Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
And no corrective lens?

I think she is the one in the glasses but I was waiting for her to confirm.

Night all' mind numbing chick lit is calling my name...

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
A lot of chatter since I left for the auction, Here is the sewing machine I wanted and got. It went cheap because the cabinet is in rough shape,the way I like it. Also bought a drop leaf table that stores 4 chairs inside it, a big rocker for a carousel type horse, and a box lot with medical stuff and 22 ammo inside. the last pic is one item from the box lot and it's full, dated Oct 1928.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That is an awesome sewing machine. I like antiques Len. The oldest thing I have furniture wise is a corner cabinet from the late 16th century from Hull England. Its solid mahogany and very nice. I remember my mom or grnadma having some old sewing machines like that when i was little.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
And no corrective lens?

I think she is the one in the glasses but I was waiting for her to confirm.

Night all' mind numbing chick lit is calling my name...

Normally I wear contacts but I came home and took off all my make up and took out my contacts for the night and I wasn't doing it all back up. You are seeing me au natural. That fine lady with me is my mom. I loved the picture. We took it tonight at my aunt and uncle's 50th birthday party. They are about 4 days apart in age. It's my maternal aunt and my uncle by marriage. :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Kerryann said:
All the snow is melting here.
Who do you think this lady with me is?
2013-03-08_22-21-56_618_zps8eee3aab.jpg

Cowboy_Ken said:
We get bad snow and its 8"-10"'s. sorry. But I bet you see the sun way more than we do.

Last night I floated the idea of regional get togethers. Has it been tried? Anyone think it a worthwhile pursuit?

I thought we were all meeting in NY :)

I think I know who that is. Isn't she going to get mad at you for posting a photo of her? :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
This is Dude.

025_zps8917dd1b.jpg

Dude is a handsome fellow and that puppy is just smoochable.. I wanna smooch it's little nose.:D

tortadise said:
Kerryann said:

Cowboy_Ken said:
We get bad snow and its 8"-10"'s. sorry. But I bet you see the sun way more than we do.

Last night I floated the idea of regional get togethers. Has it been tried? Anyone think it a worthwhile pursuit?

I think I know who that is. Isn't she going to get mad at you for posting a photo of her? :D

No :) She's is like all facebooky and stuff. She's the queen of one touch ordering. She has an allergy to nickel like me.. hmm.. dang genetics and she has been breaking out in hives from spending so much time on her phone. :p

CtTortoiseMom said:
I have no idea who the lady is but it's a great pic! I will go to NY if everyone else is!

I thought NY was the plan and sibi was the cruise director. :cool:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Advance directives have become standard procedure in the medical care. I would never have a doctor be my medical surrogate because most of them don't want patients who are either terminal or very old to live at tax payers expense. It's not in their interest to keep a patient alive who will cost the system too much to keep them alive. I don't agree with that philosophy for various reasons. The ones who always get the short end of the stick on this are the poor and the disadvantaged. Now a days, it's everyone who doesn't have insurance or not adequate insurance.

Let's say you were in a bad car accident and you are unconscious with a head injury. You have a 50/50 chance of recovering from this. Do you want your doctor to have the right to take you off life support or not resuscitate you if your heart stops beating? Or, do you want someone who will do all that is possible to keep you alive unless or until there's no chance you'll ever recover?

Kerryann said:
Len said:
I am a big fan of cheese, but have a limit on what I will pay for it.

You don't eat that much when you buy Amish or Kosher cheese. It's yummy and no weird extra stuff in it but you really change how much you eat. I rarely eat any but my hubby likes to have a piece daily. His pieces are small so I am hoping it will make his cholesterol lower too. :D

My results were perfect. Yay. I get to live :p
Want to hear something weird. They asked me to do an advanced directive so they know what to do if I get half dead or dead. I said full resuscitation on the form. I asked my Dr if he could be my deciding person and he said that would be a conflict of interest. haha.. I said well Mikey gets the insurance.. isn't that a bigger conflict of interest. :D I thought I was too young for an advanced directive???

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Advance directives have become standard procedure in the medical care. I would never have a doctor be my medical surrogate because most of them don't want patients who are either terminal or very old to live at tax payers expense. It's not in their interest to keep a patient alive who will cost the system too much to keep them alive. I don't agree with that philosophy for various reasons. The ones who always get the short end of the stick on this are the poor and the disadvantaged. Now a days, it's everyone who doesn't have insurance or not adequate insurance.

Let's say you were in a bad car accident and you are unconscious with a head injury. You have a 50/50 chance of recovering from this. Do you want your doctor to have the right to take you off life support or not resuscitate you if your heart stops beating? Or, do you want someone who will do all that is possible to keep you alive unless or until there's no chance you'll ever recover?

Kerryann said:
Len said:

You don't eat that much when you buy Amish or Kosher cheese. It's yummy and no weird extra stuff in it but you really change how much you eat. I rarely eat any but my hubby likes to have a piece daily. His pieces are small so I am hoping it will make his cholesterol lower too. :D

Want to hear something weird. They asked me to do an advanced directive so they know what to do if I get half dead or dead. I said full resuscitation on the form. I asked my Dr if he could be my deciding person and he said that would be a conflict of interest. haha.. I said well Mikey gets the insurance.. isn't that a bigger conflict of interest. :D I thought I was too young for an advanced directive???

Oddly enough my doctor does research in ... i am blanking on the term. He studies medicine to help people who are elderly live more productive and healthier lives. I was kidding when I asked him to be my person but I do love him in a non romantic way.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Dude is so handsome. I'd like to take a deep breath and blow it from my nostrils into his face. They love that. I believe it's a way they get to know someone in a personal way. My sullies love when I do that to them; and they do likewise.
Kerryann, that's. A nice pic of you and your mom. I k ew immediately that it was your mom, and that you were the taller one with long hair.
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:
This is Dude.

025_zps8917dd1b.jpg

Dude is a handsome fellow and that puppy is just smoochable.. I wanna smooch it's little nose.:D

tortadise said:
Kerryann said:

Cowboy_Ken said:

No :) She's is like all facebooky and stuff. She's the queen of one touch ordering. She has an allergy to nickel like me.. hmm.. dang genetics and she has been breaking out in hives from spending so much time on her phone. :p

CtTortoiseMom said:
I have no idea who the lady is but it's a great pic! I will go to NY if everyone else is!

I thought NY was the plan and sibi was the cruise director. :cool:

That's right...:cool:

Kerryann said:
sibi said:

Kerryann said:
Len said:

Oddly enough my doctor does research in ... i am blanking on the term. He studies medicine to help people who are elderly live more productive and healthier lives. I was kidding when I asked him to be my person but I do love him in a non romantic way.

Then he's one in a million...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Kerryann said:
Len said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes he is and he looks like an older version of my mikey too.. so I am really comfortable with him. He really does care about his patients. He will drop by to see us or give me a call if results come back odd. Most doctors have their office call you but he calls us directly.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Karen and I have the same doctor. I get along great with him and like him well enough, while Karen is going to be firing him.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Karen and I have the same doctor. I get along great with him and like him well enough, while Karen is going to be firing him.

That sounds like mike and I and the dentist. I like him and Mike hates him. :p Mike sees one of my doctors PAs. He needs a woman doctor who can mother him a bit.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann said:
sibi said:
Kerryann said:
Len said:

[/quote]

Yes he is and he looks like an older version of my mikey too.. so I am really comfortable with him. He really does care about his patients. He will drop by to see us or give me a call if results come back odd. Most doctors have their office call you but he calls us directly.
[/quote]

Now that's a cool doctor. The only time I ever saw a doctor care for his patients like that was on t.v. I'm glad all your results came back ok. I said you didn't have anything to worry about, remember?

Cowboy, you wouldn't want to come to New York to meet up with some of your pen pals here?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:

[/quote]

Now that's a cool doctor. The only time I ever saw a doctor care for his patients like that was on t.v. I'm glad all your results came back ok. I said you didn't have anything to worry about, remember?

Cowboy, you wouldn't want to come to New York to meet up with some of your pen pals here?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was good to hear it is all good. My first echo was bad which is why it's so scary I think.
We need a cowboy to wrangle us all in NY.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've never been east of the continental divide. All the states from Montana to Texas and Alaska, but never further. I was taught life doesn't exist east of the divide, otherwise, my people wouldn't have gone as far west as they could before having to swim!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Len, Great find! Love to see a shot of the drop leaf table all extended out. And Kerry, Cowboy, and Sibi, don't touch the 3rd photo. Next thing you know you won't stop scratching n itching.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just saw that cell phone jamming equipment is being installed where the cardinals are voting for a new pope to prevent leaks of information or maybe just last minute influencing. I'm just thinking this should really be unneeded in that these guys are trustworthy, right? I mean if temptation is so strong, shouldn't they just resign themselves?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow Cowboy, life don't exist past the continental divide? What does that make us who live in MN, CT, FL? Ok, if you don't want to travel to NY, then would you be willing to meet in CA? And, who are your people, may I ask?
Cowboy_Ken said:
I've never been east of the continental divide. All the states from Montana to Texas and Alaska, but never further. I was taught life doesn't exist east of the divide, otherwise, my people wouldn't have gone as far west as they could before having to swim!

Status
Not open for further replies.