Opo's feed lot.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I have a 250 sq ft. area that I want to put pasture seed in.

Do you think if I cut the grass/weeds real short and put 3 in. of top soil on top. I can plant the seeds and they will grow?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Do you think if I cut the grass/weeds real short and put 3 in. of top soil on top. I can plant the seeds and they will grow?

Yes, but i would skip the top soil and just rent a good roto tiller and till the entire area, then broadcast your seed nice and heavy. Water in well, and keep the area moist until seeds start to sprout.

Up here in the North, late September is best for reseeding cooler season grasses.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes, but i would skip the top soil and just rent a good roto tiller and till the entire area, then broadcast your seed nice and heavy. Water in well, and keep the area moist until seeds start to sprout.

Up here in the North, late September is best for reseeding cooler season grasses.
Thanks Mark, I thought about a roto tiller. I knew my wife couldn't handle it. My leg is in the shop:). Had to get a new socket for the leg. I have a friend whose son likes money. Maybe I will go that way.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Yes
Barring any hungry rats or birds.
I planted seeds from Carolina Tortoise Supply that way a few years back.
It worked fine.
...And you are roughly in my climate.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks I haven't seen any rats and I think the birds will stay out. It's in the new enclosure up against the house. I guess if I have a bird problem I can buy a fake hawk.