pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
LOL my husband said no... I just asked him because we were talking about what she might be like when she is a teenager and I realized... I dont like teenagers... hopefully I will like my own haha

besides I couldnt send her away for reals.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
wellington said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
I told my husband that I am not apposed to sending our daughter to boarding school when she turns 13 :D

My husband went to boarding school and loved it! We are surrounded by boarding school's where I live but I can't do it. I want all my children to be children as long as possible and I worry that they grow up too fast when they board.

I agree. That is one reason why my son doesn't have too much asked of him to do around my house. Being a kid is way to short. His day will come when he has to do the grown up stuff. For now, I do want him to just be a kid and enjoy.

I think the problem is the opposite. Childhood is being extended too long.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Kerryann said:
I am 39 but trying not to be...........:rolleyes:

We are the same age, and I never feel I'm on that age :D

wellington said:
Like I already said. I am 51, but I don't act it. Been told by many and working hard on never growing up:D

And you still have a teenager kid? That's nice :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jaizei said:
wellington said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
I told my husband that I am not apposed to sending our daughter to boarding school when she turns 13 :D

My husband went to boarding school and loved it! We are surrounded by boarding school's where I live but I can't do it. I want all my children to be children as long as possible and I worry that they grow up too fast when they board.

I agree. That is one reason why my son doesn't have too much asked of him to do around my house. Being a kid is way to short. His day will come when he has to do the grown up stuff. For now, I do want him to just be a kid and enjoy.

I only have children so I don't know if that is true. I will agree that I do not want to be paying for my children's healthcare until they are 27 because they should be on their own feet hopefully raising families of their own by then!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
For such nice forum, the only thing missing is live chat. Need to keep F5 F5 F5 F5 for this :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Yellow Turtle said:
For such nice forum, the only thing missing is live chat. Need to keep F5 F5 F5 F5 for this :D
I am on my phone. So it is worse! I was on my IPad but it keeps putting double I's in everything I type. It was taking too long to correct it all.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
jaizei said:
wellington said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

I only have children so I don't know if that is true. I will agree that I do not want to be paying for my children's healthcare until they are 27 because they should be on their own feet hopefully raising families of their own by then!

Chat is fun tonight I agree :D
My little on is getting old now and hopefully will be on her own in a bit... until two years ago I had her and the hubster both in college.. very very very stressful... dag nabbit kids :p both on the dole... and in April I will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeee................. but now we are trying to have a baby and then we will have someone back on the dole :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
jaizei said:
wellington said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

My little on is getting old now and hopefully will be on her own in a bit... until two years ago I had her and the hubster both in college.. very very very stressful... dag nabbit kids :p both on the dole... and in April I will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeee................. but now we are trying to have a baby and then we will have someone back on the dole :p
Wow!! That is exciting!! The being free and the baby. The truth is you will never really be free :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Kerryann said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
jaizei said:
wellington said:

Wow!! That is exciting!! The being free and the baby. The truth is you will never really be free :)

Are you saying the baby will take after my husband? or are you talking about my husband :p;)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
CtTortoiseMom said:
Yellow Turtle said:
I am on my phone. So it is worse! I was on my IPad but it keeps putting double I's in everything I type. It was taking too long to correct it all.

Most time I use my android phone to read and reply. So it's the same situation here. Getting hungry now, time to roam the fridge :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I never use my computer for the forum. Occasionally I'll use my iPad normally I use my iPhone. My regret with the iPhone is I don't get to see people's tag lines in their signature. No links in signatures either.

Has anyone received updated information from the tort owner whose dog chewed a hole in the carapace? I'm just curious if the baby survived.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yellow Turtle said:
Kerryann said:

wellington said:
Like I already said. I am 51, but I don't act it. Been told by many and working hard on never growing up:D

Had him when I was 35. He just made it. We were going to stop trying when I turned 35. Well I turned 35 not knowing I was pregnant.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
At Christmas my daughter gave me a fridge magnet that says, “Just because you're old doesn't mean you have to be mature" I'm not sure if she was saying I'm old or I'm immature.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
Yellow Turtle said:
Kerryann said:

wellington said:

Had him when I was 35. He just made it. We were going to stop trying when I turned 35. Well I turned 35 not knowing I was pregnant.

That is awesome. I waited until later so my husband could finish school. I only want one. We have talked down the road of adopting another maybe, but we want to try one first and see if we go insane.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:
Yellow Turtle said:
Kerryann said:

wellington said:

You are lucky, he must be a blessing to have at that age.

Kerryann said:
wellington said:
Yellow Turtle said:
Kerryann said:

wellington said:

That is awesome. I waited until later so my husband could finish school. I only want one. We have talked down the road of adopting another maybe, but we want to try one first and see if we go insane.

Yes I think children will make you insane, insane with love :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I only have the one also. I must say. If I had to do it over again, and was younger, I would have had two right away. However, if you have a big kid for a hubby, it might not be as hard for you. My hubby is an old 57 and was an old 40 something. It was hard sometimes, playing those mind numbing games etc, constantly entertaining a little toddler. But, also worth it too:)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
wellington said:
I only have the one also. I must say. If I had to do it over again, and was younger, I would have had two right away. However, if you have a big kid for a hubby, it might not be as hard for you. My hubby is an old 57 and was an old 40 something. It was hard sometimes, playing those mind numbing games etc, constantly entertaining a little toddler. But, also worth it too:)

I'm confused it was hard sometimes playing those mind numbing games, are you talking about hanging out with your husband?

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:

Yes, I don't really understand people who get married and don't want any children. They are certainly the greatest gift of all.

Cowboy_Ken said:
wellington said:

I'm confused it was hard sometimes playing those mind numbing games, are you talking about hanging out with your husband?

LOL

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cowboy_Ken said:
wellington said:

LMAO, ya, that too:p:D
The kiddy games, Pokemon, transformers, yugio? I had to play most of that stuff with my son. At least he enjoyed it. That's what counts.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We would and still do, play Pente. We played our own variations of it like speed Pente where you had to place your piece fast. That would get crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.