paperwork for tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Girl

5 Year Member
Hi i am new to this forum, I recently bought two Hermann tortoises from a local aqautics shop, a boy 4 years old ( Hermann ) and a girl 2 years old ( Morticia ), I have been looking at various articles on the web and am concerned I did not get any paper work with beautiful new additions to my family, the shop did not mention anything about any paper work or any certifications........what do i do.....would appreciate any advice.
Cookie Girl

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

If you did buy Hermanns, than yes you do need article 10s for them. Can you post pictures of them so we can make sure thats what you have? If they do turn out to be Hermanns, you will need to go back to the shop and get their article 10s (which you should have gotten as it's not legal to sell them with out them).

Danny

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
Hi Cookie;
I'm not sure where you are, but in the US the receipt is proof of ownership & origin.
Unless you are transporting the animal to a few states nothing else is required or obtainable.
A health certificate can be obtained from a vet should you need one.
I hope this helped.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
She's in the UK Tom, so needs article 10s for them if they are Hermanns. :)

Danny

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I like the names...a mixture of the MUNSTERS and the ADDAMS!:)

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
egyptiandan said:
She's in the UK Tom, so needs article 10s for them if they are Hermanns. :)

Danny

I kinda thought so.
Thanks.
Could you explain your "Article 10's"
for me?

Thanks Danny.

Tom McL.

Cookie Girl

5 Year Member
Thanks for your advice everyone, I got in touch with the shop I bought them from and now have the paper work for Hermann and Morticia, thanks again will post some pics of them later x

egyptiandan said:
Welcome to the forum :)

If you did buy Hermanns, than yes you do need article 10s for them. Can you post pictures of them so we can make sure thats what you have? If they do turn out to be Hermanns, you will need to go back to the shop and get their article 10s (which you should have gotten as it's not legal to sell them with out them).

Danny
thanks Danny, got the paperwork this morning, they forgot to give it me, so panic stops and enjoyment begins, thanks, Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.