Outdoor redfoot playland, lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

un-loco

5 Year Member
First outdoor tort area. No plantings yet, but it's a draft. First mistake .... Grass is always greener on the other side, if you can see it

Attachments

• image-4043314723.png
    image-4043314723.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • image-3931399887.png
    image-3931399887.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • image-404055177.png
    image-404055177.png
    303 KB · Views: 36

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Its always greener on the other side...lol...because there are usually no eating machines on the other side eating it up...lol...

Are you going to use that white wire fencing as the only enclosure fencing? I only ask because the size of the tort can get himself wedged into that size of fencing square....it is a good set up if you are going to observe the entire out door stroll....but great size space for sure...:D

un-loco

5 Year Member
I am going to do one of two things, get another spool of that fence and place it alternating the squares to make it to where he can't, and or eventually upgrade to a solid barrier. The squares looked much smaller in the store and as soon as I put him in it he vowed to get through those blasted white squares. I bent the wires for now so he can't get wedged but he still gives it all he's got.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If it were me, I would get some redwood 1x12's and drill holes in each end, then stand them up against the inside of the chain link and wire or tie them to the chain link through the holes. In the front where there is not chain link to attach to, you can put some stakes in the ground in front and in back of the 1x12's.

Status
Not open for further replies.