Pond Area Looking Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I redone the pond area this spring, Cleaned the pond and removed all the plants.It was kind of bare for a while but is looking better every day.The first pic is what it looked like last year, the second pic is just after I cleaned it in April,the rest were taken today.Next year it should look real good after the roots have settled in and the plants have adjusted to their new location. Len

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What do you have growing in the pot that looks like it's in the water. LAst picture I think and bottom left side.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Isn't that colocasia? or alocasia?

Len:

What are your winters like? Does it get down to freezing? I can't get my banana tree to grow. It gets about a foot tall then winter comes and it freezes down to the ground. By the time it starts growing again the following year its late summer and then it freezes again.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am SOOOOOO jealous Len, I have two Red Ears and I have it on my checklist to get them an outdoor pond set up for the nice times of the year......you have motivated me.....SOOOO jealous :p

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Jacqui said:
What do you have growing in the pot that looks like it's in the water. LAst picture I think and bottom left side.
I don't remember the name. I have some wet land (swamp)at the other house and I planted some there about 15 years ago. earlier this spring I dug a little up to see how it would do with more sunlight, it seems to be doing fine. I will take a better pic tomorrow and see if someone can identify it.I have several pots in the water, nothing growing loose in the pond.

emysemys said:
Isn't that colocasia? or alocasia?

Len:

What are your winters like? Does it get down to freezing? I can't get my banana tree to grow. It gets about a foot tall then winter comes and it freezes down to the ground. By the time it starts growing again the following year its late summer and then it freezes again.

We have long cold winters some snow, sometimes a lot of snow, at some point we usually have temps in the single digits.there are two types of elephant ear plants in there the black type are not seen in the pic as I just put some small plants in last week along with some hosta. you may have a different type of banana tree, I have some in the side yard that are about 10 feet tall with so many baby ones sprouting up I am going to have to thin them out soon(want some)

Status
Not open for further replies.