CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Chainsawkitten said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Chainsawkitten said:
Hi guys! :)

Life is good :)

Made it to Texas?

Made to Phoenix, thanks for asking :) how are you?

I knew it was hot where you were going. I'm good. Been having fun at my tortoises expense. Doesn't get muchbetter than that.

What if the “Hokey Pokey" is what it's all about?

Then, just put your left foot in.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Lol! I love the balloon on the tort :). I agree I think everyone went to bed

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
My tort were my entertainment today too.. :) I soaked them and had them in the yard for most of the day. My hermit crabs bit the dust, so the torts were avoiding that part of the enclosure :(

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Poor hermit crabs :(

It was cold and rainy once I finally got home tonight, no outside time for the boys. Tonight I'm fighting w/ins websites to get last years accounting for taxes...I don't like this part of being a grown up.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pugsandkids said:

It was cold and rainy once I finally got home tonight, no outside time for the boys. Tonight I'm fighting w/ins websites to get last years accounting for taxes...I don't like this part of being a grown up.

Sorry:(

I just saw a quote on Instagram that said "if there was no money we would all be rich". It made me try and imagine a world without money but there will always be something with a value high enough that someone else will want it so there will always be a form of currency.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, I didn't go to bed just yet. That was pretty scary Kerryann. I was never carjacked, or any other jacked. I think someone was stalking me once, and the feeling I was getting was not good. So, I called a friend and was picked up by car to get home. That was real scary. Anyway, I can picture Cowboy 's tort frolicking about with that balloon around his mid-section. What's everyone up to?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Omg, I somehow missed the post where Kerryann was carjacked! That sounds terrifying! I just don't know how I would act in a situation like that. I am a very cautious person and always take alternate routes home from the grocery store and have a quick circle route I take if I think ii am being followed. The Cheshire home invasion in CT really screwed me up and I have been very cautious ever since.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That was a horrible event in CT. It was one of the few home invasions that outraged me for a long time. To think that something so frightening could've happened to any one of us makes you want to dig a hole somewhere and secure your family from the world. It's that bad.
CtTortoiseMom said:
Omg, I somehow missed the post where Kerryann was carjacked! That sounds terrifying! I just don't know how I would act in a situation like that. I am a very cautious person and always take alternate routes home from the grocery store and have a quick circle route I take if I think ii am being followed. The Cheshire home invasion in CT really screwed me up and I have been very cautious ever since.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm watching reruns of “The Office" right now.

I was watching them too. I was watching the one where it comes out that Jim and Pam are dating and they try to get a form from Toby and he won't give it them. Too funny!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Look at me!! I can do the Hokey Pokey:

1913818jgu2nyqj6m.gif

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
That shall forever be my mental picture of you. Thanks for the laugh.

I meant to say that is exactly how I pictured you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good Morning TFO!!

Wow Yvonne, you still have the moves! :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Well, I didn't go to bed just yet. That was pretty scary Kerryann. I was never carjacked, or any other jacked. I think someone was stalking me once, and the feeling I was getting was not good. So, I called a friend and was picked up by car to get home. That was real scary. Anyway, I can picture Cowboy 's tort frolicking about with that balloon around his mid-section. What's everyone up to?

CtTortoiseMom said:

Yah it was when I first started college back in 92. I had been at college for about a week and I had taken my old beater to school with me. I lived on campus at Wayne State in downtown detroit. After graduation I bought a really nice iroc z. I saved up all of my money from working through high school and I think I paid like 7k for it which was a lot of money for me at that time. Anyway, I had a job up near where I live now coaching high school debate (which paid like 300 a week.. woo hoo big money back then to me anyway). I went home and drove the car down and my plan was to park it in the university structure for the week while my step dad found me a 500 dollar beater.. Well I never made it back to school. I went down 75 and got off on woodward. I had my doors locked and my windows up but my t tops off. A man walked up with a gun and yanked me out of the car at a stop light. Almost as scary as that incident was having to stand outside of this burger king that wouldn't let me in at 2 am. I called the police from the pay phone and had to stand out there and wait for over 20 minutes for them to show up.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Kerryann said:
sibi said:

CtTortoiseMom said:

Yah it was when I first started college back in 92. I had been at college for about a week and I had taken my old beater to school with me. I lived on campus at Wayne State in downtown detroit. After graduation I bought a really nice iroc z. I saved up all of my money from working through high school and I think I paid like 7k for it which was a lot of money for me at that time. Anyway, I had a job up near where I live now coaching high school debate (which paid like 300 a week.. woo hoo big money back then to me anyway). I went home and drove the car down and my plan was to park it in the university structure for the week while my step dad found me a 500 dollar beater.. Well I never made it back to school. I went down 75 and got off on woodward. I had my doors locked and my windows up but my t tops off. A man walked up with a gun and yanked me out of the car at a stop light. Almost as scary as that incident was having to stand outside of this burger king that wouldn't let me in at 2 am. I called the police from the pay phone and had to stand out there and wait for over 20 minutes for them to show up.

Holy crap Batman! That's scary stuff! I'm glad you are ok!! If someone did that to me the outcome would be much different ;) it would be a show down because they would have a 357 in their face. Yes, it's still the Wild West in AZ :)

pugsandkids said:

It's ok, I felt bad for the hermies, I got them from petco, so I didn't have real high expectations for them to live as long as they did anyway. Oh well, earthworms it is for the clean up crew ;)

Good morning everyone :)

emysemys said:
Look at me!! I can do the Hokey Pokey:

1913818jgu2nyqj6m.gif

Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.