Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
Jacqui said:
terryo said:
Fall...damn! Today only one boxie came over to eat. They are slowing down now. The inside boxies don't have a clue as to what's going on and are still eating away. All but a few flowers are starting to get leggy and brownish. I hate this time of year.....on a happier note..........my sister is giveing me a baby box turtle from Chris Leone (HermanniChris) for my birthday. Very high color it looks like. I can't wait...should come Wed. Something to play with while everyone else is hibernating.

My kind of gift! Can't wait to see pictures of it. :D

FranklinTturtle said:
My neighbor is grilling steak. I am so jealous!!!!

Bet that smells yummy!!!!

You should have to send a memo to each of your neighbor if you decide to grill. That should be law. lol

TurtleTortoise said:

Pizza is good to.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just about every weekend over at our park (we live diagonally from it) the bar owner and her friends/family our out using the city's smoker. It smells so delicious and mouth watering. :rolleyes:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kristina said:
I am gonna go home and make French Onion soup.

I cut up like half an onion, and caramelize it in real butter. Then I add a splash of cooking sherry because it enhances the sweetness of the onion and brings all the bubbly little bits up off the bottom of the pan. Then a couple splashed of heavy cream, let it reduce on medium heat for about two minutes. Add a cup and a half of au jus, let simmer on medium for 3-5 minutes and you have just made fantastic French Onion.

Toast a piece of dense bread, toss it on top of the bowl. Put on a piece of muenster cheese, sprinkle with paprika and toast until bubbly under the broiler in your oven. You can use a torch too. I like to do it that way in the summer so I don't make the house all hot with the oven.

I rarely give up my secrets so consider yourselves lucky :p
Whoa yum!! Adding Muenster cheese to my grocery list!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
:( I don't feel good, I feel like crud. I think I'm getting sick. My throat hurts, and I have a runny nose...... whaaaaaaaa

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Torty Mom said:
:( I don't feel good, I feel like crud. I think I'm getting sick. My throat hurts, and I have a runny nose...... whaaaaaaaa

Oh no! I am sorry :(. My throat hurt's too!! I took my daughter to see Wicked today and I felt like I was in lala land the whole time! Thank goodness it is a 3 day weekend!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
CtTortoiseMom said:
Torty Mom said:

Oh no! I am sorry :(. My throat hurt's too!! I took my daughter to see Wicked today and I felt like I was in lala land the whole time! Thank goodness it is a 3 day weekend!
Maybe we are getting a variation of what our kids had. How are your kiddos by the way, did the crud pass thru pretty fast?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Torty Mom said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Torty Mom said:

Maybe we are getting a variation of what our kids had. How are your kiddos by the way, did the crud pass thru pretty fast?
Funny that you ask. Rob and I thought the worst was over and we put the kid's down without any medicine. At 9pm on the dot my 5 year old woke up coughing uncontrollably so I had to get the nebulizer out and the motrin. Then while she was doing her breathing treatment my one year old woke up and felt super hot so I gave hime motrin and my 12 year old just called me for meds and a wet wash cloth for her head. Now everyone is back down and I am hiding on the other side of the house!!

CtTortoiseMom said:
Torty Mom said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Torty Mom said:

How is your son?
Funny that you ask. Rob and I thought the worst was over and we put the kid's down without any medicine. At 9pm on the dot my 5 year old woke up coughing uncontrollably so I had to get the nebulizer out and the motrin. Then while she was doing her breathing treatment my one year old woke up and felt super hot so I gave hime motrin and my 12 year old just called me for meds and a wet wash cloth for her head. Now everyone is back down and I am hiding on the other side of the house!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
OH NO!!! Erin, I am so sorry. I was hoping it was over!! Yikes! Do you take care of grown up girls too? I have boys, no one wants to take care of Mom!! I need motrin and a wet wash cloth!!!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I woke up w/a sore throat too, but I think it was from laughing so hard last night. My little nephew slept over {7yrs old}, and he LOVES my baby Sullies. He has already asked me, "Uncle Anthony when you die can I have your 'turtles'?" Apparently, when he's home, he keeps driving my brother bonkers asking him if he can come over to my house to see the 'turtles'. Anyway... he comes over last night & he doesn't even mention anything about them, so I become suspicious. I ask him what's up & he tells me that he's afraid of them now. Well what happened is that my brother told him that they're poisonous, and if they bit him he'd slowly grow a "shell" on his back!!! Sooo.... of course I see this as a perfect opportunity for some tom-foolery (sorry I LOVE that word!). He just started to lay down for the night and I'm in the next room and I let out a scream. I come staggering into his room with a pillow stuffed down the back of my shirt, all hunched over, yelling "IT BIT MEEE!!!!" He looks at me, eyes as wide as ALDABRAMAN'S tortoises, and screams all the way down the hall & into the bathroom! It took me 10mins to talk him out of there. Yes, yes, yes... I know it was cruel, and he probably had nightmares about carnivorous turtle-men, but I couldn't resist. This morning I will slowly reintroduce him to the babies and explain to him the difference between torts & turts.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Good morning all. I have got my 7 year old this morning he watches the animal plant all day. I can't stand to see animals killing each other. I also really hate seeing that poeple have been cruel to animals. So, I will be excited to see tomorrow come. Come on tuesday.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Animals killing each other in the terms of lion eating the antelope, etc, has never and will never bother me. That is the law of the wild, plain and simple.

However, things such as **** fighting and dog fighting, I agree with you. It is just sick sick sick how little HUMANITY that humans have. I will never understand deriving pleasure from another living thing's pain. In a lot of ways, the people that neglect their animals are worse. It isn't that they are getting something from it, they just flat out don't CARE.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Kristina said:
Animals killing each other in the terms of lion eating the antelope, etc, has never and will never bother me. That is the law of the wild, plain and simple.

However, things such as **** fighting and dog fighting, I agree with you. It is just sick sick sick how little HUMANITY that humans have. I will never understand deriving pleasure from another living thing's pain. In a lot of ways, the people that neglect their animals are worse. It isn't that they are getting something from it, they just flat out don't CARE.
I know it part of nature. That why I let him watch it. He loves it and I can't stand it. I am to tender hearted.
The human abuse of animals is dispictable to me. I would hate to answer to god for doing something like that.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Now Mason has gone outside and took Franklin and set him in the middle of the yard. Poor Franklin he is a late sleeper. He will be glad to see Mason go back to school tomorrow. What a day I have to look forward to. Maybe I will take him to the movie.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Good Morning from dark and rainy CT.

Good Morning -maybe the sun will come out soon.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
AnthonyC said:
I woke up w/a sore throat too, but I think it was from laughing so hard last night. My little nephew slept over {7yrs old}, and he LOVES my baby Sullies. He has already asked me, "Uncle Anthony when you die can I have your 'turtles'?" Apparently, when he's home, he keeps driving my brother bonkers asking him if he can come over to my house to see the 'turtles'. Anyway... he comes over last night & he doesn't even mention anything about them, so I become suspicious. I ask him what's up & he tells me that he's afraid of them now. Well what happened is that my brother told him that they're poisonous, and if they bit him he'd slowly grow a "shell" on his back!!! Sooo.... of course I see this as a perfect opportunity for some tom-foolery (sorry I LOVE that word!). He just started to lay down for the night and I'm in the next room and I let out a scream. I come staggering into his room with a pillow stuffed down the back of my shirt, all hunched over, yelling "IT BIT MEEE!!!!" He looks at me, eyes as wide as ALDABRAMAN'S tortoises, and screams all the way down the hall & into the bathroom! It took me 10mins to talk him out of there. Yes, yes, yes... I know it was cruel, and he probably had nightmares about carnivorous turtle-men, but I couldn't resist. This morning I will slowly reintroduce him to the babies and explain to him the difference between torts & turts.

You are a stinker, seriously funny, but a stinker!!! You are soooooooooo lucky that = 1. He didn't sleep with you the entire night. 2. He didn't wet the bed, your bed 3. Keep you up the entire night!!!!

No doubt you are the "Cool" uncle and he still loves you!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:

Yeah it may be mean, but darn it sure was fun to read about. I would have been doing something to the Dad not the kid however. Darn him for telling such a young child something so bad.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
AnthonyC said:
I have a feeling "Uncle Anthony" may come up in a future therapy session! I would've thought having my own shell was cool when I was 7. I guess that was a sign even back then of what was to come:)

Okay you may disagree as many do but here is the sandwich in the whole world and I am making it right now!!!!! Erin's Vermont Chicken salad sandwich...
Chicken, mayo, celery, thinly sliced granny smith apple & chopped walnuts mixed together. Slap that wonderfulness on toasted 12 grain bread add 1 slice of vermont cheddar cheese and try not to drool while eating. It's rude!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We had rain last night! It was such a surprise. Now everything is clean and it smells fresh out.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Okay you may disagree as many do but here is the sandwich in the whole world and I am making it right now!!!!! Erin's Vermont Chicken salad sandwich...
Chicken, mayo, celery, thinly sliced granny smith apple & chopped walnuts mixed together. Slap that wonderfulness on toasted 12 grain bread add 1 slice of vermont cheddar cheese and try not to drool while eating. It's rude!

I am starting to think this thread needs a warning label about reading this thread may lead to mass hunger and the intake of calories.:D

Momof4 said:
We had rain last night! It was such a surprise. Now everything is clean and it smells fresh out.

I love the fresh rainy smell and how everything greens up (especially in the spring). :tort:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It's raining, it's pouring, Rob's laying on the couch, snoring. This is sooo boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.