please help asap what happen to this tortoise actually because i gonna buy it tomorrow

mike6789

Location (City and/or State)
indonesia
In my opinion move on 2 a better breeder.... But that's just my opinion... If he's trying to Sell you a Sick Tort for half price... Kind of makes me Wonder on his reputation and the living conditions of the Tortoise...

thxs for your suggestions

mike6789

indonesia
These babies are likely all sick and going to die. They are being raised all wrong. Species should never be mixed and no baby tortoise should be housed on dry pellets. An eye problem like that is an indication that something is terribly wrong.

what kind of possible indications of health

Reptilony

QC, CAN
:( its my tortoise anyway.... he is buying this tortoise from hongkong
First you said this was your tort then you said you wanted to buy it from a breeder then you say again it's yours and now it's the breeder who's buying it from hong kong??

mike6789

indonesia
First you said this was your tort then you said you wanted to buy it from a breeder then you say again it's yours and now it's the breeder who's buying it from hong kong??

so first of all i do typo just now its not mine i want to buy it from one of indonesian breeder but for this ivory he don't breed it him self he buy it from hongkong with this condition

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
so first of all i do typo just now its not mine i want to buy it from one of indonesian breeder but for this ivory he don't breed it him self he buy it from hongkong with this condition

I go to a lot of reptile shows. I ask a lot of questions there. If the person selling the tort is not the actual breeder, then I move on. 3rd party sellers seldom know (or care) what methods the breeder uses. They are usually just salespeople trying to make a buck. This is not true for all, however. Takes a bit of work on your part to deciminate the good from the bad.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
So these pictures are from hong kong then? I think it's pretty obvious you shouldn't buy this one if you want a healthy tort, unless you want to save it from this breeders horrible conditions but at the same you are encouraging him...

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
An experienced tortoise owner would definitely think twice before handing over any amount of money for the quality of tortoises from this alleged "breeder" you're referring to. It's not worth the medical bills, stress, eventual death, and pain over. The conditions shown in the pictures are already troubling enough.

I've seen similar housing conditions such as the ones shown in the pictures from illegal street markets overseas. I certainly hope this isn't the case.

south12_9

Chicago
An experienced tortoise owner would definitely think twice before handing over any amount of money for the quality of tortoises from this alleged "breeder" you're referring to. It's not worth the medical bills, stress, eventual death, and pain over. The conditions shown in the pictures are already troubling enough.

I've seen similar housing conditions such as the ones shown in the pictures from illegal street markets overseas. I certainly hope this isn't the case.
Thank you that's what I'm saying... A flea market is unfortunately where we got our torts from... It didn't work out for us...

I know that feeling you want one & even better to Save one... But Save your money...

Via Infinito

Viet Nam
You can purchase it but u have to know that it will have a very high chance of dying. It will bring on a lot of stress, so you need to prepare to take that on.

HouKen

10 Year Member!
Houston
have you see this kind of eye damage in pther tortoise?

Eye damage like that could be caused by a number of things from vitamin A deficiency, to a genetic abnormality, which is also highly probable with this being an albino. I have to agree with everyone else save yourself time, trouble, heartache, potential added expense and find a more reputable breeder. though the eyes are a problem, they don’t appear to be the only problem. Good luck!

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Eye damage like that could be caused by a number of things from vitamin A deficiency, to a genetic abnormality, which is also highly probable with this being an albino. I have to agree with everyone else save yourself time, trouble, heartache, potential added expense and find a more reputable breeder. though the eyes are a problem, they don’t appear to be the only problem. Good luck!

That looks more like an ivory to me.