Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Spock will find random pieces of garbage on the floor, from hidden dust bunnies under the couch to those little rubber things they put on earbuds that always magically disappear... and goes NUTS with them.

He really really REALLY loves those teaser toys with feathers on a stick though...I got him one last night and he's already ripped three of the feathers out -_-

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We have one cat that proudly catches night crawlers. I'll see him walking across the parking area, with what appears from a distance, to be a rubber boa in his mouth, then as he gets closer, I realize its just a worm! He'll play with it for a bit, then move on. Ava will find it, and eat it. A fun fact of Ava when she was a puppy, she would sniff out, find, and eat slugs. Very nasty stuff. They would stick to the inside of her mouth with results similar to peanut butter. Very happy she outgrew that phase!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Here are the pictures of my house that is for sale. We filled a 10x10 storage unit to help it look less cluttered....

Attachments

• image-93692433.png
    image-93692433.png
    698.8 KB · Views: 24
  • image-170527354.png
    image-170527354.png
    638.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image-3637677516.png
    image-3637677516.png
    721.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1826212408.png
    image-1826212408.png
    370.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image-4184977491.png
    image-4184977491.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image-4124234725.png
    image-4124234725.png
    431.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image-1309287007.png
    image-1309287007.png
    416.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1235995838.png
    image-1235995838.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image-1758875274.png
    image-1758875274.png
    380 KB · Views: 23
  • image-1720978880.png
    image-1720978880.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 18

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Nice place! Is there acreage there?

I really like the lower level, curved window affect.

Thanks & Yes, but only 2.0 acres. One acre is cleared and the other is heavily wooded.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Well, that only proves you aren't a hoarder. A true hoarder would never vacuum their bed:p I didn't even know about dead cells until the guy from Kirby came to do a demonstration and when they did my bed, I was totally grossed out.

Kerryann said:
emysemys said:
I'm so glad to hear you say that. I've always thought I was some sort of weakling when it comes to picking up a mattress. Then you see these commercials where the guy just picks it up like it weighs nothing. Its all I can do to slide it off the bed onto the floor. Forget about manhandling it over and around. Sorry you strained your muscles, but happy to know I'm not alone in my weakness!

I told my hubs it counted as a work out. I panicked a bit when it fell on me so they aren't light. My husband was impressed because he walked in when I was sliding it back on.
I can't believe you'd try it on your own!!
Ok I'm off to bed.

RosieRedfoot said:
I can flip a Queen size regular spring mattress but now we have a foam king bed that takes 2-3 people to move...

Did you know you're supposed to vacuum a mattress frequently? When you think about the amount of dead skin cells on one it makes you really never want to stay in a hotel, lol.

I vacuumed mine because it was like an episode of animal hoarders on the mattress, box springs and under the bed.

No but sometimes I watch hoarders so I get motivated to clean everything. I cleaned everything yesterday and Mike came upstairs after his wiring and was like wait.. are people coming over?? and I was like no why?? and he was like because it looks like the fake house we show people. :D I told him if I ever let it get too far away from fake house then fake house will be impossible. :p

Sooo I had my monthly meeting with the board and my client sent the CEO an email saying that even though they are unhappy in general that I am a rock star and I have worked relentlessly to make them happy. They actually said they wished the rest of the team was like me. :D and no I didn't provide the special services. :D:D:D:D:D

CtTortoiseMom said:
Here are the pictures of my house that is for sale. We filled a 10x10 storage unit to help it look less cluttered....

Your house is gorgeous. I love all of the wood.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I watch hoarders to help convince myself and Karen that we've got room enough for many more cats and tortoises. Lol.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I, too watch hoarders to inspire me to clean. I just sold off a few things I didn't need on CL for cash. I moved the stuff with me about 8 months ago and it's been in the back of a closet so I obviously don't need it since I forgot I had it. I have a lot of clothes and shoes I'm thinking of consigning to clear out space...

Nice house! Where did you get that R2-D2 rug?! It's so cool! :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks all:). I got the R2D2 rug from pottery barn. The realtor made us remove a ton of furniture and of course we cannot put any pics back up on the freshly painted walls. and a coffee table and a chair. & ottoman was removed from the living room and the sunroom was the kids play room with a train table and kids kitchen & other toys but that is all in storage now. I hope he is right and someone buys it!!!!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
On my I love all the wood and the curved sunroom!

I watch hoarders to tell myself that my house is clean enough and I need not do any more otherwise I can spend all day scrubbing and alphabetizing everything.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
On my I love all the wood and the curved sunroom!

I watch hoarders to tell myself that my house is clean enough and I need not do any more otherwise I can spend all day scrubbing and alphabetizing everything.

I loved that room too. It makes you feel like being outside I would think. :D

I don't alphabetize everything but there is an order to everything at my house. Mike organizes the basement and garage and I am in charge of the rest of the house. I think it makes things more efficient to find.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Unfortunately finding anything in my house is near impossible. I am constantly reorganizing things when I need to think. But because my mind is on other things I can never remember where I put things...
Sometimes I do it by alphabetizing, or by color pattern, or size etc. It all depends on what I am thinking about...actually that may not be true I don't know why I do what I do...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That just irritates the heck out of me. I'll see something and say to myself, "I'd better put this in a safe place where I'll be able to get it next time." Then I'll forget where that safe place is.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I can't watch hoarders without feeling like I need to take a shower! The last one I saw was where a wheelchair bound lady was surrounded by trash, most of which was soiled adult diapers!! After that I couldn't risk seeing something similar to that again!!

My husband is responsible for cleaning up the outside and scooping up dog poop & the garage and I am responsible for everything on the inside.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Then you would have just loved the one where the lady had a bathroom full of human feces that was years and years old. And she was a business woman who dressed nicely and went out to work each day. I just don't get it.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
emysemys said:
Then you would have just loved the one where the lady had a bathroom full of human feces that was years and years old. And she was a business woman who dressed nicely and went out to work each day. I just don't get it.

I didn't see that but I saw one where the woman kept like the front area of here house where people could see clean and then the interior was a wreck. I think for some of the people it's not hoarding, it's just being dirty.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I don't understand the ones where the parent gets evicted due to hazardous living conditions, moves in with children and continues hoarding to the point that the grand kids get taken away by cps. But the children don't do anything about it. It's their house! How can they sit back and allow the filth of their parents endanger the children?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
I don't understand the ones where the parent gets evicted due to hazardous living conditions, moves in with children and continues hoarding to the point that the grand kids get taken away by cps. But the children don't do anything about it. It's their house! How can they sit back and allow the filth of their parents endanger the children?

I am agreeing with that. I saw one where it was a whole family and they apparently hoarded everything but it was really just people threw their stuff on the floor when they were done. I just dont know how you don't go omg this is stinky. I mean sometimes at night ill put the dishes in the sink or leave the pots in the sink soaking but i can't imagine just letting it mound.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:

Whoa, I did not see that one! Why didn't she just go in the toilet?? It had to be a sickness. I could see my husband being one of the neater, cleaner hoarders because he gets into these hobbies and has to collect everything he can. That's why it took usdo long to clean the basement because we had to throw out most of the memorabilia he collected from his various hobbies over the past years.

Oh no, I just found out we are getting 6-10 inches of snow tonight!! This is truley the longest winter ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.