Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I got that when he said that he learned long ago that people don't live east of the continental divide. Then, I asked who his people were?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
theelectraco said:
Today, I had helped a customer who owned a year old red eared slider and it had a soft shell. Turns out she didn't have UVB lighting, which I figured the minute she started talking about the shell. Then she also explained that she doesn't have any heat lights, only LED lights to light up the tank. Poor turtle. Then she asked me if she needed to buy him a new shell. My jaw dropped. I cannot believe how stupid some people are. Then I explained how important it was for her to get her turtle heat and UVB lighting and of course, she buys nothing.
Jeez, that stinks. I cannot believe they didn't get the light! Poor RES!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Len said:
A lot of chatter since I left for the auction, Here is the sewing machine I wanted and got. It went cheap because the cabinet is in rough shape,the way I like it. Also bought a drop leaf table that stores 4 chairs inside it, a big rocker for a carousel type horse, and a box lot with medical stuff and 22 ammo inside. the last pic is one item from the box lot and it's full, dated Oct 1928.

Yippy!! You got what you went after!!

Ken regional meetups have been done. They have done it in CA and I believe TX.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I've never been east of the continental divide. All the states from Montana to Texas and Alaska, but never further. I was taught life doesn't exist east of the divide, otherwise, my people wouldn't have gone as far west as they could before having to swim!

Okay instead of Wyatt Earp, I am now picturing you looking like crocodile Dundee when he comes to.. Was it NYC or Chicago? I can't remember.
I have never been to the PNW, Texas or Alaska. But, I have been everywhere else in the US.
Good Morning Chatters! I am leaving to take my poor basset hound to the vet. Her limping is worse. She fell over today just standing, so I am wondering if she is dizzy too. I am really nervous!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Here I came in this am hoping to hear some good news on Reagan (sp?). :( Hope the Vet finds nothing really wrong with her.

257.jpg

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Good morning people! It is picture time for my reptiles! And I have to measure them as well I swear my sulcata doubled in size.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Thalatte said:
Good morning people! It is picture time for my reptiles! And I have to measure them as well I swear my sulcata doubled in size.

Yay, picture time! I hope you're planning on posting! :)

I know what you mean about them sullies. I was just thinking this morning that mine looks likes he's grown since yesterday. Lol! Theyre such a fun species! :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
theelectraco said:
Today, I had helped a customer who owned a year old red eared slider and it had a soft shell. Turns out she didn't have UVB lighting, which I figured the minute she started talking about the shell. Then she also explained that she doesn't have any heat lights, only LED lights to light up the tank. Poor turtle. Then she asked me if she needed to buy him a new shell. My jaw dropped. I cannot believe how stupid some people are. Then I explained how important it was for her to get her turtle heat and UVB lighting and of course, she buys nothing.

Oh no :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Len: So glad you were able to get your sewing machine. How many does that make now? Are you talented enough to be able to replace that veneer?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh my Jacqui, those flowers are beautiful!!
Reagan had a high fever 105!! Also a dislocated knee cap. Holy cow! I am famous for taking the dogs in and they find nothing and now I just feel terrible!! She has an antibiotic for this random infection that is causing her fever and she got a big dose of NSAIDs for her poor knee!!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
emysemys said:
Len: So glad you were able to get your sewing machine. How many does that make now? Are you talented enough to be able to replace that veneer?

Thanks, Yes I can replace it, but I would like to find some old veneer to use instead of new veneer. This makes 7 treadle machines. This one is my first bobbin-less one tough, it only uses one thread and can do up to 22 stitches an inch.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Yep I will post pics and details probably on Monday as I am going to use my big camera so I have to wait til I get back to my comp to download the photos.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
CtTortoiseMom said:
Reagan had a high fever 105!! Also a dislocated knee cap. Holy cow! I am famous for taking the dogs in and they find nothing and now I just feel terrible!! She has an antibiotic for this random infection that is causing her fever and she got a big dose of NSAIDs for her poor knee!!

Poor guy! :(
How does a dog dislocate a kneecap? Is that a congenital thing?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Len said:
Thanks, Yes I can replace it, but I would like to find some old veneer to use instead of new veneer. This makes 7 treadle machines. This one is my first bobbin-less one tough, it only uses one thread and can do up to 22 stitches an inch.

I have an old singer 201 but I need to get a table for it.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
We should do Disney land!

We could be like those tourists that all wear matching shirts so everyone knows which group they belong to!
Our shirts would be tortoises!

I love that idea

CtTortoiseMom said:

Poor pup. I didn't know dogs have knee caps. Bassetts are prone to the spinal problem my lab had so I am glad it wasn't that when you said limping and falling over I couldn't even type it. Dogs hide the extent of their injury well so don't feel bad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:

Jacqui:

What ARE those????? They're beautiful! Is that in your yard?

You all remember what my front walkway looked like before:

02-16-13a_zps379e947b.jpg

This is what it looks like now:

03-09-13c_zps8d28c316.jpg

The violas have taken off and are growing nicely, however, the rain knocked all the petals off the blossoms on the flowering pear tree.

My front porch:

03-09-13b_zps05849fce.jpg

And violas volunteering from last year's planting:

03-09-13a_zpsaf9fd9b3.jpg

In case you don't get it, I really, REALLY love violas.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Yvonne, do you have a recipe for growing moss in and enclosure that contains buttermilk?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
mctlong said:

My labradoodle Emmaline has a genetic disorder common in poodles and chihuahuas where the groove that the kneecap is supposed to sit in isn't deep enough so every now and then the kneecaps will slip out of place and her legs will lock up. She then howls in pain until they go back in place. To compensate for this she had surgery which didn't work so now she has physical therapy, pain meds, glucosamine chondroitin supplements, and is on a weight loss regimen.
She is barely 2 years old.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Zamric said:
Yvonne, do you have a recipe for growing moss in and enclosure that contains buttermilk?

I must confess I'd never heard of this before, but this is what I found:

Moss Making Recipe:

2 cups buttermilk or plain yogurt
1 - 1 1/2 cups of chopped-up moss (Fresh or Dried)
Mix until creamy and spreadable. If the mixture is too thick, add a small amount of water. If it’s too thin, add more moss.

Paint the mixture onto the new surface. You can allow the mixture to sit for a day or two, to start the process. You may get mold first, but by about week 6 you should see signs of moss.

I'm going to give it a try.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Thalatte said:
mctlong said:

My labradoodle Emmaline has a genetic disorder common in poodles and chihuahuas where the groove that the kneecap is supposed to sit in isn't deep enough so every now and then the kneecaps will slip out of place and her legs will lock up. She then howls in pain until they go back in place. To compensate for this she had surgery which didn't work so now she has physical therapy, pain meds, glucosamine chondroitin supplements, and is on a weight loss regimen.
She is barely 2 years old.

My Surge had this problem, he was a Rat Terrier and a small dog like the toy poodles and Chihuahuas (@6-9lbs).

one day his knee siezed up and they had to replace it (it poped right back in but once it happened, it happened more often till the surgery). His surgery worked well for a few years, but his last couple of years, he was on a low dosage asprin regiment for the pain. After 17 years, I'm sure everything on the little guy was acheing, all the time! (Like me and aging....)

Status
Not open for further replies.