Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Friday? Friday!! I have class tonight from 4-9PM & then again tomorrow from 8AM-2PM... I feel like Charlie Brown when he got the friggin' rock on Halloween! ;)

What kind of classes?

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
It is a happy Friday, all done for the week, and most importantly I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE this weekend. Woot woot!!

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Edna said:
It is a happy Friday, all done for the week, and most importantly I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE this weekend. Woot woot!!

same here.

I can just NOT keep up with this thread. too hard.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Seriously, world's longest week and I don't have a job! I am so glad it is almost over!! It is sunny and warm today too!! Yipee!! Happy Friday everyone.

What has made it the longest week?

All of the rain alerted us to two more problem's with our house which luckily will be fixed this weekend. But, it was one of those week's that felt like every time I turned around something else was broken or there was some sort of obstacle in front of something I needed to do. Ya know those week's?

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
CtTortoiseMom said:
All of the rain alerted us to two more problem's with our house which luckily will be fixed this weekend. But, it was one of those week's that felt like every time I turned around something else was broken or there was some sort of obstacle in front of something I needed to do. Ya know those week's?

Yep I just had one a week ago. Frustrating and...yeah. Frustrating. Can't think of the word right now... it's so frustrating!! AAHH!!! Frustration!!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Seriously, world's longest week and I don't have a job! I am so glad it is almost over!! It is sunny and warm today too!! Yipee!! Happy Friday everyone.

What has made it the longest week?

Yeah had one a couple of weeks ago, every day something either broke or died. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
shoo fly

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:

I am sitting here trying to decide, if I should set my alarm so I can spend something like 2.5 hours driving one way to hear a speaker talking about conservation of the radiated tortoise.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Jacqui said:
Edna said:

I am sitting here trying to decide, if I should set my alarm so I can spend something like 2.5 hours driving one way to hear a speaker talking about conservation of the radiated tortoise.
sounds interesting I would go
Will they be handing out free "samples"?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
Jacqui said:
Edna said:

sounds interesting I would go
Will they be handing out free "samples"?

:D No more like asking for a handout of money. It could be interesting or a total waste of time, hard to say.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hey Jacqui. Sorry just got home from class. My Friday/Saturday class is called The Nature of Schools. I only have it 10x between now and December 3rd so that is why it's so long and on the weekend.

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:
Friday? Friday!! I have class tonight from 4-9PM & then again tomorrow from 8AM-2PM... I feel like Charlie Brown when he got the friggin' rock on Halloween! ;)

What kind of classes?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnthonyC said:
Hey Jacqui. Sorry just got home from class. My Friday/Saturday class is called The Nature of Schools. I only have it 10x between now and December 3rd so that is why it's so long and on the weekend.

Jacqui said:
AnthonyC said:

What kind of classes?

So what do you learn in it?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I just watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" it was really good. I feel like I cannot live another second without a juicer and plan to do a juice fast.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
We may get some HOT rain tonight! Some big fatties are rolling in. Humidity will go thru the roof, I will melt! It's still over 90 here at 9 pm! AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, I was gone for a couple of days, and I see you are still pretending to chat. How interesting...you guys are nuts! ...Bob got a new floor in his shed today. I took a million pictures and will post them this week end. Bob was hysterical to watch, he had a meltdown when Ed put his sleeping box out into the yard. It was the funniest thing ever. Poor tortoise. He got all in the way and at one point was high centered on the 2 by 4's in the floor...when he got the new doggie door he had to go in and out and in and out and in and out...so many times. He also had to sniff everything...you'll see it all in the thread I post...

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Jacqui said:

Too late now, of course, but I would make that decision by doing a googlevsearch for the speaker and see what people are saying about his/her presentations. 2.5 hours each way is a big committment of time and $$, and some speakers would just not be worth it.

Oh, and I fibbed a little, I am going somewhere this weekend. We are going to the Mennonite grocery/bakery for some coffee and a cinnamon roll. Mmmm

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Edna said:
Jacqui said:

Too late now, of course, but I would make that decision by doing a googlevsearch for the speaker and see what people are saying about his/her presentations. 2.5 hours each way is a big committment of time and $$, and some speakers would just not be worth it.

Oh, and I fibbed a little, I am going somewhere this weekend. We are going to the Mennonite grocery/bakery for some coffee and a cinnamon roll. Mmmm

Darn, I hadn't thought of that. I just have a hard time remembering how much you can do and find out online. :rolleyes: I did look up their website and it didn't do much for me. So between that, the mileage, and just plain not feeling real fantastic these last couple of days, I decided not to go.

maggie3fan said:
Well, I was gone for a couple of days, and I see you are still pretending to chat. How interesting...you guys are nuts! ...Bob got a new floor in his shed today. I took a million pictures and will post them this week end. Bob was hysterical to watch, he had a meltdown when Ed put his sleeping box out into the yard. It was the funniest thing ever. Poor tortoise. He got all in the way and at one point was high centered on the 2 by 4's in the floor...when he got the new doggie door he had to go in and out and in and out and in and out...so many times. He also had to sniff everything...you'll see it all in the thread I post...

Of course we are nuts! Was there ever any doubt? We do have tortoises ya know. :D Sounds like Bob was his usual comedy self. :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
We got a thunder and lightening storm last night that was so bad it knocked the power out about 4:30, the storm was super low when the thunder came, it shook the house, rattled the windows, and knocked the power out, the first time the power went out it was for 15 minutes, the second time it was for 1 hour and 53 minutes! I have a headache from being jolted awake and then yells from my son. I know of you folks get weather like that but we do not! It totally sounded like the house cracked in half. Dogs barking, car alarms going off. Neighbors outside in their boxers. Quite the excitement in the predawn hours. Now my torties are going to be mad, cause no one can go outside! Lucky for me I am leaving in an hour to teach a quilt class!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Torty Mom said:
We got a thunder and lightening storm last night that was so bad it knocked the power out about 4:30, the storm was super low when the thunder came, it shook the house, rattled the windows, and knocked the power out, the first time the power went out it was for 15 minutes, the second time it was for 1 hour and 53 minutes! I have a headache from being jolted awake and then yells from my son. I know of you folks get weather like that but we do not! It totally sounded like the house cracked in half. Dogs barking, car alarms going off. Neighbors outside in their boxers. Quite the excitement in the predawn hours. Now my torties are going to be mad, cause no one can go outside! Lucky for me I am leaving in an hour to teach a quilt class!!!

That sounds really scary!! I am sorry that happened to you!! I cannot think of a single neighbor of mine that I would like to see in their boxers so that sounds scary as well! I hope you have a great Saturday!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Just thought I'd jump on in to see how everyone is today!

I've had a busy day today! I've booked my wedding, I've been to a Body Shop party, I've made a decision about my tortoise (getting it on Friday morning!), and tonight I get chicken and chips, a hot chocolate and Doctor Who.

Status
Not open for further replies.