pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
They are sooooooo pretty! if you ever need some one to baby sit them you are more then welcome to fly them over here and put them in my back yard... I can not guarantee you will get them back however lol. I WILL have a horse some day!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would almost bet some place in the Phoenix area would have a chocolate fest during the Feb 14th time period. I mean even Nebraska has one. :D

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
I did a search... we do have one!!! it is just in the middle of nowhere so i never realized! we live near downtown Phoenix near the fair grounds so i just assumed there wasn't one lol. you know what they say about assumption....

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
As sad as it is, we are, with heavy hearts, in the process of selling the horses. They are not livestock to us, but companions. I know some people take their horses to the auction to sell, but I couldn't do that. I screen the people. I worry that the new owners wouldn't blanket them during bad weather and care for their feet properly. We provide them with a lifestyle that is best for them and I want that to continue. Sadly, for us, they have become a financial hardship. What's worse is for me it's a double edge sword of emotion. These guys are my friends so I want to keep them, but then I think of the great tortoise stuff I could do with our four room, 24'x48' barn.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Melly-n-shorty said:
I did a search... we do have one!!! it is just in the middle of nowhere so i never realized! we live near downtown Phoenix near the fair grounds so i just assumed there wasn't one lol. you know what they say about assumption....

Are you going to check it out?

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Jacqui said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

Are you going to check it out?

let me think... there will be chocolate there... soooo YES!!!! :D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, for cryin' out loud, Ken. Why on earth are you having hay delivered? Just go buy a couple bales to tide you over.

That's pretty sad news. I know what you mean about them being part of your family. I took April in as a freebie. She was 5 years old and not broke. I've never tried to have her broke, but over the years, she's learned to accept the farrier, grooming and a halter. I'd really, really hate to have to give her up. In fact, quite a few paydays, I do without something for myself just so I can buy the proper old lady food for her.

I'm sorry you have to do this.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Ooooh, a chocolate fest!!! My ........ whatever she is to me (boyfriend's son's girlfriend) is a caterer in her free time and when I mentioned wanting to go to chocolate school, she said come over and spend a day. One day she'll offer classes about chocolate, and I'd certainly pay for that!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
As sad as it is, we are, with heavy hearts, in the process of selling the horses. They are not livestock to us, but companions. I know some people take their horses to the auction to sell, but I couldn't do that. I screen the people. I worry that the new owners wouldn't blanket them during bad weather and care for their feet properly. We provide them with a lifestyle that is best for them and I want that to continue. Sadly, for us, they have become a financial hardship. What's worse is for me it's a double edge sword of emotion. These guys are my friends so I want to keep them, but then I think of the great tortoise stuff I could do with our four room, 24'x48' barn.

I didn't realize you were going to have to sell them. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Horses and chocolate.. now I am sure of why I love to come to TFO chat. You all brighten my day. :D
I hate having to rehome animals. We had to do that with some fish that outgrew our aquarium and even with fish it was so hard. I can't imagine how hard it would be to rehome a horse. I am sure you will find someone fabulous. :D
I am soo in for a chocolate festival. I don't think we have anything like that here.
In other great news I am now officially down the weight I gained over the holidays. I am cranky that it took a week to gain 12lbs but almost two weeks to lose it. My hubby told me last night as I was getting changed that my stomach looked fantastic.. so that felt great.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Just posting that was painful. Made it a little more real. In the morning a retired couple are coming out to see them. And yes Yvonne, logic would dictate just a couple bales, but I just unloaded a ton. Truth is, the trailer hasn't left the barn in a couple years and we used to go horse camping. We can ride here, we just haven't for sometime.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
I like your husband... sounds like a great guy

You are talking about the man who had the following conversation with me last night. Now I do have to give him the fact that he was working away on something that I can't even describe if I tried when this occurred.
I was whining that I missed elmo and he matter of a fact looked at me and said "he's in the freezer in the top left hand drawer in a baggy". Then looked at my reaction and said.. "oh you were having an emotion?? Okay I am sorry for your loss. Oh and remember you have to leave work early tomorrow so we can bury him before sundown". Then went back to working.:D:p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Just posting that was painful. Made it a little more real. In the morning a retired couple are coming out to see them. And yes Yvonne, logic would dictate just a couple bales, but I just unloaded a ton. Truth is, the trailer hasn't left the barn in a couple years and we used to go horse camping. We can ride here, we just haven't for sometime.
I'm really sorry to hear that Ken. I am sure you will choose someone to continue the great quality of love and care that they have been accustomed to with you. Maybe you could visit them?

Status
Not open for further replies.