Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
I would agree. My mother-in-law can't stand the heat. She's from Maryland and she longs for cold weather. She moved near us instead of going back to Maryland. Sometimes I think she regrets it. What part of Florida are you from?

I'm glad you had a great day. I'm so done with the cold weather. I think if I had a choice to die freezing or burning, I'd pick burning any day.

Me too. It keeps being wintry here thou. I'm ready to wear fun spring stuff. :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
@Sibi, I am from Boca Raton which means I was around Northeasterners my whole childhood, haha! Most of what we called 'the snowbirds' were from NYC, CT, NH. Then, when I moved for a little while to Gulf Sores, Al all of the snow birds were from the Midwest.

I can see why your MIL would miss Maryland, my sister in law lives there and it is much milder there than it is here and it is kind gets super hot and humid in the summer there. I love where she lives!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have mainly lived in Arizona and Northern Utah and I must say I love the cold! Blizzards where my favorite! so much fun just sitting in front of a window with a fire blazing nearby and reading a book while nature howls and moans, expressing her icy displeasure.
Plus it was the only time I could wear all my funky minskirts and leggings.

On the other hand the arid heat of arizona is horrible!!! I hat it. by the time springs starts you are already in shorts and a tank top sweating never able to cool down...ugh!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thalatte said:
I have mainly lived in Arizona and Northern Utah and I must say I love the cold! Blizzards where my favorite! so much fun just sitting in front of a window with a fire blazing nearby and reading a book while nature howls and moans, expressing her icy displeasure.
Plus it was the only time I could wear all my funky minskirts and leggings.

On the other hand the arid heat of arizona is horrible!!! I hat it. by the time springs starts you are already in shorts and a tank top sweating never able to cool down...ugh!!!

So, why do you live in AZ? I don't think I could live there either, although I love the heat. I think the difference is I have to have ocean breeze with the heat. Can't Survive in arid weather.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
This is what is keeping me warm right now...ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1363663465.613259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Arizona was on the list of states I wouldn't mind living in until I learned about haboobs. DNW

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jaizei said:
Arizona was on the list of states I wouldn't mind living in until I learned about haboobs. DNW

Neal or someone from AZ posted pics of the one they had last year. It didn't even look real to me!

Where in FL are you, Sibi?

Oh yeah, & welcome back Sibi. We missed you but understood why you weren't on.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
CtTortoiseMom said:
jaizei said:

Neal or someone from AZ posted pics of the one they had last year. It didn't even look real to me!

Where in FL are you, Sibi?

Oh yeah, & welcome back Sibi. We missed you but understood why you weren't on.

haboobs? What the heck are those? Never heard of that. Pardon my ignorance :p
I'm from the Florida panhandle, Fort Walton Beach area. It's good to be back.
Is that Dadny warming you up?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh no, not those! I am staying far away from AZ. Poor Thalatte. What she has to put up with in her life. If I were her, I'd be angry all the time, and choking. I feel for you too, jaizei.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Good Morning! I have been married for 10 years today! In that time we have had 3 kids, 4 dogs, and 3 tortoises. It's crazy to think about how far we have come in the 14 years we have been together, from teenagers to raisiing a teen!

Sorry about the snow Kerryann, I have about 6 inches and it is supposed to snow until 8pm:(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congrats Erin!!

Cowboy_Ken said:
I've just sorta been told that if i plan to keep grocery bags full of weeds from the yard in the crisper drawer of the fridge that maybe I should plug the garage fridge in and keep them out there.

:D It's to store all the tortoise food that I have one running out in my garage. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Congratulations, Erin:

392924wzseyy3jfr.gif

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It looks so strangely familiar to me to see that other mod's name and mine in the same sentence. My older sister is named Jackie, and I grew up with "Jackie and Yvonne" in the same sentence frequently. Haven't heard it in a very long time now.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Good Morning! I have been married for 10 years today!

A very merry/happy congrats to the two of you! I believe the 10 year gift is a new house, right? For Karen's and my 1st, I bought her a house, 2nd, I bought her a barn.

3sulcata
7russian
2pancake
1uro
6cats
1syko dog
1 wonderful wife

I have no idea where those pictures came from...they aren't even any of my tortoises?

3sulcata
7russian
2pancake
1uro
6cats
1syko dog
1 wonderful wife

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
He bought me a house shortly after we got married and now we are on to the 2nd house:) I was 23 when we bought this house, I would love to see a young family move in here!

emysemys said:
It looks so strangely familiar to me to see that other mod's name and mine in the same sentence. My older sister is named Jackie, and I grew up with "Jackie and Yvonne" in the same sentence frequently. Haven't heard it in a very long time now.

I thought Maggie was your only sibling. Do you have any others besides Jackie and Maggie?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
sibi said:
Oh no, not those! I am staying far away from AZ. Poor Thalatte. What she has to put up with in her life. If I were her, I'd be angry all the time, and choking. I feel for you too, jaizei.

Who said I wasn't angry?

I live in Az because of familial obligations. Believe me I would much rather be in Utah.

Congrats Erin!

Ummm...what's with the unknown tortoise pic attachments?

Oh they are gone...interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.