20200330_164010.jpg

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
First time on new leg. I will get better.
Totally awesome! You have a great coach too!!!! That is fantastic for your first time is that a computerized knee? I work in a physical therapy department and love to see people improve and get back to life. Keep up the great work Ray ❤️

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Totally awesome! You have a great coach too!!!! That is fantastic for your first time is that a computerized knee? I work in a physical therapy department and love to see people improve and get back to life. Keep up the great work Ray ❤️
Thanks, I have had lots of therapy but had to have another operation on my stump. This is the first time on this new leg. I was not mobile for a long time. So my brain has to get in sync with my leg again.

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Thanks, I have had lots of therapy but had to have another operation on my stump. This is the first time on this new leg. I was not mobile for a long time. So my brain has to get in sync with my leg again.
I have no doubt you will get in sync very so! You are a strong person

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yep, exactly!
Alright guys...I realize that I'm just a dumb broad here, but...I have used cinder block for the walls that separate my Sulcata pens for a lotta years...no Sulcata of mine has ever 'scrapped' any part of their shell...Big Sam is all the time climbing up the blocks trying to knock them over and there's no scrapes on him...just sayin021.JPG019.JPG

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The knee isn't computerized. It has magnets in it that can be adjusted to match my stride. When I put even weight on both legs when sitting down. The magnets will also give resistance to the knee to help me control my sitting.
I don't know if I will ever get a computerized knee. They make a good walker. Walk better but not recommended for a so so walker.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Alright guys...I realize that I'm just a dumb broad here, but...I have used cinder block for the walls that separate my Sulcata pens for a lotta years...no Sulcata of mine has ever 'scrapped' any part of their shell...Big Sam is all the time climbing up the blocks trying to knock them over and there's no scrapes on him...just sayinView attachment 291543View attachment 291545
Vladimirs dad had mentioned to me that Vladimir has scraped his shell walking around the perimeter. Looks like you have lucked out.
Nice looking sullies.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I think we need a new picture of Opo and his new shed and yard ?❤
Here is Opo by his fence.
20200421_113213.jpg
Here are more pics of the fence.
20200421_113603.jpg
20200407_190651.jpg
Had the fence put in the ground about 2'.
20200407_143747.jpg
Here is the shed but its not Opo's. ?
20200421_113541.jpg
Just had the shed moved over mon.
Rose wanted it moved closer to the side. It was like moving furniture " I don't like it there, move it over here"?
This move cost me 250 dollars.
But you gotta love her!❤❤❤❤❤
@Maro2Bear Is thinking about moving into the shed.
He hasn't decided what color scheme he wants the interior yet.?

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Nice fence! Looks great,Opo looks beautiful as always. Your cactus looks amazing! Mine is just starting I put a pad in a pot last year it is now starting to get new growth have to put in the ground soon. Thank you for sharing ?❤️

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Just wait a few years ?

Were you planning on putting any visual barriers around the bottom of the fenceline?

Edit: Vlad is jealous of the cactus right in the yard! ?
2 rolls of the strips you weave in the fence came today. 1 more to come. Rose is going to weave the fence on the neighbor's side. It will be about 2 ft. up. We will try that first and see if it stops Opo from wanting to get in the neighbor's yard. Hopefully it will work because anything else will be more expensive.
We thinned out the cactus and some of the lower hanging pads. Opo took some bites out of them. Rose replanted and they look funny standing up with Opo bite marks in them.
Maybe you could grow some in a pot like Mark. They say to make sure that the fresh end of the pad where it was removed is dried up before planting. You could just bring in when winter comes.
Tell Vladimir, Opo is always willing to share.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nice fence! Looks great,Opo looks beautiful as always. Your cactus looks amazing! Mine is just starting I put a pad in a pot last year it is now starting to get new growth have to put in the ground soon. Thank you for sharing ?❤
Nice fence! Looks great,Opo looks beautiful as always. Your cactus looks amazing! Mine is just starting I put a pad in a pot last year it is now starting to get new growth have to put in the ground soon. Thank you for sharing ?❤
Here is my biggest plant. I have 4 more just a little smaller. Hopefully the whole side of that fence line will be like that.
20200204_120435.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here is Opo checking out the new location of the shed. He had a few different spots dug out a little. So he could fit underneath to get out of the sun. I am sure he will pick his spots again.
20200422_160918.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Opo,s birthday today. Cake was made of acorn squash with mazuri in the middle.
He is 3 years old and I also weighed him before he ate his cake. 30.5 lbs. So Opo is averaging about 2 1/2 lbs a month.
Opo only got one strawberry. Rose wanted the cake to look nice. We took the strawberries off before he began to eat.
Resized_20200617_155910.jpeg20200617_160303.jpg20200617_124713.jpg