pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelubber

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Yesterday morning, Jeff and I ate breakfast out at the local park/lake. We had a blast watching the two squirrels fighting over a tree. Since we had been at the lake (actually three ponds in a row) a few days before, a lot of Canadian geese had showed up. Looks like they are moving again even though it's not the normal month they do.

Haha :D that's cool

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
So this is kinda fun. The couple who came out to look at the horses were very nice folks. They fell in love with the horses. Gave us a 50% down payment. Here the great part…they want to board the horses here and have us teach them the care and maintainence as well as everything else concerning the horses and how to be good owners! And they want to pay us monthly to boot. They buy the horses, all the tack and the trailer, I teach them how to care for them, they pay me monthly, and I've still got them here? Don't wake me up, I'm diggin this dream!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
So this is kinda fun. The couple who came out to look at the horses were very nice folks. They fell in love with the horses. Gave us a 50% down payment. Here the great part…they want to board the horses here and have us teach them the care and maintainence as well as everything else concerning the horses and how to be good owners! And they want to pay us monthly to boot. They buy the horses, all the tack and the trailer, I teach them how to care for them, they pay me monthly, and I've still got them here? Don't wake me up, I'm diggin this dream!!!

That is amazing Ken! I am really happy for you!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:
:D Thought the idea was fun and relaxation, not another business to keep up with the demands of. :D

Very true, but this will be fun if I can master the talent. I'm sure I can manage the occasional mailing of candles or soaps. Won't be advertising so I might never sell a thing, and if I do it'll be rare. :)

Just don't want the house to be overrun with bars of soap, and I can't give them as gifts for EVERY future event haha.

"Ohh! You got me...more soap...thanks".

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
My mom told me a store here had half off clearance clothes and I went. I got two pairs of jeans for 3 dollars each. A shirt that is so much like one i just pinned on Pinterest for 5 dollars, and a 3/4 sleeve blazer for 4 dollars.
My hubby got a shirt. I tried to convince him to get a pair of orange cargo khakis. They were 6 dollars. That went over like a lead balloon. I have been making him dress more trendy but he's not orange pants there yet ;)

cherylim said:
Very true, but this will be fun if I can master the talent. I'm sure I can manage the occasional mailing of candles or soaps. Won't be advertising so I might never sell a thing, and if I do it'll be rare. :)

Just don't want the house to be overrun with bars of soap, and I can't give them as gifts for EVERY future event haha.

I was thinking they would be fun gifts too.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
cherylim said:
Jacqui said:
:D Thought the idea was fun and relaxation, not another business to keep up with the demands of. :D

You can check schedule and hobby off of your list! Good job, even though we all thought you were successful before :).

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:

That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
cherylim said:
Then, Ian and I went shopping at the craft store in Preston. I've wanted to do something 'crafty' all my life, but I'm useless with my hands and I've never found something. That book I read suggested crafts would be good for me, so I went to look again. I'm home now with a soap making kit and a candle making kit. I'm going to see if I like them, choose which one I like most and turn it into a long-term hobby. Exciting!

Might even see, once I've used the supplies in the kit, if I can start experimenting with new scents and open an Etsy shop. :D

I bought this book a few years ago. Haven't done it yet, but I will make (and enjoy) soap one day.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
jaizei said:
I bought this book a few years ago. Haven't done it yet, but I will make (and enjoy) soap one day.

Thanks for the link! If I do enjoy it I'll have to get some more books and start getting creative. Hopefully I'll like this - it doesn't require any 'artistic' skill on my part. The moulds will make the shape, I just have to make successful soap.

I've just caught up on the situation with Ken's horses - glad you got that outcome! Sounds perfect. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ken, that is such a great deal. Very happy for you. I guess you can have your cake and eat it too:D
Cherylim, I did the candle making years ago, it was fun. Not all the stuff available then though like there is now. The soap always looked fun too. Be sure to take pics of some of the things you make and share with us:).
I have been cleaning and reorganizing all day. Yesterday, cleaned my sons room, today the closet. Hubby went in for overtime, son still staying the night at friends how. Temps this weekend not bad, around 45. Wish I had more to do outside then in:( tomorrow and for most of next week, the cold teens, yuk. However, I don't think we are getting any snow :D
Kerryann, doesn't your hubby hunt? You should have told him the orange cargo pants would be good for hunting. Then after he bought them, you could try to con him into wearing them at other times:p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
Ken, that is such a great deal. Very happy for you. I guess you can have your cake and eat it too:D
Cherylim, I did the candle making years ago, it was fun. Not all the stuff available then though like there is now. The soap always looked fun too. Be sure to take pics of some of the things you make and share with us:).
I have been cleaning and reorganizing all day. Yesterday, cleaned my sons room, today the closet. Hubby went in for overtime, son still staying the night at friends how. Temps this weekend not bad, around 45. Wish I had more to do outside then in:( tomorrow and for most of next week, the cold teens, yuk. However, I don't think we are getting any snow :D
Kerryann, doesn't your hubby hunt? You should have told him the orange cargo pants would be good for hunting. Then after he bought them, you could try to con him into wearing them at other times:p :D

No hunting :) we are almost fully organic vegan. We eat only dairy and eggs from humane local sources. :p

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
cherylim said:
jaizei said:

Thanks for the link! If I do enjoy it I'll have to get some more books and start getting creative. Hopefully I'll like this - it doesn't require any 'artistic' skill on my part. The moulds will make the shape, I just have to make successful soap.

I've just caught up on the situation with Ken's horses - glad you got that outcome! Sounds perfect. :)

My sister-in-law makes soaps and candles. She's actually very creative with it, some in the inclusions in the soap and candles, and also in the packaging. My mom buys her wares and I get soap and/or candles for every occasion. It's OK. I'm never short on soap:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kerryann said:
wellington said:

No hunting :) we are almost fully organic vegan. We eat only dairy and eggs from humane local sources. :p

Sorry, I knew that. Don't know what I was thinking:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kerryann said:
wellington said:
Sorry, I knew that. Don't know what I was thinking:D

Actually I told him after your comment he could wear them for our tactile classes.. He said no still :p

Hehe, tell him it's all the rave in Paris:p:D Well that line usually works better on women then men:(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
If I add food coloring to a water bottle and spray it on my snow do you think I run the risk of killing my grass underneath? I want to the tye-dye the snow in my front yard with the kids and Rob said no because it will kill the grass. I think he is wrong, what do you think?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
If I add food coloring to a water bottle and spray it on my snow do you think I run the risk of killing my grass underneath? I want to the tye-dye the snow in my front yard with the kids and Rob said no because it will kill the grass. I think he is wrong, what do you think?

I wouldn't think so?? What is in it that would kill the grass? If it's edible i would think it would be grass safe but i am not sure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like another case of hubby not wanting wifey to do something, so hubby says its illegal...or whatever!!

Ken: I'm so glad you get to keep the horses there. This will make the eventual parting so much easier, as you get to know the people and see how much they love your horses.

April has an abscess in the middle of the sole of her foot. An hoof abscess is very painful to a horse because it's in a place where there is no "give." The abscess swells up inside an enclosed space with no room to expand and causes quite a bit of pressure. Its more painful than a broken leg. So the vet sedated her, then dug and dug until he found the abscess. When he broke through the hoof all this yuck came squirting out and there was even a sound like air rushing. It's going to be a lot of fun trying to keep a hole in a hoof clean when the whole paddock is solid mud. So April gets to live another day!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
YA for April:D SORRY for April and the pain she will have for a while:( GOOD LUCK, to you Yvonne, that will be very trickie:)

I don't see how the food coloring would kill grass. I agree with Yvonne on this one. He just doesn't either want it done, or doesn't want to do it:D.

Ha, I looked up about the food coloring. Some communities actually will use green food coloring to color the dead grass green for Easter egg hunts. Sorry to the hubby, but he should check the Internet first, before he makes up an answer, or not let you ask TFO:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.