Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
What is your favorite thing about where you live? Maybe something that makes your specific geographical location unique. Or just a reason why you really like it.
There are just so many reasons I love Nebraska. The weather gives you a taste of everything. We have true seasons with golden leaves and huge flocks of geese coming thru in the fall. You can go outside on a crisp fall night and smell the wood burning in nearby stoves. With winter we have pure white snow that blankets the ground in purity. The trees get flocked and icicles twinkle from roof gutters. But we don't get buried under huge drifts of snow. Spring brings the robins back and the crocuses heard spring by peaking out of the snow. Then all the flowers seem to burst forth in a joyful riot of spring time color. Summers are the type of front porch sitting watching the world go by. Summer means stealing a ripe watermelon from your own patch or tubing in the river.

In my area of Nebraska, a traffic jam means there was a tractor on the road ahead of you. Neighbors still watch out for you and your home. Children can go to the park by themselves, even at night. Most cars and vehicles are never known to be locked. Cats and dogs can sleep in the middle of Main street and not get run over.

In the fall, towns become ghost towns as the entire town turns out for the local football game. Strangers passing you on the road still wave, If your broken down, they stop to see if they can be of help. And you feel safe taking their help.

For me it's being able to walk out my front door and stare spellbound at the vastness of the sky. At night the stars are bold and twinkling waiting for you to cast your wishes upon them. The lonesome sound of the train, still can stir the coyotes to join in. The nightly chorus of bugs and frogs can relax you to sleep.

Water is still pumped out of the ground and drank just as it is.

Nebraska is home, it's were generations of my family have been born, raised, and died. The soil is fertile for both crops and people, it's soft enough to allow your roots to take hold and grow deep, yet strong enough to weather whatever life throws your way.

Nebraska is the good life. :)

First of all Jacqui…. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:D:D:D:D
2nd of all... You should sell what you just wrote to your chamber of commerce because it made me want to move to Nebraska!! Wow!
shoot outa time BBL

:D Thank you for the birthday wishes and the sweet words. Now do you all understand some of why I would not move to CA, even tho then I could have DTs?

Yvonne, how is Mister doing today?:tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mr. has finally come out of the dog house. I haven't seen him eat, but I don't stand there for very long watching him. I moved the dog house (actually its the top half of a large dog crate , so there is no floor) and he has a pretty nice burrow started.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Momof4 said:
Page 22 already? You guys are having to much fun!

We are and would have even more fun, if you would join us!!

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Nebraska sounds great. Do they have jobs?

Happy Birthday!!!! Birthday girl -Jacqui. I hope you get everything you want.

Happy Birthday!!!! Birthday girl -Jacqui. I hope you get everything you want.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Mr. has finally come out of the dog house. I haven't seen him eat, but I don't stand there for very long watching him. I moved the dog house (actually its the top half of a large dog crate , so there is no floor) and he has a pretty nice burrow started.

So he is starting to adjust. :)

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
well i think I am slowly having to stop doing the chat thing. wont be home to often. BYE!

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
I am very excited! I have cleaned out Franklin T. permanent home. I am getting ready to start modifying it. Also, I have his pig blanket on order.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
I am very excited! I have cleaned out Franklin T. permanent home. I am getting ready to start modifying it. Also, I have his pig blanket on order.

Sounds like you have a productive day! How are you planning to modify it?

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
The walls need to be insulated and some electrical work done. Also, I need to put a window in for some natural lighting. I will post photo's when I get done.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FranklinTturtle said:
The walls need to be insulated and some electrical work done. Also, I need to put a window in for some natural lighting. I will post photo's when I get done.

I hope so. I for one really enjoy seeing how others have fixed their enclosures.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Jacqui said:
FranklinTturtle said:

I hope so. I for one really enjoy seeing how others have fixed their enclosures.
It is probably going to look bad. Ghetto style.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
FranklinTturtle said:
It is probably going to look bad. Ghetto style.

You mean you're going to spray graffiti all over it? :p

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Question... Is it wrong to be an English teacher and thing that Shakespeare is overrated? Happy B-day Jacqui. :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
AnthonyC said:
Question... Is it wrong to be an English teacher and thing that Shakespeare is overrated? Happy B-day Jacqui. :)

Is it wrong to admit to an English teacher that you think Shakespeare is overrated? Seems a bit dangerous!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
"To be or not to be".... alright already we get it, we get it!!! ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:

Thank you for the birthday wishes. As to is it wrong, I don't think honesty is ever wrong. I never liked Shakespeare myself. :rolleyes:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I have an ear/sinus infection. I'm 42yrs old. Why? I had my 1st one ever when I was camping 20yrs ago! It is not fun! I know why my kids get so cranky! My Dr office was full today so I went to the CVS Minute Clinic. Love it! Took my 5 yr old there yesterday for an infected finger.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Momof4 said:
I have an ear/sinus infection. I'm 42yrs old. Why? I had my 1st one ever when I was camping 20yrs ago! It is not fun! I know why my kids get so cranky! My Dr office was full today so I went to the CVS Minute Clinic. Love it! Took my 5 yr old there yesterday for an infected finger.

That stink's!! Poor you!! Ear infections are the worst!!! I hope the antibiotics work fast!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Momof4 said:

I have never had one, nor have any of my children. They sure sound like they would be no fun. Hope you get over that childishness really quickly. :p :D Perhaps your getting them because your still so young at heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.