pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I just got home from eating @ Outback. There is a Petco right next to it so I stopped in. They had a Russian Tortoise there. Other than the fact that the enclosure was too small they looked like they had it set up pretty nicely (hide, water dish, food dish, red heat light (I know you hate those, Tom), coco coir, thermometer, and it looked as though someone recently misted the enclosure b/c there was light water running down the glass). Couldn't tell you if they had a UVB bulb over it though. I spoke briefly w/the woman working that area and she was pretty knowledgeable. Just hope he/she finds a nice home w/a loving owner.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
maggie3fan said:
Torty Mom said:
Jacqui said:
Torty Mom said:
Anyone watching the race?

Lisa and I have a bet. Loser buys lunch.... She wants Edwards I want Keselowski. Looks like lunch is going to be on me :p I don't even like racing! UGH!
:D If I asked, "what kind of racing?" would that give you a clue?
Blahhahhahahaaa I'm right there with ya! Except I am seriously out numbered by race fans, so I pretend to be interested. If any of you tell Lisa or my husband, big trouble coming your way! I was just trying to get a free lunch!!
Kyle Busch in the 18 car...
WHAT !?!?!?!?! Oh no you didn't!!!!!! :p You must have mistyped!!! :p Kyle.....seriously....... Maggie......I am speachless..... :p

M

Maggie Cummings

Torty Mom said:
maggie3fan said:
Torty Mom said:
Jacqui said:
Torty Mom said:
Anyone watching the race?

Lisa and I have a bet. Loser buys lunch.... She wants Edwards I want Keselowski. Looks like lunch is going to be on me :p I don't even like racing! UGH!
:D If I asked, "what kind of racing?" would that give you a clue?
Blahhahhahahaaa I'm right there with ya! Except I am seriously out numbered by race fans, so I pretend to be interested. If any of you tell Lisa or my husband, big trouble coming your way! I was just trying to get a free lunch!!
Kyle Busch in the 18 car...
WHAT !?!?!?!?! Oh no you didn't!!!!!! :p You must have mistyped!!! :p Kyle.....seriously....... Maggie......I am speachless..... :p

He is a talented aggressive driver who can bump draft without wrecking the guy he bumps. I like the way he drives, he's impatient and pushy and drives like me actually...:p...I like him because so many people dislike him and he doesn't care. I so love the disrespectful bow he gives when he wins and gets boo'ed

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Torty Mom said:
Tacos for dinner........YUMMY in my TUMMY!!!!

Glad to see you're feeling better. I LOVE home made tacos.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Yvonne, I am feeling ALOT better!! We cried together for a few minutes and I told her we would talk about it another day.

So, what is Mister's story and do you have any pictures?

Well, I lost the bet, Edwards won the race, looks like I am buying lunch! Dang it!!!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Ya know I haven't seen any pictures of ALDABRAMAN but I kinda picture him looking like Clint Eastwood... Just a thought!! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Ya know I haven't seen any pictures of ALDABRAMAN but I kinda picture him looking like Clint Eastwood... Just a thought!! :D

I think if you went and looked at some of his old posts you will see a picture of him down on the ground with one of his aldabra. ;)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I don't want to ruin it! I like not knowing what people look like and imagining that they look like stars... Know what I'm sayin' Jacqui Kennedy Onassis?!? ;)

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

I think if you went and looked at some of his old posts you will see a picture of him down on the ground with one of his aldabra. ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D :D Not even!! More like Jackie Gleason :D :D

AnthonyC said:
I don't want to ruin it! I like not knowing what people look like and imagining that they look like stars... Know what I'm sayin' Jacqui Kennedy Onassis?!? ;)

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
HAHAHAHA!!!! C'monnnnn! Pffffft! :):):)

Jacqui said:
:D :D Not even!! More like Jackie Gleason :D :D

AnthonyC said:

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Torty Mom said:
So, what is Mister's story and do you have any pictures?

These folks were driving through the desert, coming home to Fresno from Nevada and rescued a small tortoise from the middle of the highway. The tortoise was about the size of a hand without the fingers, so I guess around 5 years old. This was in 1978. They had him all these years in their back yard. There was plenty of grass for the tortoise to eat, however, the lady fed him every day, veggies and greens...broccoli, zucchini, romaine, etc. His beak is a little overgrown from not having to graze.

The lady's husband died last year, and now she has had debilitating surgery and has been warned by her children not to go down the stairs into the back yard anymore for safety sake, unless she has someone with her (she lives alone). So she tearfully had to give Mr. up. In the week that I've had him she has called to check on his status twice.

8-24-11deserttortoiserescue-2.jpg

8-24-11deserttortoiserescue-1.jpg

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Awww, Yvonne he is handsome. I saved the pictures and sent them to Lisa's phone. Lisa did ask me if she should get another tortie and I told we had already had a plan B in place. That made her smile. She is on alot of meds, so we will talk more about it in a few days. Thanks for posting the pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.