Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Amish auctions are the best Jacqui. The one my Father and I go to is the largest in Geauga County, and it's not all plants. That's a big section of it though. There's also furniture (hand crafted),livestock, farming equipment, and much more.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
harris said:
Amish auctions are the best Jacqui. The one my Father and I go to is the largest in Geauga County, and it's not all plants. That's a big section of it though. There's also furniture (hand crafted),livestock, farming equipment, and much more.

I'd like to go to one, but the closest Amish are about a day's trip away. They atleast use to make the best dandelion wine.

CtTortoiseMom said:
OMG is that the puppy? Its too cute!!

White Hawaiian is Canadian bacon, onions, pineapple and cheese, it is really good!!

We just call those Hawaiian. I was wondering why the white part?

041_zps5507e58e.jpg

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
We found out, when Jeff went into surgery that actually they (during surgery) do not take advanced directives into consideration. Even if you do not wish to be revived, they will do so.
[/quote]

Was it a hospital with religious affiliations. They override advanced directives which is why my card says to transfer me out of any religious hospital once stable. My fear is that my life will be drug out and cause my family suffering instead of my life ending and them getting the finality they deserve.

If it isn't a "white Hawaiian" then it has red sauce and I think red sauce on a Hawaiian pizza is gross!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
We found out, when Jeff went into surgery that actually they (during surgery) do not take advanced directives into consideration. Even if you do not wish to be revived, they will do so.

Was it a hospital with religious affiliations. They override advanced directives which is why my card says to transfer me out of any religious hospital once stable. My fear is that my life will be drug out and cause my family suffering instead of my life ending and them getting the finality they deserve.
[/quote]

No it was not.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, that scares me! I hope Rob would lawyer up and fight. Oh well, I actually hope he never has to go through that at all!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
If it isn't a "white Hawaiian" then it has red sauce and I think red sauce on a Hawaiian pizza is gross!!

so what makes it white? What sauce do they use?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

so what makes it white? What sauce do they use?
No sauce just cheese. Little Ceasars now has white pizza! The painters had me try a white chicken & garlic that they picked up and it was sooo good!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, that scares me! I hope Rob would lawyer up and fight. Oh well, I actually hope he never has to go through that at all!

It's only during surgery. Otherwise they hopefully follow your wishes, but Dr and hospitals can fight it.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

It's only during surgery. Otherwise they hopefully follow your wishes, but Dr and hospitals can fight it.

That makes sense. I would definitely want a life saving operation if I was that lucky or even to be resuscitated in the OR, I just don't want to be a vegetable with a feeding tube and respirator.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
This is Dude.

025_zps8917dd1b.jpg

Wow, dude looks way better than I thought! Did everyone get outside today? That is great! Our supposed 2-4 inches of snow turned into a foot and another school closing:(.

How is he doing with walking?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Both yesterday and today the two boys (puppy and Dude) were out in the main part of the backyard running around. If the rain holds off, they may get out again tomorrow. Then Sunday it's snow! :D With temps back into possible outside time again by Wed.

024_zps06df9dd9.jpg

021_zps355e9c7d.jpg

027_zps80a24ccb.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We got upto 65 in the shade here today!!! That's pushing 80 in the sun. Both big Sulcatas were out and the two pancakes had a little fun in the sun as well. We've got two more days of this, then it's back to 50's and rain. Hopefully frost is over, I've got a bunch of weeds to plant.
I have a hard time with religious hospitals telling me what is best for me when in truth it's what they want for themselves. It's hard enough for a Buddhist to wrap their head around me being a meat eating Buddhist, let alone a catholic hospital knowing what a Buddhist is. Lol.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Both yesterday and today the two boys (puppy and Dude) were out in the main part of the backyard running around. If the rain holds off, they may get out again tomorrow. Then Sunday it's snow! :D With temps back into possible outside time again by Wed.

024_zps06df9dd9.jpg

021_zps355e9c7d.jpg

027_zps80a24ccb.jpg
I hope you don't get snow on Sunday and the last pic's of Dude actually are a little upsetting. He is pretty deformed but in great hands and looks happy:)

Cowboy_Ken said:
We got upto 65 in the shade here today!!! That's pushing 80 in the sun. Both big Sulcatas were out and the two pancakes had a little fun in the sun as well. We've got two more days of this, then it's back to 50's and rain. Hopefully frost is over, I've got a bunch of weeds to plant.
I have a hard time with religious hospitals telling me what is best for me when in truth it's what they want for themselves. It's hard enough for a Buddhist to wrap their head around me being a meat eating Buddhist, let alone a catholic hospital knowing what a Buddhist is. Lol.

I cannot even imagine weather that warm yet. But it will be in the high 40's this week so hopefully it will melt the 2 feet of snow I've been looking at for far too long!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We get bad snow and its 8"-10"'s. sorry. But I bet you see the sun way more than we do.

Last night I floated the idea of regional get togethers. Has it been tried? Anyone think it a worthwhile pursuit?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
All the snow is melting here.
Who do you think this lady with me is?
2013-03-08_22-21-56_618_zps8eee3aab.jpg

Cowboy_Ken said:
We get bad snow and its 8"-10"'s. sorry. But I bet you see the sun way more than we do.

Last night I floated the idea of regional get togethers. Has it been tried? Anyone think it a worthwhile pursuit?

I thought we were all meeting in NY :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I have no idea who the lady is but it's a great pic! I will go to NY if everyone else is!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann,

In that I know not what you look like, I've know idea who is who.

Kerryann has described herself as fair with hair down to her waist....,

And strawberry blonde.

Status
Not open for further replies.