pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann wearing those orange pants would be a smart thing while out jeeping. ;)

Ken so happy the whole horse deal is sooooo great!!

Yvonne glad the reason has been found and April is now recovering.

Erin was it who had the food coloring question.... nopers it will not hurt the grass.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks everyone! I am doing it! I was thinking the same same thing. He is a freak about how the front yard looks so I guess he is even trying to be a freak about the snow too.
Yvonne, that is great news! How often do you have to redress the wound and will she let you do it?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Such good news on all fronts today :)
Today is my dogs birthday so i am taking her home froyo :)
We took her to petsmart today so she could pick her present. She got a nylsbone toy.
Also i got some more cold weather gear for snofari :)

Here's the dogs loving their froyo
2013-01-19_18-59-28_86.jpg

The birfday girl
2013-01-19_18-59-08_959.jpg

CtTortoiseMom said:
Thanks everyone! I am doing it! I was thinking the same same thing. He is a freak about how the front yard looks so I guess he is even trying to be a freak about the snow too.
Yvonne, that is great news! How often do you have to redress the wound and will she let you do it?

My husband would be the same way. :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yvonne, did the vet find the cause or is it just another “hoof mystery abscess"? For those who don't know, you could have a 1" piece of wire on 20 acres, the rest nice clean pasture, and a horse will find a way to injure themselves on it.
A burro can graze in a junkyard with rusted jagged pieces of metal everywhere and never get injured.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There was no outward cause...just a case of bacteria gaining entry through a small crack or something and growing.

The dressing can stay on (if it will. A hoof is a hard place to dress) for three days, then change it. I hope I don't have to change it because I'll never get it on as good as he did. They make little boots for horse feet, but they're quite expensive. She got a shot of penicillin and I'm to give her pain med and sulpher daily until she's well.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kerryann said:
Such good news on all fronts today :)
Today is my dogs birthday so i am taking her home froyo :)
We took her to petsmart today so she could pick her present. She got a nylsbone toy.
Also i got some more cold weather gear for snofari :)

Here's the dogs loving their froyo
2013-01-19_18-59-28_86.jpg

The birfday girl
2013-01-19_18-59-08_959.jpg

CtTortoiseMom said:

My husband would be the same way. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D Looks like they sure enjoyed their froyo? BTW, what is that? Like frozen yogurt? Nice that the birthday girl likes too share:D

Ha, I think I just figured it out. That's short for frozen yogurt, right? See, I'm not a tester at all. In fact I was going to call it short hand :p:D That really shows my age:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D Looks like they sure enjoyed their froyo? BTW, what is that? Like frozen yogurt? Nice that the birthday girl likes too share:D

Ha, I think I just figured it out. That's short for frozen yogurt, right? See, I'm not a tester at all. In fact I was going to call it short hand :p:D That really shows my age:)

Yes it was greek all natural dairy free frozen yogurt which sounds scary but isn't. We got them their own cups because they don't share well at all :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oops, that was suppose to say texter:D My dog loves ice cream. We have to spell it around her or she goes nuts. She gets her own, with a cone, but we put it in a bowl. Then she races to eat it so she can have some of mine. She always has a big ice cream burp after, yuk:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Happy Birthday to the pup's! They are cute! I am going to bid you all a early adeiu, the stomach bug is in da' house, more specifically in my 6 year old. Have a good night all:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Wait a minute! I thought yogurt was cultured dairy.

The one that we get is made either with coconut or almond milk. It is all natural, kosher, dairy free, and gluten free. The people who make this are local to my area and developed it to support the kosher community. It actually tastes great and is naturally low in calories and carbs. We typically eat it every Saturday night after sundown (like vampires :p). My lab has severe food allergies and included are soy and dairy, so this is a great option for her. They actually do include active yogurt cultures though which have health benefits.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Happy Birthday to the pup's! They are cute! I am going to bid you all a early adeiu, the stomach bug is in da' house, more specifically in my 6 year old. Have a good night all:)

Aww that is horrible, I hope you don't get it. :( I hope your little one feels better too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CtTortoiseMom said:

Sorry to hear that. It sure has been going around. Hope it passes quickly. Try to have a good night:)

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Jacqui said:
So where is this romantic lunch taking place?
Hardly romantic, it was the Center Street Grill and the kids joined us so it was more of a family affair, albeit, a wonderful gathering.
Cowboy_Ken said:
Here is the great part…they want to board the horses here and have us teach them the care and maintainence as well as everything else concerning the horses and how to be good owners! And they want to pay us monthly to boot. They buy the horses, all the tack and the trailer, I teach them how to care for them, they pay me monthly, and I've still got them here? Don't wake me up, I'm diggin this dream!!!
Don't freakin' wake up! Let the check clear.

Chachi and I, my male sambava, are watching SciFi, "Ice Road Terror". He seems quite intent on watching it. I am thinking I should make sure his paddock is well secured tonight.

So I spent time and money at Harbor Freight to outfit my rock hound bags. I hope I did well. While HB prices are great, the product does mirror the cost. I tried to keep purchases down to noncritical items. I think I am pretty much ready outside of the east wing hammer and folding shovel. I think the first trip is scheduled to be Topaz Mnt. Great for us newbies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It was cash! Dead presidents as it were.
Coconuts and almonds produce juice/water. They lack a teat for milk production.
Feeling all ornery tonight. Sorry.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
It was cash! Dead presidents as it were.
Coconuts and almonds produce juice/water. They lack a teat for milk production.
Feeling all ornery tonight. Sorry.

They call it milk because its a whitish juice. :D It's very very yummy :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm lactose intolerant. 12 minutes after a glass of milk and I drop bombs that will peel paint. I don't know why anyone would drink milk if they weren't lactose intolerant.

I know, I know, all these comedians out of work and I'm making jokes for free!

That's funny. I go to the barn and feed the horses and no one has made a comment. Really?

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
I don't think I can talk about dead presidents since I am a fed.....but hey, you can be as ornery as you want. Do watch for the drones though. No, I did not just say that, someone jacked my keyboard.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm lactose intolerant. 12 minutes after a glass of milk and I drop bombs that will peel paint. I don't know why anyone would drink milk if they weren't lactose intolerant.

If you have a dairy allergy like my dog you can't have dairy. My dog tries to claw all of her face hair off if she eats something she is allergic too. :p If you are kosher depending on what you eat you can't have dairy either. I actually don't have dairy in large quantities because I get sick to my stomach. I can have dairy free stuff in whatever quantity I want. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
ijmccollum said:
I don't think I can talk about dead presidents since I am a fed.....but hey, you can be as ornery as you want. Do watch for the drones though. No, I did not just say that, someone jacked my keyboard.

LMAO, that was a good one:D

Cowboy_Ken said:

That's funny. I go to the barn and feed the horses and no one has made a comment. Really?

I feel for your family. Lots of frebreze in your house:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.