Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I think we have a mouse in the house that came up the dryer vent. There's mouse turds near the roach traps in the kitchen and I checked that my gerbils are safely secure in their cage. I wouldn't mind except it's in the kitchen and has peed on almost all my pots and pans so I think it's a boy mouse marking everything. We've put down quick snap traps with peanut butter and I recommend he takes that option over being found by the three dogs and ripped apart or swallowed whole as a snack.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
If for medical reasons, I'd fire that doctor if he said that to me !

no not medical... I just cant digest it like I used to. my body has betrayed me. I stopped eating it as much while I was pregnant because we thought it best to eat organic meats and organic beef is expensive... after my body was my own again I started eating it again and I would have problems digesting it :( still cant eat it without being in pain for days after.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
we never had a problem with mice... Mooch used to eat them before they got inside... tail and all... guess Ill have to watch out for them now :(.

On a happier note... my husband got super drunk and stayed out all night. he came home in the middle of the afternoon super hung over and landed himself in the dog house... making the conversation about keeping Gus (the new foster dog) go very smoothly... I think he would have agreed to a whole pack of new dogs he felt so bad (both emotionally and physically). Gus is currently sleeping in my daughters bed and she looks so happy even in her sleep.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I'm hoping the mouse either found a way outside or gets caught in the trap. I stuffed a towel in the dryer tube to prevent another intruder for now. I cleaned up all the turds so if I see more I'll know where it's at. But may be turning the oven on broil if I find poos by the stove again...

Tech13

5 Year Member
Melly-n-shorty said:
we never had a problem with mice... Mooch used to eat them before they got inside... tail and all... guess Ill have to watch out for them now :(.

On a happier note... my husband got super drunk and stayed out all night. he came home in the middle of the afternoon super hung over and landed himself in the dog house... making the conversation about keeping Gus (the new foster dog) go very smoothly... I think he would have agreed to a whole pack of new dogs he felt so bad (both emotionally and physically). Gus is currently sleeping in my daughters bed and she looks so happy even in her sleep.

We never had a problem with mice either, Rusty died last summer, but he was a first rate mouser! I really miss our cat, he was 15.

I'm so glad that the Gus situation is working out for you and your daughter :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:

Wow, that stinks about him staying out all night! If it was my husband I would have been worried he was hurt or dead and then when he came home I would have hurt and killed him!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I can't imagine thinking it would be ok,(drunk or sober) to stay out all night unless it was a pre planned outing, like going camping.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

Wow, that stinks about him staying out all night! If it was my husband I would have been worried he was hurt or dead and then when he came home I would have hurt and killed him!

he was smart enough to call me (far from sober) to ask if it was ok if he stayed the night, but he didnt stay on the phone long enough to answer. I gave him the "you need to grow up and be more responsible" talk when he got home. He is sun burned everywhere but where his swim trunks cover... serves him right!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Someone has to be in the CT area, right?

Bog Turtle Research Positions – Part-time
Salary ±$400/week
Location NY/CT/MA
Job Information
The Mid-Atlantic Center for Herpetology and Conservation seeks part-time assistance with a Bog Turtle conservation project located in the Taconic-Berkshire region (NY/CT/MA). Duties include: public outreach, ecological restoration, wildlife monitoring, habitat assessments, and data management. This position is 20 hours/week starting in summer 2013 and ending summer/fall 2015. Compensation will be ±$400/week. Travel reimbursement is also provided. The project is anticipated to continue beyond 2015, thus there may be employment potential beyond position’s end date.

Applicants should possess the following:

excellent verbal and written communication skills
functional understanding of ecology and wildlife biology
physical ability to assess natural areas (e.g., meadows, woods, fields, streams, etc.) on foot
Other requirements of the position include:

Ability to work independently from a home office located within a 25-mile radius from Amenia, NY
Must have personal vehicle (with insurance), a clean driving record, and a general willingness to travel throughout Taconic-Berkshire region
Bachelor’s Degree or graduate degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field expected.
Extensive field experience with Bog Turtles and landowner outreach will be considered in lieu of advanced degrees
Demonstrated field experience with amphibians and reptiles and/or conservation easement outreach
The following personal equipment: Personal computer or laptop for work use and a cell phone
Apply Now

Title Bog Turtle Research Positions – Full-time
Salary ±40,000/year.
Location Pennsylvania and New York
Job Information
The Mid-Atlantic Center for Herpetology and Conservation seeks qualified candidates for Bog Turtle conservation projects throughout the northeastern United States. Duties include: public outreach, creation of viable long-term easement monitoring protocols, ecological restoration, wildlife monitoring, habitat assessments, and data management. This position begins in the summer of 2013 and ends the fall of 2015. Compensation is ±40,000/year. Travel reimbursement is also provided. The project is anticipated to continue beyond 2015, thus there may be employment potential beyond the position’s end date. Two positions are open, one each in Pennsylvania and New York.

previous experience with Bog Turtle conservation and planning
advanced understanding of GIS and statistical analyses
physical ability to assess natural areas (e.g., meadows, woods, fields, streams, etc.) on foot

Ability to work independently from a home office located within 25-mile radius from Amenia, NY (NY Position only).
Must have personal vehicle (with insurance), a clean driving record, and a general willingness to travel throughout NE United States.
Bachelor’s Degree or graduate degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field expected.
Extensive field experience with Bog Turtles and landowner outreach will be considered in lieu of advanced degrees
Demonstrated field experience with amphibians and reptiles and/or conservation easement outreach
The following personal equipment: Personal computer or laptop for work use and a cell phone
Apply Now

Oops. Here's the application link;

http://www.machac.org/employment-opportunities/apply/1104/

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Someone has to be in the CT area, right?

Bog Turtle Research Positions – Part-time
Salary ±$400/week
Location NY/CT/MA
Job Information
The Mid-Atlantic Center for Herpetology and Conservation seeks part-time assistance with a Bog Turtle conservation project located in the Taconic-Berkshire region (NY/CT/MA). Duties include: public outreach, ecological restoration, wildlife monitoring, habitat assessments, and data management. This position is 20 hours/week starting in summer 2013 and ending summer/fall 2015. Compensation will be ±$400/week. Travel reimbursement is also provided. The project is anticipated to continue beyond 2015, thus there may be employment potential beyond position’s end date.

Ability to work independently from a home office located within a 25-mile radius from Amenia, NY
Must have personal vehicle (with insurance), a clean driving record, and a general willingness to travel throughout Taconic-Berkshire region
Apply Now

Title Bog Turtle Research Positions – Full-time
Salary ±40,000/year.
Location Pennsylvania and New York
Job Information
The Mid-Atlantic Center for Herpetology and Conservation seeks qualified candidates for Bog Turtle conservation projects throughout the northeastern United States. Duties include: public outreach, creation of viable long-term easement monitoring protocols, ecological restoration, wildlife monitoring, habitat assessments, and data management. This position begins in the summer of 2013 and ends the fall of 2015. Compensation is ±40,000/year. Travel reimbursement is also provided. The project is anticipated to continue beyond 2015, thus there may be employment potential beyond the position’s end date. Two positions are open, one each in Pennsylvania and New York.

previous experience with Bog Turtle conservation and planning
advanced understanding of GIS and statistical analyses

Ability to work independently from a home office located within 25-mile radius from Amenia, NY (NY Position only).
Must have personal vehicle (with insurance), a clean driving record, and a general willingness to travel throughout NE United States.
Apply Now

Oops. Here's the application link;

http://www.machac.org/employment-opportunities/apply/1104/

I wish! My kids schedules would not allow me to do that or any job and I live near enough to the Berkshires too!

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
My body and red meat are no longer friends either, but my brain is still in love. So I endure the pain at least twice a week.

2013 003.JPG
Last nights, Bloody Mary Steak. Two of my favorite things, Blood Marys and beef. Happy brain, sad tummy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I made up four rib-eyes and there's just Karen and myself. I just love too graze on it as leftovers.
Mrs. C. Include the kids.

Jenley

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Az
GYAHHH my vacuum sounds as if it's going to fly away, it sounds like it is revving so high. I checked everything and there are no clogs anywhere. Off to Google and Youtube I go.[/align]

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I made up four rib-eyes and there's just Karen and myself. I just love too graze on it as leftovers.
Mrs. C. Include the kids.

I could when they are free but they are busier than me with play practice, summer cross country and percussion for the older one and hockey and soccer camp and swimming lessons for the middle one and speech therapy for the 2 year old. All I do is taxi and wait and taxi &waotsome more!!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
No signs of mice anywhere so who knows where it scampered off to. Our new washer dryer set came in! We chose the top load due to its huuuge capacity and the front load on sale has been known to occasionally leak. Washer holds 4.5 cubic feet and dryer holds 7.3 cu ft. I know I've reached adult status when coming home to a new washer dryer counts as excitement for the day.

New:
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372891950.886520.jpg

Old:
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372891979.036013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.