pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
...fantasy football draft just ended.... 26 grueling rounds!

M

Maggie Cummings

Torty Mom said:
Just to set the record straight.......it may not seem like it, but.... I really am potty trained, really. :p

I am so slow...it took me 2 days to realize what you meant! hahah However, when you say you laughed so hard you almost peed your pants it makes me laugh, every time...too funny

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Another benefit to having tortoises... THEY DON'T BARK @ 4:30AM!!! But I love my pups anyway! :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am drinking a latte and still am exhausted!! All 3 kid's were up by 1am with high fever's. As soon as I would give one motrin and get them settled the other's would need something, ugh!! Darn back to school germ's!! Good Morning, I hope this find's you all healthy!!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hey Erin. Funny you mention your kids being sick. I had a total of 11 students out sick on the 1st 2 days of school. Not sure if it is b/c of Irene or if there is just a bug going around the northeast.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am a member of the CDC ( yes I really am that nerdy) and I got an email alert that there is already cases of swine flu showing up in Pennsylvania and Indiana!! Weird!!

I am supposed to take my eldest to see Wicked tomorrow!! I really hope she is better for that!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Anyone going to the herp show in Anaheim today ?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
I am drinking a latte and still am exhausted!! All 3 kid's were up by 1am with high fever's. As soon as I would give one motrin and get them settled the other's would need something, ugh!! Darn back to school germ's!! Good Morning, I hope this find's you all healthy!!

:( Sorry to hear that. Atleast they should be healthy in time for school on Tuesday. :D How are you feeling other then tired?

CtTortoiseMom said:
Speaking of spending on tortoises… I took Sid back to the vet for his check up and his surgery site is doing great, there is some swelling of the tissue around where I was flushing that look's like a reaction to the betadine or Granulex so he is going to take Baytril and an antiinflamitory for the next 2 weeks and then he should be in the clear. At this point I have spent $1,010.00 on vet care in the last 2 week's on my Sid.

The bright side is he is getting better and I have learned some great lesson's on cleaning wound's, how to keep a big tortoises head out, and how to hide pill's in strawberries. Sid is just the sweetest soul and just want's to bask and graze and not be sick!

Meant to say something yesterday about this...
This is fantastic! I am glad you commented on how much this has cost you. Folks need to keep in mind that there can be Vet bills and they add up very quickly.

N2TORTS said:
Anyone going to the herp show in Anaheim today ?
Wish I were, but am not. :(

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
CtTortoiseMom said:
My 7th grader came home Wednesday barfing his self right into next week. He missed 2 days of school this week. His fever never went over 101. Gotta love those germs. Try working there.......... sometimes it's scary....... coughing, sneezing, boogers, lice, rashes...oh my!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Torty Mom said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
My 7th grader came home Wednesday barfing his self right into next week. He missed 2 days of school this week. His fever never went over 101. Gotta love those germs. Try working there.......... sometimes it's scary....... coughing, sneezing, boogers, lice, rashes...oh my!!!
Oh no!! I am so sorry!! Poor kid. You and I both have 7th graders :) Mine all have a croupy cough this morning!! If they throw up I will too:(. I alway's get the stomach bug's they bring home!! I hope he has a speedy recovery!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thank you Erin, I hope your kiddos get better soon, it's always harder on Mom and the little ones. Hang in there, my son Evan got better pretty fast!! I think it was about 36 hours. He started at 3 am.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Torty Mom said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

You guys are starting to make me glad my kids are all in college or above. :( What a horrible way to start the school year out.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Off to the LA county fair, 1 dollar to get in the first day.

M

Maggie Cummings

I LOVE to go to the fair. I have so much fun eating my way thru. Eating all the stuff we're not supposed to eat...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Today is our County Fair too. $15 for adults to get in...$5 off for senior, and if you belong to the herp club $5 more off. What a difference from $1. Ah...New York!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Should I say our county fair is free on all the days? :D :p ...and no parking charge either. :cool:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
No parking at all...find your own spot. The fair is held in Historic Richmond Town, and it's all closed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.