Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Yeah, I had a response written out for Kerryann and Kim, and when I went to post it, poof..it disappeared. So, I'll try it again. Kerryann, loved all your pics, especially the ones with the dogs. Also, you ought to enlarge that one of you in front of the beautiful flower bush. Too bad you can see you was freezing:p

Kim, I wouldn't worry about the furniture...how are the winters there and driving that steep driveway? Count the costs before making any decisions.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Jacqui
Your right there is a great flower bush in that picture . I didn't even notice it the first time I looked :)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It doesn't snow here and if it does, it lasts maybe an hour. We both have 4x4 vehicles too but my Subaru may lack clearance and scrape. Dunno, it's been on the market a while and it's probably the steep driveway in a neighborhood of elderly folks. They've added new granite counters, new appliances, all wood/tile floors plus dropped the price some recently. But a hill would deter thieves and solicitors lol. Plus could do some very cool tiered stone retaining wall garden levels up the front hill.

Here's a picture of the driveway.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377401836.810368.jpg

It looked steeper in person but maybe I'm just crazy :p

At least it's not as bad as these I found online...
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377401975.057190.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thanks guys and I was freezing. As the sun went down it probably dropped 10 degrees.
I think that is a hydrangea. I was looking at one today but I want an oak leaf hydrangea.

RosieRedfoot said:
It doesn't snow here and if it does, it lasts maybe an hour. We both have 4x4 vehicles too but my Subaru may lack clearance and scrape. Dunno, it's been on the market a while and it's probably the steep driveway in a neighborhood of elderly folks. They've added new granite counters, new appliances, all wood/tile floors plus dropped the price some recently. But a hill would deter thieves and solicitors lol. Plus could do some very cool tiered stone retaining wall garden levels up the front hill.

Here's a picture of the driveway.

It looked steeper in person but maybe I'm just crazy :p

At least it's not as bad as these I found online...

That is a cute house. A steep driveway isn't do bad.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It helps that it's on 2/3 of an acre too. More pet room :p Most houses here the plot of land is 100 ft by 180ft so that makes me feel like you could open your window and carry on conversation with the neighbors. I don't mind some close neighbors but when I sneeze I don't want to hear a "bless you" (or three-one from each side) in return lol.

I think Rosie the tort would like a half acre plot to herself :p

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377403575.160921.jpg
Kitchen

ImageUploadedByTortForum1377403593.683179.jpg
Front living room

Just thought I'd share :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Keep sharing house pictures, so fun! When hubby goes to repos I like to go with and check them out. I always find something unique to share with my sister.

Has anyone heard from Erin? I really hope Rand is doing well.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kim, that looks great. Don't know if those cabinets in the kit are dated, but you got stainless steel appliances and granite countertop! That's a plus. The living area is nice with high ceilings. That's another plus. That driveway isn't that bad. I was thinking the second driveway was what you had. They might have well dug a hole in the ground and put a garage door on it:-D

Jacqui, my thumb is almost completely healed. I still have some soft tissue on the nail, but it will fall off when the new nail comes in. I still have a slight irritation, redness, and burning sensation on on the corner of the nail where they lanced it. It's a tiny sore, but I'm using the thumb again to hitchhike :p

No, I asked about her last week, but I guess no one has heard a thing. I'm beginning to worry. God I hope everything is ok. I think I'm gonna email her. The last we heard was that baby Rand was showing some redness around the incision and the doctor outlined on the skin the extent that the redness could go. If it went beyond that point, he'd have to take IV antibiotics at the hosp. It's not like Erin to not check in with us. Even when Rand was having the surgery, she kept us posted.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I think the cabinets are new since most 80-90's cabinets have the gap at the top. Newer fashion dictates cabinets go to ceilings.

I'm concerned about Erin as well. She hasn't been on the forum since August 20th... Really hoping Rand is doing well.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Jacqui said:
Our 6 are what I call indoor cats. They get to sleep on our bed at night.
We do what we call a, “Kitty Walk-about" here. We walk around the property on about sundown, and the cats all join us. They chase each other and hide in bushes ahead of us to jump out and scare us. A good time is had by all. The 9 months it rains here is a drag for Kitty Walk-about.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well it's 11pm do you know where the tortoise lovers are?? Getting their beauty rest Good night all.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
bacontree_zpsb51dc952.jpg

Yes Ken, it's your bacon sunday! :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I didn't sleep well at all... I felt sick to my stomach most of the night so I called out of work when I woke up. I'm feeling slightly better, but still dehydrated and exhausted with a headache so I don't think I'll call back in. Would explain my stiff neck/headache/feeling warm last night before bed that didn't get better with ibuprofen and water.

Might take a nap sooner or later and get a gatorade or two to replenish some electrolytes. So sleepy...

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Ken, my mother always did the "kitty call" at night to make sure everyone was home. (I grew up in the boonies!)
Twice new cats came when she called, and made themselves right at home :-0

It's raining this morning, we found blooms on our water hyacinths, hubby and I had a wonderful walk.

Now I have to go school supply shopping....cross your fingers for me!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Even though I'm not going in to work I cleaned up the dog yard since you'd get hit by a wave of pee stank anywhere outside the house. To avoid neighborly complaints I just hosed down the pavers and stairs with bleach in a miracle gro style sprayer and voila! No more **** smell. Our soil doesn't do anything but hold in their pee smell so I have to wash the yard regularly if we don't get daily rain.

At least it's stink free for now (sorry Mother Nature)!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It is such Bacon Sunday!
We've had a little drizzle this AM for about 2 hrs. The russians are out doing their happy dance.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good day to everyone, and happy bacon day to you Ken :p Has anyone heard from Erin? Jacqui? Kim, what did you eat before you got sick? Sounds like something didn't agree with you. Everytime I called in sick, which I was,I always spent the day cleaning and catching up on house chores. Ugh! Even though I don't work anymore, I still do this catchup chores when I feel like I'm taking a day off. Of what? Heck if I know:p

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It may have been dinner. Had a hot dog and some chips but it's not like I haven't eaten those exact things before and been fine. I did have some tea that had Splenda and later had ice cream that I realized also had Splenda and it may have just been too much fake sugar to process.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I think I just need to avoid eggs and now Splenda.

So we drove around some more neighborhoods and liked that hilly house best still. We emailed the realtor to set up a viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.