Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
RosieRedfoot said:
Something's eating my plants outside... Any clue what bug it is?

My best Mr. Science Guy guess is a bug with chewing mouth parts. Hope this helps.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rramagge said:
I'm new to all of this but thought I would say hi nd hope u and ur torts r all having a nice day :)

Rebecca

Welcome to pretend chat. In that we don't have a real chat on the forum, we've made a pretend one. Here we just yack about anything and in doing so, we get to know each-other on a more casual level.

RosieRedfoot said:
I think caterpillars but don't see any. And oddly enough they're eating my sage too.

Do you see those tiny round caterpillar poop balls they like to leave?

Rramagge

5 Year Member
Ah cool like the sound of that.
everyone on here seems so nice :) it's lovely 2 know there r people that know what they r talking about and help others out but also take time to no each other :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rramagge said:
Ah cool like the sound of that.
everyone on here seems so nice :) it's lovely 2 know there r people that know what they r talking about and help others out but also take time to no each other :D

So what part of the world are you? I'm in the PNW of the USA. We've got members all over the globe.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Weather guessers just said 75 on Friday. After the last few days, Friday will feel cold I fear.

Did anyone else see the gorilla story from Cincinnati, Ohio?

Apparently a local hotel has turned pet friendly during this heat wave and are even offering a 20% discount for locals with their pets. I now may need to check in there for a weekend get-a-way in the winter just to thank them for their generosity. Seems that there may be humans out there after all.

Humans are animals too.. technically :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So it's very likely your tortoise is captive bred. England and the eu have very strong import laws in regard to tortoises and other, “exotics". Concerning your weather, here in Oregon, we too have the wonderful, cool, moist, weather. We don't tan here, we rust...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Rramagge said:
I'm new to all of this but thought I would say hi nd hope u and ur torts r all having a nice day :)

Rebecca

Hi :)

RosieRedfoot said:

I had leaves that looked like that and I flipped over the leaves and there were two big fat slugs. A friend of mine told be to crush up egg shells and sprinkle them at the base of plants affected by slugs and it is too pointy for them to walk over and get to the plant.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Rramagge said:

Rebecca

RosieRedfoot said:

I had leaves that looked like that and I flipped over the leaves and there was two big fat slugs. A friend of mine told be to crush up egg shells and sprinkle them at the base of plants affected by slugs and it is too pointy for them to walk over and get to the plant.

Slugs walk over. That's funny. I think they'd just jump over it.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I don't see any caterpillar poo or any bugs. I went through and cut off all the half munched leaves and leggy branches and now my plants look tiny but they'll grow back. I disturbed two spider webs though but I don't think web creating spiders also take chunks out of plants.

Here comes the rain today! And have to get ready for work soon. Whee... Means it'll probably be slow since no one likes carrying in return items in the rain.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Rramagge said:

Rebecca

RosieRedfoot said:

I had leaves that looked like that and I flipped over the leaves and there was two big fat slugs. A friend of mine told be to crush up egg shells and sprinkle them at the base of plants affected by slugs and it is too pointy for them to walk over and get to the plant.

Slugs walk over. That's funny. I think they'd just jump over it.

Slugs can jump? Phew I was able to edit a grammatical error I made!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rain…my forced air has already kicked on. No rain in sight for at least 10 days…sigh

Slugs only have one foot. I was just poking fun…

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Rain…my forced air has already kicked on. No rain in sight for at least 10 days…sigh

Today is our last day of rain and Rob has a week off starting tomorrow, yay!

Peyton

5 Year Member
Finally hot and torts are eating

Calcuta+sage=[HEAVY BLACK HEART]

Rramagge

5 Year Member
Just wondering is anyone on this chat from England? I haven't seen many on the site yet (maybe that's just me being rubbish at looking lol)

Oh and this is tort ImageUploadedByTortForum1372793843.813050.jpg :D

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
These are planters up on the railing... I guess it could be slugs but usually they go for my flower bed in the ground.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rramagge said:
Just wondering is anyone on this chat from England? I haven't seen many on the site yet (maybe that's just me being rubbish at looking lol)

Oh and this is tort :D

Nice russian tort you've got there. I'm thinking that at some point recently, we had a forum member from England in chat. We do have many members from England on the forum though.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Rramagge said:
Thanx :) ah ok kl

If you go to the “everything else" section, the is a sub-section call, “regional requests" and in that sub-section, there are some folks asking the same question as you. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.