Pardalis Hatchling Questions

coltonspidey

So I am getting a P. Pardalis from ups soon in a hour or two but I was wondering if there is special care or should I leave him be to relieve stress and I just need some more tips to raise hatchlings. ( I have a Sulcata Hatchling as well )

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Babies do better in a controlled consistent environment. You want to maintain no cooler than 80F, basking area near 100F and 80 or more percent humidity. An hour or 2 outside for Sun shine is ideal.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I am not entirely qualified to answer that. I believe there is a little more to it, regional differences plays a part, I think. I have Hatchlings that are very light and dark ones from the same female. Most leopards in the USA are mutts so to speak. They are a mix of different regions.

coltonspidey

I am not entirely qualified to answer that. I believe there is a little more to it, regional differences plays a part, I think. I have Hatchlings that are very light and dark ones from the same female. Most leopards in the USA are mutts so to speak. They are a mix of different regions.
That makes since, thanks :)

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
Also why do some Leo's have dark shells and other have light colored shells? Is it just genetics such as blonde hair and brown hair in people?
I know this is an old thread, but I've noticed in a few that if the shell is dark, they get lighter and vice versa. Look up BEANS the leopard tortoise on YouTube and you can see as a hatchling that she was very dark and now you see her and she's so very light colored. Amazingly beautiful!