Pasture Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know if this will help for your varmits but shavings of lava bar soap will keep away mice, spiders and even deer. The weed problem, I don't know except pulling them, but if your property is that big, well you would never get it done before they started growing back again. I do know that if you can get the weeds down enough so that the seeds you are planting can take hold and out number sort a speak the weeds, it will help in keeping them at bay a bit. You will never get rid of weeds for good, but you can out number them. Good luck:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yeah Tom...my most heart felt suggestion from me to you would be....please research alot what happens and promotes healthy pastures of highly invasive weeds....soil disturbance is the most inviting environment for red brome..yellow foxtail....a couple other nasty highly invasive and physically dangerous to wildlife grasses....I think that if you do an experimental section keep in mind the more you strip the soil the more room for the bad weeds....so I believe slow and steady vs plowing down an area that may be too large to handle all at once....I learned this the hard way...and the ***** about it was, I knew better....so now 7 years later ...lots of cramped weed pulling hands...sore back weeks...I can see the beautiful native desert landscape coming back in....along with some non native hibiscus....and a couple other trees that will hopefully survive long enough to be giant shade trees....

There are loads of seed cultivators online...designed to give mixtures to rehab damaged Wildlands....so search and if you need some direction..I can dig some up from when I use to have to reseed old stripped and abandonedthe agricultural fields along the Mojave River ......it is a long process if done without stripping the ground down to its bare earth.....but is the better way in longevity. IMHO:D

Status
Not open for further replies.