pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I'm going out bright & early, before school starts, to comb the woods and underbrush for some good pics of Eastern Boxies in their natural habitat. If their are any SNAKES here on the forum--PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE, TELL YOUR FRIENDS NOT TO BITE ME--THANKS!!! :p

**I mean "there" not "their"... ARGH! IF ANY OF MY STUDENTS SAW THAT THEY'D BE ALL OVER ME!!! ;)

AnthonyC said:
I'm going out bright & early, before school starts, to comb the woods and underbrush for some good pics of Eastern Boxies in their natural habitat. If their are any SNAKES here on the forum--PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE, TELL YOUR FRIENDS NOT TO BITE ME--THANKS!!! :p

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
I forgot it's Friday! I'm thinking about selling my rose hair tarantula for an Asian forest scorpion. Sound good?

Happy 25 minute 25th page everybody!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
**I mean "there" not "their"... ARGH! IF ANY OF MY STUDENTS SAW THAT THEY'D BE ALL OVER ME!!! ;)

:D Just makes you human. :D:D It's funny I was thinking yesterday, if must be hard being an English teacher in here and seeing all our spelling and punctuation mistakes (especially mine :p) .

TurtleTortoise said:
I forgot it's Friday! I'm thinking about selling my rose hair tarantula for an Asian forest scorpion. Sound good?

Not into scorpions, but I love the rose hairs. I saw stick with what you have. ;) Why are you wanting to change?

FranklinTturtle said:
Good Morning -All.
Morning!!

CtTortoiseMom said:
Happy Friday all:D

I hope you have a fabulous Friday yourself! :D

Torty Mom said:
Just to set the record straight.......it may not seem like it, but.... I really am potty trained, really. :p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
Good Morning Jacqui- This is your 1st full day in your new year. Happy 1st day.

Now that is an interesting way to look at it and one I never had. Thank you.

It's Labor day weekend, which for many means a three day off from work mini vacation. Do you have any plans for this weekend?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
I am going to be working on Franklin T. new set up.

That's right, you mentioned it yesterday. Before you start how much money and how much time do you think it will take you to do it?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
I have already got the building. So I am hoping to keep it within a $300.00 budget. I also hope to have it completed by Sunday.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
I have already got the building. So I am hoping to keep it within a $300.00 budget. I also hope to have it completed by Sunday.

Okay, now be sure to sorta keep track of how much time and money you actually spend. The reason for this is because I think often new folks don't realize the time and money that goes into making some of these enclosures, so they fail to preplan correctly. Also are you going to take before pictures too, so we can compare?

M

Maggie Cummings

It cost $800 to finish off the inside only of Bob's shed. That's labor, insulation and plywood. I've been thinking maybe I got took...But let's see if you can carry it off for $300

Jacqui...He's pretty soft. I've had him for about 8 months and he's not getting any harder. His plastron is soft and so is the sides of his carapace. The Vet keeps saying these things take time. But I thought he'd be better by now...He's eating and active, but I have discovered that doesn't mean much...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
Jacqui...He's pretty soft. I've had him for about 8 months and he's not getting any harder. His plastron is soft and so is the sides of his carapace. The Vet keeps saying these things take time. But I thought he'd be better by now...He's eating and active, but I have discovered that doesn't mean much...

:( but at the same time, the eating and being active will help get the calcium moving throughout his system and hopefully start doing some good. I know others disagree, but I really think there are times when your dealing with what in humans we call "a failure to thrive" baby that no matter what you do, it's only going to maintain until it finally has the day it's systems start to shut down. Hope this little guy pulls out. He looks like a real sweet guy full of personality.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
maggie3fan said:
It cost $800 to finish off the inside only of Bob's shed. That's labor, insulation and plywood. I've been thinking maybe I got took...But let's see if you can carry it off for $300

Hey Maggie
Franklin's shed is only going to be a 7' x 7' Tubberware box. lol (paid for)
Luckly I don't have to pay for labor. But, I might wish I did in the long run. I am going to keep a running total on what I spend. I always guess low. I took some pictures but I am going to get my daughter to show me how merger them tonight. But, the building has not been modified yet.
I had to pay the air conditioner guy a few months ago and I felt cheated. [/i]

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Speaking of spending on tortoises… I took Sid back to the vet for his check up and his surgery site is doing great, there is some swelling of the tissue around where I was flushing that look's like a reaction to the betadine or Granulex so he is going to take Baytril and an antiinflamitory for the next 2 weeks and then he should be in the clear. At this point I have spent $1,010.00 on vet care in the last 2 week's on my Sid.

The bright side is he is getting better and I have learned some great lesson's on cleaning wound's, how to keep a big tortoises head out, and how to hide pill's in strawberries. Sid is just the sweetest soul and just want's to bask and graze and not be sick!

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
I am glad to hear that Sid is improving. I hate that he was sick. But I am glad he got a great parent like you.

Franklin house- I am up to $85.00 dollars for a window and of course he had to have shutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.