Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I am 23 and have a DNR, will, and a power of attorney in my friends name. Have had them since I was 14 actually. It's always good to have all the bases covered as soon as you are independent. And especially if you have pets and/or children but no spouse. Don't want them just given away to idiots after all.

Half an hour before I start my journey home and it starts to rain fairly hard. My boss is taking this time to try and convince me to work all weekend again...I don't think she knows how irritated I am at her...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
I am 23 and have a DNR, will, and a power of attorney in my friends name. Have had them since I was 14 actually. It's always good to have all the bases covered as soon as you are independent. And especially if you have pets and/or children but no spouse. Don't want them just given away to idiots after all.

Half an hour before I start my journey home and it starts to rain fairly hard. My boss is taking this time to try and convince me to work all weekend again...I don't think she knows how irritated I am at her...

Run and run fast.. go home :D you need some animal snuggle time.

I should leave all of my assets to my fish. Ha
Actually I have everything split up already. I have trusts for the kid and the rest goes to the hubster.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's my girl.
Thalatte said:
I go to the city Nd county auctions once a year as well as the atorage unit auctions but that is about all that goes on in my city.
The estate auctions are held only in winter as that's when the snow birds are down and they rack the prices up on everything so its not worth going to those for me. I did get some really cool bookshelves and library box and other stuff from the county auction. At the city auction I got plexiglass and metal and a huge cabinet and I plan on turning all of it into custom reptile enclosures.

Thanks Jacqui :p
Jacqui said:
Len said:
Going to the auction later, not taking the golf cart, taking the truck so I can bring home the old sewing machine. Keep thinking about getting a small trailer to pull behind the golf cart but haven't done it yet. I just hope there's not someone there that runs the bid way up. Do any of you go to auctions?

When I have the money and the time. Problem is I usually find something I really don't need, but think I should bring home. :D

I never heard of an Amish plant auction. What is special about the Amish plants?

Sibi glad your feeling better. Have fun tonight with hubby and the friends.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's amazing how much colder it feels, when the sky is cloudy.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
wow you guys go through chat pages quickly...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's pineapple night here for the fruit eating tortoises. I feel like I should be playing some Hawaiian music, too. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I forgot it's my aunt and uncles 50th birthday party. Guess who got dressed down for a qdoba dinner and some froyo and had to get dressed again. :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
That's my girl.

Thanks Jacqui :p

Have fun tonight chica

Jacqui said:
It's pineapple night here for the fruit eating tortoises. I feel like I should be playing some Hawaiian music, too. :D

Are you eating some too? I love pineapple. It's a forbidden fruit.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I ate some of the pineapple first, also put some of it on the fish I am baking for supper.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
:D I ate some of the pineapple first, also put some of it on the fish I am baking for supper.

I used to make a pineapple and horseradish salsa for tilapia when I ate fish. That is so good.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

I used to make a pineapple and horseradish salsa for tilapia when I ate fish. That is so good.

When I go to Lincoln, I get a great pineapple salsa I use on the fish. Tonight I will be using the very last of it. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
We are having dinner at a restaurant in my home town called highland house. It's in highland Michigan. This place had been around since I can remember and is always packed. What's funny is I remember my grandpa telling me as a kid that it was where rich folk ate. It's a pizzeria and Italian place that's like 10 to 15 dollars a dish. We were so put growing up!! They have the best bread sticks I have ever eaten though. I am a cheap date thou. I just eat off Mikes plate.
All of my peoples still live in this town except me and my kid. We were the escapees. ;)

Jacqui said:
When I go to Lincoln, I get a great pineapple salsa I use on the fish. Tonight I will be using the very last of it. :(

Want my recipes? I also have one without horseradish.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Oh my. I just threw up, twice!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
harris said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:

Oh my. I just threw up, twice!

Don't like pineapple? Don't like fish? Don't like horseradish?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Ok, wow!! I am finally caught up on chat!

I love the video of Emmet the great Dane that looks like Dagny eating his buffet! I love how madly in love his owners are with him and I know the feeling! I am going to do an at home version of that for my dogs :).
Speaking of Dogs, my Bassett Hound is limping bad and won't touch her back leg to the ground so she is going to the vet tomorrow morning. I have a feeling Dagny did something to her when I wasn't looking and feel bad!

Re: Advanced Directives: I have a card in my wallet with my advanced directives on it. It is very specific as I do not believe in prolonged life support and want my body parts donated. You can do it online at legal zoom.com and then just forward your info to your lawyer.

Sibi was speaking of white pizza and Jacqui was talking about pineapple and it reminded me of my favorite pizze: White Hawaiian.

Painters are almost done!!! Living room is finished and bathroom and kitchen will be finished on Monday!!! Yay!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
052_zps16aac835.jpg

CtTortoiseMom said:
Sibi was speaking of white pizza and Jacqui was talking about pineapple and it reminded me of my favorite pizze: White Hawaiian.

Which is what?

CtTortoiseMom said:
Re: Advanced Directives: I have a card in my wallet with my advanced directives on it. It is very specific as I do not believe in prolonged life support and want my body parts donated.

We found out, when Jeff went into surgery that actually they (during surgery) do not take advanced directives into consideration. Even if you do not wish to be revived, they will do so.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
OMG is that the puppy? Its too cute!!

White Hawaiian is Canadian bacon, onions, pineapple and cheese, it is really good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.