pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try having a teenager when your 51. Darn I'm tired:D I have a boy. So if you want the teenage boy experience, just let me know. I think they are easier then girls. in the teen years that is. i think girls are easier when they are younger. I havent raised a girl, just what i have witnessed. However, I can drop him off the next time I'm in Michigan:D Just say when:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
Jacqui said:
RedfootsRule said:
What kind of minors have you been around? Never met a 10 year old that didn't say worse things then that :(.

The type of minors who were taught manners and respect. What they say to others, if they are not my children or if they are not around me, is one thing. This is one person who will correct any child (or adult) who swears or talks dirty. In the forum, I expect us to use language and to behave in a manner that would allow any child or adult to not be embarassed or have their parents not allow them to be in here. We do have lots of children in here and we also have a lot of foreign folks, not to mention old prudes like me who still believe in appropriate behavior and language especially in public.

What are these children thing you speak of??? My husband seems to want one and talks about them :p I can't find the pet store where you buy them.
There is a pet store in CT that has 3 for cheap ;)

I already raised a teenage girl... I think thats why I delayed having one for as long as I can. :p She's actually the greatest kid but man having a teenager when you are 27 is rough. :D
I am 32, I had my first at 18 so I feel ya!

On a happy note those snakes are probably relaxing in their warm enclosures by now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Actually he's a great kid. Just lazy:( However, I do always get complimented on how well behaved and mannered he is when he's with his friends families. So I guess I have done something right:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
However, I can drop him off the next time I'm in Michigan:D Just say when:D

WHEN!!!​

Kerryann be expecting a "package" in the near future! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
wellington said:

WHEN!!!​

WOW, what did she do to p you off:p :D You jumped at sending him over a little too quickly:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My youngest kid will be 53 on Monday. So far no great grand kids...but I've been kicking around the idea of seeing if I could maybe foster a youngster. Problem is, I'm selfish. I don't want to have to commit to taking someone someplace, etc. and all that goes with having a youngster in the house.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
Try having a teenager when your 51. Darn I'm tired:D I have a boy. So if you want the teenage boy experience, just let me know. I think they are easier then girls. in the teen years that is. i think girls are easier when they are younger. I havent raised a girl, just what i have witnessed. However, I can drop him off the next time I'm in Michigan:D Just say when:D

If they love animals have at it. I could use a boy to cut the grass and clean up dog poop.. wait I already have a teenage boy to do that. :D
The hardest part of raising a girl was the emotional swings. I think her were more extreme than most probably but working a full time and running my own business and then dealing with that about ran me ragged. It was worth it though in the end. She's almost done with school and will be off on her own soon.

Jacqui said:
wellington said:

WHEN!!!​

You need to come too .. so you can keep him in line. I think boys would love it here. We have a theater room, lots of pcs and tablets, and every gaming system out on the market... oh and did I mention two big jeeps and a grand national..
I have a big man child of my own as you can tell :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
My youngest kid will be 53 on Monday. So far no great grand kids...but I've been kicking around the idea of seeing if I could maybe foster a youngster. Problem is, I'm selfish. I don't want to have to commit to taking someone someplace, etc. and all that goes with having a youngster in the house.

Just adopt me. I come with my own way to get places. :p :D

wellington said:
WOW, what did she do to p you off:p :D You jumped at sending him over a little too quickly:D

Nothing. If I were p off it would be something a lot worse then just a teenage boy coming here way. :p :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, He would love it. But, your not going to get much work out of him. He likes the game stuff too much:( Yep, the mood swings are way more with girls, heck I still have them:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
wellington said:
OMG, He would love it. But, your not going to get much work out of him. He likes the game stuff too much:( Yep, the mood swings are way more with girls, heck I still have them:D

How old is he?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CtTortoiseMom said:
wellington said:

How old is he?

15. He will be 16 in May. He's the kind of kid, that if you ask him to do something, the answer is always, yes, in a minute. His minutes are more like many minutes. Does it purposely I think, hoping you'll forget and then he doesn't do it. Or, he does it half a**. You always have to be on top of things or check his work, if you really care that its done right. The bad/good? part, he comes by it honestly, he's just like his dad:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
wellington said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
wellington said:

How old is he?

15. He will be 16 in May. He's the kind of kid, that if you ask him to do something, the answer is always, yes, in a minute. His minutes are more like many minutes. Does it purposely I think, hoping you'll forget and then he doesn't do it. Or, he does it half a**. You always have to be on top of things or check his work, if you really care that its done right. The bad/good? part, he comes by it honestly, he's just like his dad:D

I always start with "your phone is gone if you don't...."

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't take his phone, only because he only has one so I can get ahold of him. I had a panic attack one time last year. I usually have to remind him to take his phone. But he has lost his tv, Xbox, iPod and laptop many times and been grounded. He actually enjoys having fhe stuff gone i think. he spends lots of time with us then. doesnt seem to mind so much that he had them taken away. The dumb thing, he will do it, just wants to see how long he can get you to forget you had asked him. I'm always doing a 100 things at once, he knows it will be a while before I had remembered that he was suppose to do something. I keep telling him, when he has his own house and kids, I will mess his house and spoil the kids rotten and he will see what he did. They always realize once they are parents, the apology we deserve.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
I don't take his phone, only because he only has one so I can get ahold of him. I had a panic attack one time last year. I usually have to remind him to take his phone. But he has lost his tv, Xbox, iPod and laptop many times and been grounded. He actually enjoys having fhe stuff gone i think. he spends lots of time with us then. doesnt seem to mind so much that he had them taken away. The dumb thing, he will do it, just wants to see how long he can get you to forget you had asked him. I'm always doing a 100 things at once, he knows it will be a while before I had remembered that he was suppose to do something. I keep telling him, when he has his own house and kids, I will mess his house and spoil the kids rotten and he will see what he did. They always realize once they are parents, the apology we deserve.

The tool that worked with Kelly was grounded at home with no phone or internet. She is a social butterfly so she hated being grounded.
I think around the time I was 25 I finally appreciated my parents and the sacrifices my mom made. My step dad was pretty awesome and didn't snuff me out. :p

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
emysemys said:

So how many grandchildren you have now, Yvonne?

CtTortoiseMom said:

Lol I could use this one day.

I'm really curious, what the age statistic we have here in our forum. I really want to know the distribution for the torts' lovers here :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Yellow Turtle said:
emysemys said:

So how many grandchildren you have now, Yvonne?

CtTortoiseMom said:

Lol I could use this one day.

I'm really curious, what the age statistic we have here in our forum. I really want to know the distribution for the torts' lovers here :D

I am 39 but trying not to be...........:rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Like I already said. I am 51, but I don't act it. Been told by many and working hard on never growing up:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:
I told my husband that I am not apposed to sending our daughter to boarding school when she turns 13 :D

My husband went to boarding school and loved it! We are surrounded by boarding school's where I live but I can't do it. I want all my children to be children as long as possible and I worry that they grow up too fast when they board.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
I told my husband that I am not apposed to sending our daughter to boarding school when she turns 13 :D

My husband went to boarding school and loved it! We are surrounded by boarding school's where I live but I can't do it. I want all my children to be children as long as possible and I worry that they grow up too fast when they board.

I agree. That is one reason why my son doesn't have too much asked of him to do around my house. Being a kid is way to short. His day will come when he has to do the grown up stuff. For now, I do want him to just be a kid and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.