PERSONAL RIDES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati Ohio
2001 Ford Expedition
Get about 10-12 miles a gallon so not too bad.
Dream car is a 1967 Chevy Impala though.

Tyler

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Fun thread .... I hardly browse past Torts, tort photo and dogs. Glad I got bored (I'm out of books to read) lol .. neat to read what some of you have, would have never pictured it. Like Tom on a sport bike or Maggie in a Roc road racer.
Hubby and I have our little collection. The car I use most is an 04 Astro Van. Cant kill those things, even on purpose - I tried with my 1st one. Boring but dependable. Great as a dog transport, airport pick-ups and Home Depot shopping sprees. The garage houses hubby's 92' 500sel Mercedes - still like new barely over 100k miles and my little 87' 560Sl. Bought it cheap (thankfully as its a money pit-but looks good) from Loretta Swit .... if anyone remembers her from the Mash series.
My oldest car is the 83' CJ7. Had that for 21 yrs and put it in storage status in the late 90s. I drive it around the neighborhood with the dogs just to keep it running. Dogs love their Jeep rides.
And the bikes .... Hubby has a 2000 Indian that he made more retro looking. I ride a 00' SV650 Suzuki. I'm a sport bike Gal. Wish I still had my 88' Ninja ... that was my fav, I fit on that thing perfectly. I wouldnt mind a CBR but I'm afraid I'd get stupid with that kind of power. Here are bike pics
mybike.jpg

and the more popular of the two altho I like mine best ... hubby rides too slow.
3c2b0728.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ALDABRAMAN said:
This thread is just for fun. Most of us have at least on thing in common, our passion and love for turtles & tortoises. I think it would be neat to share what we drive and any history as to why if interested.
I will start, I drive an 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL65, and a 2009 Harley Davidson Cross Bones. My favorite is the Hummer, just a pure product of american marval. Best to all, Greg.

25hebv5.jpg

f1a1hg.jpg

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
1995 Ford Taurus - inherited from father's estate - 120M miles
1997 Ford Aspire - bought new - 162M miles
2002 Ford Focus - bought new

Classic 1978 Ford Fiesta Ghia - bought new - ongoing restoration

Ghia pkg. - Tach. - Rear window wiper/washer/elec. defroster - deluxe trim, etc., etc.! Has every option available on that model.

Original window sticker and all service, repair and owners manuals.. including Chilton's auto repair manual for 1978 - 1980 Ford Fiesta.. imported from Germany only three years by Lee Iacocca.

aWINDOWSticker.jpg

Just out of Body Shop summer '09 -

AGHIAF.jpg

AGHIALF.jpg

AGHIARF.jpg

AGHIAR.jpg

Terry K

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
An American car, built in Germany with a Mexican or Spanish name...

You are an eccentric man Terry.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Tom said:
An American car, built in Germany with a Mexican or Spanish name...

You are an eccentric man Terry.

THANK YOU FOR THE RECOGNITION TOM!!!.. besides you're just jealous.

And I'll have you know.. Ghia is also Italian.

Of course if I had an ELEPHANT that would pick me up with his trunk I'd be in wouldn't I?

SeasonsGreetings.gif
.. from TN ( lately anyway ).

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Cool stuff, love the rides, everybody.

Been a jeep guy forever myself. I've owned several including a CJ-2a and a CJ-7 and I wish I still had them all. Guess I see a connection, off-road vehicles built to crawl along and tortoises. This is my current jeep, a 97 wrangler.

102-0261_AUT.jpg

As I can longer drive and we need the money we're in the process of selling her to a friend. I'll cry when she's gone, I admit it. Wife and I drove her through the western states on our honeymoon almost 10 years ago. Been the best vehicle I've ever owned. My next tortoise will be named "Jeep" in her honor.

Here's what my 1978 Yamaha 650 Special, "Elvira", looked like before she was torn down for engine repairs that will get finished someday, whether or not I ever get to ride her again.

Elvira3.jpg

At present we get around in the all american kid hauling machine. A Chevy Suburban. Aside from a full sized van it was the only vehicle out there that could haul us, the 4 kids, two dogs and luggage to boot. Most "luxury" I've ever had, heated leather seats and a sun-roof, deeeeeee luxe and dirt cheap during the recent "gas crisis". Funny thing was it gets better mileage than the smaller durango we traded in for it, go figure :) .

No pictures Unfortunately, but out in the garage I still have my second/third car. (I wrecked the second car, so parts of it went in the third :) ) Its a 74 Opel Manta Rallye, a collectors car apparently back in its homeland of germany, but pretty much worthless in america despite being very rare. I just love it, it was a great car back in my teens, not exactly super fast, but MAN could it corner. I won't let the wife talk me into selling it. She can bury me in that one someday.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
ALDABRAMAN said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
a 2009 Harley Davidson Cross Bones. My favorite is the Hummer, just a pure product of american marval. Best to all, Greg.

Your dog is a perfect fit in your Hummer. Now those ape hangers ...... they look good but really, how comfortable are they and how long can you ride with your arms up like that? I have a bad shoulder and there is no way I'd last 5 mins like that.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Greg, beautiful bike, the cat on the leather seat makes me cringe though!
I love seeing all the bikes, hubby has '04 Dyna Lowrider. Beautiful w/lots of extras. I'll get one once I take the class. I rode dirt bikes with the guys when I was a teenager, but HD's are so much heavier. I want to have a good idea of what I want when I buy my baby!
'09 F-250 Diesel
'04 Chevy Tahoe. I love, love my Tahoe and want to drive it until the doors fall off. Hubby keeps making noise about buying me something new. At 140K its not even close to being done!
'07 25ft Bayliner, open bow. So much fun on the lake!
And, a 16ft raft. Not motorized, but nothing beats a gorgeous day floating the river :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Wirewehear said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
a 2009 Harley Davidson Cross Bones. My favorite is the Hummer, just a pure product of american marval. Best to all, Greg.

Your dog is a perfect fit in your Hummer. Now those ape hangers ...... they look good but really, how comfortable are they and how long can you ride with your arms up like that? I have a bad shoulder and there is no way I'd last 5 mins like that.
Those are as big as I could get in the big black, They are at shoulder level to me. I am 6'5" tall, they are not apes to me, more like normal, LOL... Harleys are alot of fun, alot or work on that bike, 110 kit+, way strong!

Here is my first Alpha with my first police dog.
9v8orb.jpg

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
[/quote]
Those are as big as I could get in the big black, They are at shoulder level to me. I am 6'5" tall, they are not apes to me, more like normal, LOL... Harleys are alot of fun, alot or work on that bike, 110 kit+, way strong!

Here is my first Alpha with my first police dog.

[/quote]

lol ... okay, at 6'5" that makes a difference. I've seen little guys on these customs where their grips are over their head. Looks darn uncomfortable for anything more than a down town ride.
I'd like to have a Harley but they just dont feel right. Well one did and it was a Fat boy custom. But at the time I wasnt looking for a used bike for 15k. I sat on this little Suzuki of mine and it fit perfect. It doesnt have a lot of style but I wanted a bike to bust thru the Los Angeles traffic and this one gave me all the control and the perfect fit for my size that I was looking for. And with only a 5k price tag. Someday I'll go back out and look for that Fat Boy now that I dont live in LA, but I wont buy anything I cant pick up on my own (that sure puts a limit on my choices) and has to have "the feel".
Love the GSD ... I've never had one but lately I've been noticing them alot. There is a police k-9 around the corner from me ... a real pretty girl. And know a Sheriff with 2 Malinois. Geesh .. couldnt imagine handling one let alone 2 of them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.