Oregon Laws

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
So I'm potentially getting a job in Oregon and I'd be moving from Alabama and I know that the laws are different for pancake tortoises over there and since they are now a CITES one protected species would I need to do anything specifically coming into the state with my pet tortoises? And if I wanted to keep breeding and selling the babies? Just would like to know what things I need to do ahead of time if I do get accepted out there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure the only turtle laws pertain to native turtles and invasive water turtles.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So I'm potentially getting a job in Oregon and I'd be moving from Alabama and I know that the laws are different for pancake tortoises over there and since they are now a CITES one protected species would I need to do anything specifically coming into the state with my pet tortoises? And if I wanted to keep breeding and selling the babies? Just would like to know what things I need to do ahead of time if I do get accepted out there.
CITES only applies to international shipping. You moving your own tortoises state to state or selling babies has nothing to do with CITES.