Poor Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallykc

5 Year Member
image-385830889.png

image-3180496206.png

image-991550437.png

I don't usually post on here but I came across this tortoise in Savannah, GA and it broke my heart. He lives in a toy store. They had a sign on the window saying he was about 19 months old and in perfect health. His box was so small and he had spots all over his shell that look like past injuries. It truly broke my heart. Any thoughts on how old this tortoise might be? I know they all vary in size but I have one that was born in 09 and he's only about 10 inches long so 19 months old seems a little young for one this big.

Just thought I'd share.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
That's so sad... he needs more space :( Maybe you could talk to them about it.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
There is another thread about this !!
She wrote a letter to the owner!! If
you search in older threads, you will
find it.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, maybe you could ask him to join us here, so he could help his tort. better. be nice, some people are funny, thinking everything is okay. maybe he could see a better way to go. good luck.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The tortoise doesn't actually look too bad. I can see the old scars you are talking about. Looks like maybe a dog got hold of him long ago. Maybe that's how he ended up in the store. He could certainly use more space, better substrate and better heating and lighting.

If others have politely talked to the owners about this, maybe your comments could be the ones to "break" that camels back, so to speak. Give it a try. It's the right thing to do. If enough people comment, they will eventually realize that it's making them look bad to their customers and do something about it.

Mallykc

5 Year Member
Sadly, I was only in town for a day so I'm unable to go back and talk to the owners. Hopefully things get better for the little guy. Any thoughts on how old one that size could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.