Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
:D
I got a Christmas tree bin today. 8 bucks at Wal-Mart! :) Tomorrow I'll soak the Russians in it, then soon-ish it'll be the new sulcata habitat. Oh and an update on the little rescue, she's very soft, but still somewhat active. She ate a few bites of mazuri the other day but no such luck since. Baby food soaks will keep going on daily. My water to carrot ratio is like 1:2, should there be more carrot?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds okay, I just kinda go by looks and never really thought percents and such. I would also get some plain pedialyte (sp?) to add too. There is also a product called I believe Critcal care. I add that powder to the water too. Oh yes, did you ever get the liquid calcium?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I added liquid calcium two days ago but she freaked out and would ram into the wall. I just assumed she didnt like it and added some more carrot and scraped cuttlebone

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never had to litter train a cat. All you do it get a cat and put a litter box someplace where the cat knows where it is. They'd much rather do their business in cat litter than in your husband's flannel slippers.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Hmm... Maybe its time to invest in a cat!

Just realised she still has her egg tooth... She must've hatched around June/ July 2013. Is that normal? Should I be worried?

Oh and I got her to eat, but only lettuce

Attachments

• 1390085734311.jpg
    1390085734311.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 34

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tiffany,
What a cutie! Now I miss Lite Ricky as a little puppy!!!
Kerryann,
Ours is The Circle Double K Ranch. We live in the hills, farmers are in the flatlands.
So the show was a blast! Jacqui, I ended up bringing the pancake home from the Craigslist add. I'm not going to share what I payed for him in that I don't want anyone to hate me. I'm serious, it was such a good deal, Karen even said, “I guess it does pay to be Cowboy Ken!" My friend Doug forgot my female. He decided not to sell any at the show, so he drew a line through that list. On that list it said, “kens female". But he drew a line in it and never looked at it again. When I told him about the deal for the male pancake, he said he hated me. The Russian is a little cute guy.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tiffany,
I posted some pictures in the thread about the show. Check them out.

The best was the undercover F&G boys showing up and telling people to put the 4" turtles and tortoises behind the table or get a ticket. These boys didn't even notice the African Frogs. When I asked the guy with the tiny pancakes how he got away with them still out, he said,“ They look 4" to me." I looked him dead in the eye and with a straight face said, “That's what you tell your wife, right?". Poor guy, everyone in earshot laughed.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Well I'm sure that boosted his self esteem! Way to go. I hung out at the Pomona show asking people why I couldn't get a "little baby sulcata turtle to put with my fish"... I got some pretty weird looks. One lady started to lecture me, so I had to grab my phone and explain that I was kidding and that I've raised sulcatas for a while now :rolleyes::D:p

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Who needs baby steps?! Nah. I thought you were going to say "to not get so many torts" or something!:p

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
There's a gigantic spider on my bedroom door.

I guess I'll just sleep in the living room.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I was sleeping. We went to a reptile show here. It didn't have any speakers and there were some Sellers educating the people buying but most were just taking in cash. It was more snakes than tortoises.
It's my dog Cici's seventh birthday. She gets to go pick out a toy today at the store. Ozzie will get one too. Mikes mom has her littermate/sister Coco, so she made the dogs a cake yesterday with carrots instead of candles.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Skymall007 said:
I saved a yellow jacket. I named him Polka Dot. I was terrified of him.

The yellow jackets you come across this time if year are the queens. If you save her your saving 20,000 yellow jackets!!!
I squish em.

Status
Not open for further replies.