Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
DSC_0535_zps77461f39.jpg

I just made a whole thread about him but here's a sneak peak :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Thalatte said:
Morning everyone. I have been trying to get out of bed for 3hrs but my dog just growls and climbs more on top of me...it's getting hard to breathe...

My lab will start swatting me with her paw if I am not up to feed her breakfast by 8. She will go right back to bed and sleep until dinner time afterwards though. :D

CourtneyAndCarl said:
I got a cat! His name is Mr. Spock...

Pics :)

Erin if they do stain you can hit them quick with some kilz and it will make them nice and white again. :D Use a sponge brush and put it on very lightly to make it blend naturally. If they are white of course.
I have had to use that trick before for a client who didn't want auditors to know that they had an HVAC leak in the data center days before the audit. It wasn't a ton of water leaking but covering up the evidence was easier than answering the questions or getting a comment.

Thanks, it doesn't look like they are stained & it was only two tiles.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Such a cute cat!!!

Emmaline believes in getting up at 5am mon-sat but sundays are for sleeping in untill 11:15 at which point its lunch time. I dont know why she is so consistant about her schedule but she has been this way for the past 2yrs. It is extremely annoying as I think saturdays are for sleeping in and sundays are for waking up early to clean and prepare for the week. Heaven forbid I decide otherwise though.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My husband is out rewiring the garage with 220 volt stuff. I guess he needs it to run the new welder. I am worried he is going to electrocute himself. :( He said he needed to run a new service?? I have no idea what that means except it was huge wire and these huge box things which makes me think it's a lot of power if he gets zapped. ugh..

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Well its fine as long as he shut off the breakers in the area he is working.
I think running a new service means he has to set up an new breaker?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Kerryann said:
My husband is out rewiring the garage with 220 volt stuff. I guess he needs it to run the new welder. I am worried he is going to electrocute himself. :( He said he needed to run a new service?? I have no idea what that means except it was huge wire and these huge box things which makes me think it's a lot of power if he gets zapped. ugh..

No pictures?

Service is the main feed, where a building's electrical system is tied to the source.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
@Kerryann, I don't know what any of that means and I would be worried too!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
Well its fine as long as he shut off the breakers in the area he is working.
I think running a new service means he has to set up an new breaker?

I know he didn't shut the power off at the meter which is what I think he would have to do to be 100% safe. He said if he isn't stupid he will know not to touch this wire and that wire together to create a current.

jaizei said:
Kerryann said:

No pictures?

Service is the main feed, where a building's electrical system is tied to the source.

No i have been staying away afraid I would dos something dumb and accidentally cause him to be electrocuted. He did it though. I got freaked out just a minute ago when I called into the basement and heard no answer. Then I went down and he wasn't down there. He is already wiring the garage. He grumbled something about having the right tools and know how when I was like wow babe you did that so fast.

CtTortoiseMom said:
@Kerryann, I don't know what any of that means and I would be worried too!!

I argued with him and told him to call an electrician but he got hateful and told me that he does have an electrical engineering degree from one of the best engineering schools in the country and at that point I was like well.... then.. have at it. :rolleyes:

I was wrong.. He just cut the power and finished by wiring to the main. I about panicked when the power went out but no worries he is safe and cleaning up his mess.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well guys, that should teach us gals to leave the big stuff to our hubbies especially if the know what they've doing even if we don't. That's nice that you have a hubby that can do electrical stuff.

Everyone....i have an announcement: Baby Runt weighed in at 12 oz today!!!!!! He's 4 oz shy of one pound. When he Reaches one pound, we'll have a TFO PARTY.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Well guys, that should teach us gals to leave the big stuff to our hubbies especially if the know what they've doing even if we don't. That's nice that you have a hubby that can do electrical stuff.

Everyone....i have an announcement: Baby Runt weighed in at 12 oz today!!!!!! He's 4 oz shy of one pound. When he Reaches one pound, we'll have a TFO PARTY.

Good news:)
You are such a proud mama.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As I mentioned the other day, I had bought strawberries and vanilla ice cream and was going to make pound cake to go with it, however I didn't have eggs. So, because I'm so barn sour, I didn't get around to going to the store until today. I now have a wonderfully smelling house (pound cake in the oven and almost done), but no ice cream or strawberries. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yes I am, a d for good reason. This baby is really not a baby. He's 3 years old going on 4. He definitely has MBD it with calcium supplements and good Florida sunshine, his plastron is hardening. His growth is steady and I only see positive things for his future.

Oh Yvonne, I wish I were there. I don't need strawberries and Ice cream to eat pound cake:p You can seal it up and put it in the freezer until you can get out to get your ice cream and strawberries. Just a thought.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
emysemys said:
As I mentioned the other day, I had bought strawberries and vanilla ice cream and was going to make pound cake to go with it, however I didn't have eggs. So, because I'm so barn sour, I didn't get around to going to the store until today. I now have a wonderfully smelling house (pound cake in the oven and almost done), but no ice cream or strawberries. :(

Eat some pound cake tonight and enjoy it. :) Then get some strawberries and ice cream tomorrow and enjoy that too. If you have crushed pineapple you could mix pineapple and brown sugar to make a topping. :D

sibi said:
Yes I am, a d for good reason. This baby is really not a baby. He's 3 years old going on 4. He definitely has MBD it with calcium supplements and good Florida sunshine, his plastron is hardening. His growth is steady and I only see positive things for his future.

Oh Yvonne, I wish I were there. I don't need strawberries and Ice cream to eat pound cake:p You can seal it up and put it in the freezer until you can get out to get your ice cream and strawberries. Just a thought.

That is so awesome. It's so stressful but it feels so good when they are doing well. I was patting myself on the back a month ago about bettys shell and then she got this weird fungus.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann said:
emysemys said:

Eat some pound cake tonight and enjoy it. :) Then get some strawberries and ice cream tomorrow and enjoy that too. If you have crushed pineapple you could mix pineapple and brown sugar to make a topping.

No, no...she must freeze it. Than, that will give me enough time to fly over to Cally so that I can help her eat the cake :p

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Hello everyone!!!!

I went to the Long Island reptile show today...one table had "$100 any tortoise" they had a young redfoot, two female Russians, & two different species hingebacks. Other tables had $50 erosa hingebacks and there was a Speck's for $90 at another table. Also had baby stars for $1500, a sub adult Leopard for $400 and more Russians, Redfoots and Pancakes for about $150. There looked to be an Aldabra in a bin on the floor by one of the tables but no price listed, maybe it was just there to show off. Surprisingly, I'm not upset that I didn't get a tortoise today.

I was really interested in the female tomato frogs. They had great coloration. I'm kicking myself for not picking one up for $50. Everyone that walked past them said something like "I haven't seen tomatos that red in years." ::Kicking myself again::

My simpleton non reptile savvy dad was interested in the $10 cane/marine toads :p He said "you get one, I'll get one." Could have been a fun little guy to have too.

Anyone know any members of the NYTTS? I overheard two men talking about tortoises then looked and thought I recognized them. Did some research when I got home and it was Matt Hybel and some others. Looks like he had success with Burmese browns. Wish I would have said hello.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Seems like you had a few regrets and wishes. If you had no intentions of buying anything, then you shouldn't have any regrets. You had fun looking and seeing all different animals. I wish I could have gone. Next time, keep your eyes and wallet opened and you may just be surprised next time:D

Where's Cowboy? Is the sale really over now?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Another 80 degree day! Trees are in full bloom spewing their pollen so I'm glad I don't have allergies.

Car was covered in a yellow powder coat this morning. But at least the birds stopped pooping on my car. Buuut now it's covered in berries, black poop, and yellow pollen.

On a positive note, the regional manager at target (where I currently work) came through my check lane and said I was amazing to my leader/manager. Sooo I'm hoping for a raise or something *crossing fingers*

Sam's club here has hibiscus bush plants for $16 each so when I get paid I'm thinking I might have to get a few.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
pdrobber said:
Hello everyone!!!!

I went to the Long Island reptile show today...one table had "$100 any tortoise" they had a young redfoot, two female Russians, & two different species hingebacks. Other tables had $50 erosa hingebacks and there was a Speck's for $90 at another table. Also had baby stars for $1500, a sub adult Leopard for $400 and more Russians, Redfoots and Pancakes for about $150. There looked to be an Aldabra in a bin on the floor by one of the tables but no price listed, maybe it was just there to show off. Surprisingly, I'm not upset that I didn't get a tortoise today.

I was really interested in the female tomato frogs. They had great coloration. I'm kicking myself for not picking one up for $50. Everyone that walked past them said something like "I haven't seen tomatos that red in years." ::Kicking myself again::

My simpleton non reptile savvy dad was interested in the $10 cane/marine toads :p He said "you get one, I'll get one." Could have been a fun little guy to have too.

Anyone know any members of the NYTTS? I overheard two men talking about tortoises then looked and thought I recognized them. Did some research when I got home and it was Matt Hybel and some others. Looks like he had success with Burmese browns. Wish I would have said hello.

50 for Erosa? Even I would have come up with the money for a few of those. :(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
that would be so cool. Maybe a raise in the near future, a few bushes of hibiscus, 80 degrees outside. What could be better? I read your intro post, and of course I knew your baby's name is Rosie and that he's a cutie.

Status
Not open for further replies.