PIPPING AND DIGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Today is 85+ degrees and we have eggs hatching and pipping and princess has been digging for about an hour. I thought she was done laying because she has layed 4 clutches in the last 5 1/2 months. My radiated are sniffing around and eating weeds so all around good day. My wife just happens to be at work so its a full blown tort day:D:D:D.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Look's like shes not done yet your going to have your hand's full of little:tort: hatchlings soon keep us posted :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So eggs both coming and going at one time, sweet! With those nice temps, do you have the grill going, the outside table set to have a relaxing meal beside the tortoise enclosure as soon as your wife gets home?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jacqui said:
So eggs both coming and going at one time, sweet! With those nice temps, do you have the grill going, the outside table set to have a relaxing meal beside the tortoise enclosure as soon as your wife gets home?

I wish I could say that I prepared a nice meal for her but I havent. I have been sitting in the backyard relaxing all day doing homework and messing with the torts. Princess is still digging she has been digging for about 5 hours.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maybe a night for the pizza delivery man? Sounds like you spent the day is a most wondrous way.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
AWESOME day....loving the weather up here in the high desert tooo .....you are going to have a bunch of ankle biters before you realize it...lol....your Mom is going to need some enclosure additions...:D:D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
AWESOME day....loving the weather up here in the high desert tooo .....you are going to have a bunch of ankle biters before you realize it...lol....your Mom is going to need some enclosure additions...:D:D

My mom always tells me that she would keep them all if she could. Were your CDT out enjoying the sun and some dandelions:D. Are all your torts out of hibernation after today

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very funny....she would not have a moment to rest...but I suspect she would not mind a bit....:p

Yeah, the boys are up....they all drank, nibbled and sunned and three of them are out in their yards (unless some freak prolonged cold front moves in) and the other one our old man---did his thing and worked so hard at waking up he banged the door to the house, stomped around a moment (i have moved the furniture while he was sleeping :p) until he located the dog bed pad in front of the fireplace and plopped down until I put him to bed ...very funny stuff.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I think its so great that he knocks on the door then comes in and lays on the dog bed. I think maybe he wants to be near the food god:p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I use to work at a park...I had a boss back then that was the host to two CDTs and he kept them at the park....without going through the long story of how....I ended up taking over the care for them both (they are actually my old man Humphry and his ex rufian roommate Herman)...while I was nursing the old man back to health I built a patio for him off of my offices exterior door....he use to lounge about on the patio and when he was done he would bump around the outside of the door frame trying to find the way back in...well when I would hear him bumping around I would go and open the door....so I believe he has trained me well...lol

Since the front door on our house is white and has a little step up it appeared to me the first time he did it here it was him recalling what worked before and it worked here....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.