pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

For me Sunday means NASCAR and the Sunday paper. I am lazing about and putting off starting to feed my chelonia who don't eat every day. Feeding the box turtles means chopping up strawberries melons and berries and doing that one handed is hard so I am just having a hard time getting off the couch and getting started. We have the first storm of the season and it's cold, I just looked out because we have pretty good wind storm going on, and I see Bob in the basking position in the cold windy rain. Haha, do you think he is pretending there is sun?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I bet he can do a darn good job of pretending he can feel those warming rays on his shell. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Okay, this is my reward:). Chewy has eaten, been soaked and weighed in at 151 grams. Sid was just hosed and I cleaned his face with a baby tooth brush. He has been burrowing and he comes out looking like a dirt monster!! Leia has been fed and is soaking now, she loves her soaks so I let her stay in awhile. The baby is napping and the other two kids are at the next door neighbors clam bake. Life is good!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A clam bake? for real? It's one of those things I have read about and hope to someday actually be a part of, but never knew anybody who actually did them. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I so want to do a clam bake, I know how just don't have the time or invite enough people to do one.

maggie3fan said:
For me Sunday means NASCAR and the Sunday paper. I am lazing about and putting off starting to feed my chelonia who don't eat every day. Feeding the box turtles means chopping up strawberries melons and berries and doing that one handed is hard so I am just having a hard time getting off the couch and getting started. We have the first storm of the season and it's cold, I just looked out because we have pretty good wind storm going on, and I see Bob in the basking position in the cold windy rain. Haha, do you think he is pretending there is sun?
Why are you doing things one handed?

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
dmmj said:
I so want to do a clam bake, I know how just don't have the time or invite enough people to do one.

Well invite me lol because we here in the country have cook outs not clam bakes lol. Also what do you really do at one. Please don't make fun of me We don't have them where I live and you don't really ever here of one lol.:D

Thank the LORD:D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maggie is one-handed because a few years ago she had an accident and lost the use of her right hand. Besides not very useful, the hand and arm are quite painful. I've tried to convince her to become left-handed, but she's an old broad and says she can't learn new tricks.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Turtle Guru said:
dmmj said:

Well invite me lol because we here in the country have cook outs not clam bakes lol. Also what do you really do at one. Please don't make fun of me We don't have them where I live and you don't really ever here of one lol.:D

Thank the LORD:D:D

A clam bake is just a big cook out with a lot of great food and great people. Oh yeah and clams:). I would have one and invite everyone on TFO if I could:)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
CtTortoiseMom said:
A clam bake is just a big cook out with a lot of great food and great people. Oh yeah and clams:). I would have one and invite everyone on TFO if I could:)

Well thank you for the info, and also if I could I would invite you all too. :D

Thank the LORD for Everything :D :D

M

Maggie Cummings

dmmj said:

maggie3fan said:

I was a long distance truck driver and I fell backwards out of the cab of my truck and the doctor repaired my wrist wrong, I also walked around for 9 months with a broken neck and a skull fracture before it was diagnosed. So now I have lost the use of my right arm and hand and have severe pain in hand and arm and I have terrible migraines from the broken neck and severe short term memory loss from the skull fracture. I live on pain medication and most of the time I can't function. I won a Workman's Compensation case, but I lost my career and it was something I was really good at. I pulled a 53'trailer coast to coast and won backing up contests in truck stops against other drivers...it was fun and I miss it.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
maggie3fan said:
I was a long distance truck driver and I fell backwards out of the cab of my truck and the doctor repaired my wrist wrong, I also walked around for 9 months with a broken neck and a skull fracture before it was diagnosed. So now I have lost the use of my right arm and hand and have severe pain in hand and arm and I have terrible migraines from the broken neck and severe short term memory loss from the skull fracture. I live on pain medication and most of the time I can't function. I won a Workman's Compensation case, but I lost my career and it was something I was really good at. I pulled a 53'trailer coast to coast and won backing up contests in truck stops against other drivers...it was fun and I miss it.

How long ago was that? That would be terrable...

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Wow thats awful, and man I thought a dislocated bone during wrestling season was bad:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Turtle Guru said:
Wow thats awful, and man I thought a dislocated bone during wrestling season was bad:D
Did you wrestle in HS or college? I was a heavyweight wrestler in my HS.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
I wrestle light medium weight for HS 138-145, it was one of the saddest things I have dealed with in my life. Thank the LORD I'm very good because of the LORD:D. I was ranked in the top eight of my state and going to states and place in the top six. But then snap the tournament before i dislocated my elbow. The worst thing was that I was destroying the kid in the match. 12-0 in the first period lol. But then we got mixed up i posted with my left arm. I sat up looked at my coaches and said I broke my arm calmly lol. But when I found out that I couldnt wrestle anymore I cried because of that. But my buddy that was a senior got to wrestle in my spot. He was my back up. He went in my placement he did fine i was proud before that I was 21-6 (4 of my losses where seniors by 2 points) but Thank the LORD I should place in the top four the next two years.

Thank the LORD for Everything :D :D :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Christian:

Do you mean that you can't wrestle anymore? Or that you've recovered and you're going to be able to wrestle?

I guess that's a pretty popular sport. I've never really gotten into it.

I'm proud to be able to say, "I know someone who will probably place in the top 4". Good luck with that!! :)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
No I can wrestle,and thank you for your nice words I appreciate that a lot :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Christian's story reminds me of my daughter.
She played soccer since she was five and loved it. She wanted to play it all year round so we put her on a winter indoor team. She was so good and so happy that when she was recruited to play for a premiere league when she was 9 we just celebrated and went with it. In the second practice of her spring season when she was 10 she was running the ball down the field and collapsed in screaming heap onto the ground. My husband got to her and carried her off of the field. We had no idea what was wrong and we had never seen her in so much pain before. It turned out that she suffered a complete tear in her ACL in her right knee. We had it surgically repaired and were told that unless we want her to have more surgery she should never play a pivoting sport again. It was a brutal blow to the whole family.
She is 12 now and has found many other things that she likes and it ended up being kind of a blessing in disguise.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Reminds me a bit of Dee's daughter. She was almost to being in the Olympic soccer squad, when she injured herself during an exhibition game. :( I can't think of her user name in here something that starts with a "j". She is from NJ and is one of the original members. Her daughter is better now, but as I recall she too will not see that potential reached. :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Jacqui said:
Reminds me a bit of Dee's daughter. She was almost to being in the Olympic soccer squad, when she injured herself during an exhibition game. :( I can't think of her user name in here something that starts with a "j". She is from NJ and is one of the original members. Her daughter is better now, but as I recall she too will not see that potential reached. :(

jlyoncc1?

Status
Not open for further replies.