Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Malverne, NY
this enclosure is awesome... the stadium seats really make it special though

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
98971B00-178F-4B30-9B4E-D73629F0DAC7.jpeg They finished the covers. So excited now he can stay safely outside for a couple of hours at a time. Love how my husband engineered the covers one side 3 separate panels open and on the other the large panel opens and can be attached to the tree allowing it to stay open to do maintenance :):tort::<3:

Hairlady

El cajon, ca
20190629_174329.jpg 20190709_115504.jpg 20190622_164111.jpg
View attachment 276389 They finished the covers. So excited now he can stay safely outside for a couple of hours at a time. Love how my husband engineered the covers one side 3 separate panels open and on the other the large panel opens and can be attached to the tree allowing it to stay open to do maintenance :):tort::<3:
Looks like our thinking is very similar. We're just about done building the covers for Roxie's new enclosure. Hoping to get it totally completed in the next week or 2. We don't have any trees so my husband put up a shade canopythat had a nice overhang so that we can make a small patio to sit next to her.

Last edited:

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
View attachment 276308 View attachment 276306 View attachment 276307 We just upgraded Sheldon’s outside enclosure. It is 8x8 foot square built around a tree. He is enjoying his outside time. Husband and son are working on building the top to keep out any predators. :D
This is brilliant! Building it around the tree makes so much sense! I have been trying to decide where to build an outdoor enclosure, and we have a big crepe myrtle tree in the yard that might work perfectly for this. I am sure Sheldon is loving his new playground!....Or should I say "stadium"! :)

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
View attachment 276399 View attachment 276400 View attachment 276401
Looks like our thinking is very similar. We're just about done building the covers for Roxie's new enclosure. Hoping to get it totally completed in the next week or 2. We don't have any trees so my husband put up a shade canopythat had a nice overhang so that we can make a small patio to sit next to her.
Wow!! Looks great nice idea with the sun shade. What a cute shell baby :) make sure and post pictures when your done :tort:

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
This is brilliant! Building it around the tree makes so much sense! I have been trying to decide where to build an outdoor enclosure, and we have a big crepe myrtle tree in the yard that might work perfectly for this. I am sure Sheldon is loving his new playground!....Or should I say "stadium"! :)
Glad you have a tree you can build around it nice to have it under one so they always have some shade. Happy to have given you some inspiration :) I am always looking through the Forum for ideas. Make sure and post pictures! :<3::tort: Haha I will have to call call it Tortoise Stadium :D

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Glad you have a tree you can build around it nice to have it under one so they always have some shade. Happy to have given you some inspiration :) I am always looking through the Forum for ideas. Make sure and post pictures! :<3::tort: Haha I will have to call call it Tortoise Stadium :D
I LOVE reading the forum for ideas! I am new at this tortoise thing...and it is amazing the things I have been able to learn just by reading all the posts on here!

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
I LOVE reading the forum for ideas! I am new at this tortoise thing...and it is amazing the things I have been able to learn just by reading all the posts on here!
I couldn’t agree more there are super knowledgeable keepers on here and everyone is so nice! I have learned a great deal myself. What kind of tortoise do you have?

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
I couldn’t agree more there are super knowledgeable keepers on here and everyone is so nice! I have learned a great deal myself. What kind of tortoise do you have?
I just got two baby sulcatas...abotu 5 months old. I have only had them about 2 1/2 weeks now. I am obsessed with them! LOL I just finally finished buliding an indoor enclosure today. I just posted pics of it under enclosures if you wanna check it out. My hubby thinks I have lost my mind. LOL

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
I just got two baby sulcatas...abotu 5 months old. I have only had them about 2 1/2 weeks now. I am obsessed with them! LOL I just finally finished buliding an indoor enclosure today. I just posted pics of it under enclosures if you wanna check it out. My hubby thinks I have lost my mind. LOL
My hubby is sorry he ever bought me a tortoise! lol Be careful Tom always says 2 are trouble. Read some of the prior posts on bullying.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
My hubby is sorry he ever bought me a tortoise! lol Be careful Tom always says 2 are trouble. Read some of the prior posts on bullying.
LOL...I can relate to the hubby thing! We have already started on our second enclosure so we can separate our two sullys. I read so much great info here on the forum, so I knew we would need to separate them to prevent any problems. It took us about 2 weeks to finish the first enclosure completely, so we are keeping them together for the next two weeks while we build a second one just like the first one. LOL Our sunroom will be bursting at the seams! The breeder we got them from had raised them together in a small enclosure, but I know as they get older it would not be as safe....so I want to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep them safe and happy! And spoiled! LOL