Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
im thinking about making myself another BLT for dinner tonight. For some reason i have been wanting them lately. I feel like a BLT every once in a while will not kill me during this bathing suit season or is it a gateway sandwich leading to cake and donuts, hmmmm??

Who is having a party on 4th of July? I am :) and you are all invited!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I made whole grain bow tie pasta with vegan alfredo and sausage :D
It was soo yummy.
I just got done working but in happier news I think my email is going to crash and I will lose some of the work I just did. :p
One more day and then I will be on the lamb for a few.

Oh and in other other news.. if you are out working in the garden and wearing gardening gloves and your pants start to fall down, you should take off the gloves or risk having poison ivy right above the area you sit. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm cooking up carnivore beef steaks and I'll put some veggie on the side. Probably green beans cause Karen likes those.

And the visual of itching poison ivy in that area and you fighting the urge to itch it is great.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm cooking up carnivore beef steaks and I'll put some veggie on the side. Probably green beans cause Karen likes those.

And the visual of itching poison ivy in that area and you fighting the urge to itch it is great.

I was like eating dinner this late.. then I remembered you are a few hours behind me. :D
Worse is that Mikey put anti itch cream on me and yelled at me for the itching I had already done.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:

I wish I could still eat beef! I miss it!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
But you're right. It is lateish. But it's still 91 on the front deck.

I think it didn't get above 73 today. I was wearing my cute little dress and my legs were icicles.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Today it was hot enough that I was worried about the weed seedlings I have growing for the russians. I watered them and covered them with some spent California poppy clumps. Then I set the sprinkler up in the Russian pen. At first I saw no tortoises, then one by one, they all came out to walk in the “rain". The sulcatas on the other hand, they act very insulted if they get the sprinkler turned on them in their pen.

Melly-n-shorty said:
If for medical reasons, I'd fire that doctor if he said that to me !

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Today it was hot enough that I was worried about the weed seedlings I have growing for the russians. I watered them and covered them with some spent California poppy clumps. Then I set the sprinkler up in the Russian pen. At first I saw no tortoises, then one by one, they all came out to walk in the “rain". The sulcatas on the other hand, they act very insulted if they get the sprinkler turned on them in their pen.

Melly-n-shorty said:
If for medical reasons, I'd fire that doctor if he said that to me !

Pfft and russians have the reputation of being the dirty ones :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
It was soo yummy.
I just got done working but in happier news I think my email is going to crash and I will lose some of the work I just did. :p

Oh and in other other news.. if you are out working in the garden and wearing gardening gloves and your pants start to fall down, you should take off the gloves or risk having poison ivy right above the area you sit. :p

Ouch!! I put hand sanitizer on poison ivy, it burns like crazy but it dries it up quickly and stops it from weeping and spreading.

Oh & I know you all don't care but here is the best BLT I have ever had...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1372819164.314431.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
It was soo yummy.

Ouch!! I put hand sanitizer on poison ivy, it burns like crazy but it dries it up quickly and stops it from weeping and spreading.

Oh & I know you all don't care but here is the best BLT I have ever had...

Mikey is worried about the spreading.
That looks yummy. Maybe I'll make some tomorrow

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
We like bacon…

I went heavy on the bacon! I just went heavy on the L & T too because I felt a little guilty!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I don't know how this relates but I'm feeling guilty too. I had a big Mac with no meat today and a diet soda. My mouth hurts from the soda still. I was so stood hungry. I should have waited until I got to my office and ate my soup

Status
Not open for further replies.