Please help (red thing on eye)

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Can someone please help me identify what’s wrong with my tortoise ?? She was completly fine yesterday with her heater and this afternoon she has this red thing on both her eyes and I’m freaking out

Attachments

• D5974AE0-7296-42E2-94BC-F70B8BE3B002.png
    D5974AE0-7296-42E2-94BC-F70B8BE3B002.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 5

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Tortoises shouldn't be kept in pairs. I would separate them.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Tortoises should not be kept in pairs. That is a fact any responsible keeper, like Ink, who told you this, knows, and knows why.

Florida
They’ve been together for over 10 years
Tortoises should not be kept in pairs. That is a fact any responsible keeper, like Ink, who told you this, knows, and knows why.
The only reason they’re in pairs is because my third tortoise tried to harm them I don’t know what to do anymore I was told to keep them together by a different user when that was occurring :// Im not trying to be rude I’m just confused

Florida
Can tortoises be in groups ? Because i alwyas see people posting their tortoises togetehr this is comepletly new information to me I’m sorry If I sounded rude I’m just shocked

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You are just learning like all of us. Some of us here are very, very experienced and can really set you on the right course with your tort's! I am not an expert myself, but I do know that golden rule about pairs being a problem, if not sooner, then later, but always.