• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Outdoor Redfoot Enclosure questions

MPappagallo

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach, SC
I currently have two redfoots. One is a 7" female and one is a 10" male. I am building two new outdoor enclosures for them, and have a couple of questions. My plan is to build low walls using cinder blocks capped with wood planks (approx 18" high total) and each enclosure will be approximately 9' x 10'. Of course, each enclosure will have its own hides, greenery and plants, a shallow water dish, etc. Here are my questions...... Is 18" tall enough? Are my redfoots large enough to leave in an enclosure without a cover? At what temperature level should I plan to bring them into the house for the winter months? I am in Myrtle Beach, SC so we don't get much winter....but we do typically have a few weeks of low temps. Thanks in advance for all your help! I have attached a pic of the two of them together....They do not share an enclosure....I just put them together for size comparison.

Attachments