planning on getting a pancake tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
i plan on getting a hatchling pancake tortoise in a year or so...or whenever I'm ready! :D

from what i understand, hatchlings are fairly hard to come by? something about them only laying 1-2 eggs at a time? could anyone connect me with a breeder? I've seen a couple sites that sell them but would prefer a respected breeder.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I highly recommend Tim/Robin. I bought two from him and they are nearing adulthood now and are doing fantastic. I think he may have left our forum, so if you have trouble reaching him PM me.

Yvonne and Murray also know a lady in Fresno that breeds and gets several babies a year. PM Yvonne and ask for Jill's contact info. Another great source, but I don't know if she will ship. I got three from her.

They are a great species. I am sure you will love them.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
If you are interested, I currently have 2 hatchlings available. They are 2nd generation captive bred.
They are well started on spring mix and Mazuri. You can see the ad in the marketplace for more details. I can e-mail you pics if you are serious about these. I can assure you they are healthy.
I am a veterinarian so they get the best of care and I have been keeping tortoises for almost 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.