Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
I'm still here! Busy preparing for my honeymoon...I'm closing down my company for more than two weeks. Scary!

Tomorrow I hand over the house key to the lady that's going to be calling in to look after Emrys whilst I'm away. Leaving him for two weeks terrifies me, but I know he's in good hands. I've stocked the fridge up with LOADS of fresh greens and by next week the garden will be full of dandelions again...going to miss him a lot!

Everyone got the amazing sunshine that we've got here?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Hey Mrs. C. ,
How/where you been?

Fine! A drive by posting. I see how you are.

Sorry, I didn't see this I was going through the other threads. My inlaws were here for the past week and it was a busy week of parades and my eldest had her play and my 6 year old had the world's longest violin recital in the hottest auditorium, and So now i am just recovering! Plus our contractor officially finished the kitchen and started on the living room and I had to fire the electrician for going $2,000 over his kitchen estimate and i need a new one, So lots of not very fun stuff :(.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Gotta love when budgets fall through...

I found some doggie bully treats/toys on clearance today at work. Spent $10 on about $35 of stuff.

Right now I feel like a Midwesterner because I'm making a casserole for dinner with hash browns and cheddar. No offense to Midwesterners (my mom was born/raised there).

I bought flowers to plant in my mailbox area and as I'm standing in the checkout it starts getting stormy. I set the plants out there to get a free watering but will plant them tomorrow or the next day I suppose.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
CtTortoiseMom said:
Plus our contractor officially finished the kitchen and started on the living room and I had to fire the electrician for going $2,000 over his kitchen estimate and i need a new one, So lots of not very fun stuff :(.

How did you originally find your contractors? Did you electrician give you any indication he was going over or was it just a surprise?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jaizei said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Plus our contractor officially finished the kitchen and started on the living room and I had to fire the electrician for going $2,000 over his kitchen estimate and i need a new one, So lots of not very fun stuff :(.

How did you originally find your contractors? Did you electrician give you any indication he was going over or was it just a surprise?

The electrician has been our electrician for years, with no problems. So we decided to go based off of rough quotes with listed minimum's & max amounts based on each job. He finished the kitchen and back deck and was paid. He told us there were a few overages due to issues he ran into and ended that he would send us a bill via email, he ended up re-submitting the original quote to us as a bill with different numbers on it. It was our mistake not signing a contract based on the amount of work needed. So we disputed some charges, paid him and told him that he will not be needed for the rest of the job's he quoted. I am always willing to pay more if the person basically a decent human. I really liked him for the simple fact that I knew my family and I were in no danger from him. Oh well.

CtTortoiseMom said:
jaizei said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

The electrician has been our electrician for years, with no problems. So we decided to go based off of rough quotes with listed minimum's & max amounts based on each job. He finished the kitchen and back deck and was paid. He told us there were a few overages due to issues he ran into and ended that he would send us a bill via email, he ended up re-submitting the original quote to us as a bill with different numbers on it. It was our mistake not signing a contract based on the amount of work needed. So we disputed some charges, paid him and told him that he will not be needed for the rest of the job's he quoted. I am always willing to pay more if the person basically a decent human. I really liked him for the simple fact that I knew my family and I were in no danger from him. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and it was a complete surprise when we got his "overages" we were thinking 2-500 more max and it was like $2250!!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I suppose I am naive, but I think it's embarrassing having to go back and ask for more money after the job is done if a quote was given. I can't imagine doing it myself.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jaizei said:
I suppose I am naive, but I think it's embarrassing having to go back and ask for more money after the job is done if a quote was given. I can't imagine doing it myself.

You are hired!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RosieRedfoot said:
Right now I feel like a Midwesterner because I'm making a casserole for dinner with hash browns and cheddar. No offense to Midwesterners (my mom was born/raised there).

I thought in the mid-west casseroles were called hot dish.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Gotta love when budgets fall through...

I found some doggie bully treats/toys on clearance today at work. Spent $10 on about $35 of stuff.

I bought flowers to plant in my mailbox area and as I'm standing in the checkout it starts getting stormy. I set the plants out there to get a free watering but will plant them tomorrow or the next day I suppose.

I am a midwesterner and I made tofu squares with veggies for dinner :D

Yvonne G said:
RosieRedfoot said:

I thought in the mid-west casseroles were called hot dish.

I have never heard that. Casseroles are those things that go between delicious and disgusting very easily. They always have components that can to go soggy if not cooked right. Now this has me thinking that I never make veggy casseroles. I will have to think of something fun. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
So my two year old is at that super fun age where he lay's on his face crying when he doesn't get his way. But, he will not compromise his own comfort for the sake of a tantrum and will run to the nearest rug instead of laying on the hard floor....
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1370482250.897956.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1370482268.311071.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1370482305.366898.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
So my two year old is at that super fun age where he lay's on his face crying when he doesn't get his way. But, he will not compromise his own comfort for the sake of a tantrum and will run to the nearest rug instead of laying on the hard floor....

Awww but he's so cute :D
I am sorry about your contractor. :(
My inlaws will be in town this weekend. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

Awww but he's so cute :D
I am sorry about your contractor. My inlaws will be in town this weekend. :D
Thanks:) & them's the breaks I guess... just to be clear in case my contracter ever happened to be on pretend chat on TFO... My contracter is awesome and still working away. Hi Jason :). My electrician is who I let go.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Erin, you boy is too cute. And he's smart to use the rug to throw a tantrum. Too funny;-)

My hubby went on a business trip to New Orleans. I couldn't go with him because there's no one to take care of my sullies. He tells me that the food here is as good as the food we had in Israel. Man, I've got to find a tort-sitter! Next time he leaves town, I want to go with him.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
My vet drops her baby tort off here when she leaves town. She's lucky. You should be as well. Nice to see you on.

And I sent you an email today, so it's nice to see you surface on the forum.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Erin, you boy is too cute. And he's smart to use the rug to throw a tantrum. Too funny;-)

My hubby went on a business trip to New Orleans. I couldn't go with him because there's no one to take care of my sullies. He tells me that the food here is as good as the food we had in Israel. Man, I've got to find a tort-sitter! Next time he leaves town, I want to go with him.

Oh you do for sure. Mikey and I try to do our business trips together and it makes them more fun. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, I just learned about Andrea. So now I shall cut you some slack. Did you lose power at all?

Today I finished the “newest" sulcata pen. I've yet to add any furniture yet other than some shades/hides. Now, Fred seems small. Great, I'll have to post the picture later as it seems I'm unable to do so now. It's an oddball shape, but the shortest “side" is 40'.

Correction; 32'

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
ImageUploadedByTortForum1370554217.031156.jpg
I like how this makes my barn look like its falling over or built at an angle.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep ,looks like you didn't use a level on your barn .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:

I got some Israeli olives that were all natural and no preservatives tonight Sibi. I thought of you as I was buying them. They were so much better tasting than standard green olives. They had more flavor. I thought I was crazy so I said nothing to Mikey and had him try them and he was like oh these are good. :D

mike taylor said:

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Or on the fence :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
mike taylor said:

When I walk down to the bottom of our property, we live on a gentle slope. Coming back up to the house, we live on a freakin hillside.

Status
Not open for further replies.