A Land Far Away...
cherylim said:
- started feeling more ill so I'm lying on the sofa watching Disney movies. :p

I thought we put in a request for you to feel better, not worse. :(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Uh oh... Nausea and headache! Move over Cheryl I am in the mood for some Aladdin & Little Mermaid. I am trying to stay positive as my friend always say's.... "you are only one stomach bug away from your dream size".

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
CtTortoiseMom said:
Uh oh... Nausea and headache! Move over Cheryl I am in the mood for some Aladdin & Little Mermaid. I am trying to stay positive as my friend always say's.... "you are only one stomach bug away from your dream size".

Exactly!

I've always been a HUGE fan of Disney. Never grew out of it, but there are a couple of movies I've somehow never seen. Catching up on a few today - just watched The Song of the South for the first time and I still haven't seen Fantasia so that's next on the list. :)

Anyone not already ill, it looks like it's best to stay away from this thread.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Well d@ng, it might be a titch late. I am starting feel a bit sneezy. I am going to go take some cold alkaseltzer and hope for the best.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Some of you may know that I have a nephew who is one of the curators at the L. A. Zoo's reptile house. He sent me a text this am telling me he got to wrestle an adult Komodo dragon. He suggested that it was intense. He is, who I wanted to grow up to be. Punk kid.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's doesn't even sound inviting to me. All that toxic slobber? No way Cowboy Ken!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Just almost got into a fight at breakfast :(. People can be so cruel. We eat every Sunday at the same place, a little deli by the house. One of the waiters is a young man with a neurological disorder but he is a really good waiter. Usually it's the same people every week as customers too.
This woman and man sat at the table next to us and she was super rude to the waiter. I know i looked at her horrified and hubs said almost everyone did. So she said really loud as he was walking away something about paying good money for lunch too much to deal with a retard. The kid was so close he had to hear her. She kept going on so this elderly woman said he was a good waiter to her. So rude woman said something rude to lady and said mind your own business old b-word. I had it.. So i said clearly you are the problem here so maybe you should either be polite or leave. She started cussing and saying nasty stuff to me and the manager who came out. She was screaming about how it was the managers fault this started because her was so cheap he hired the retard and everyone was too too pc to say it. The manager asked her to leave so she came over to my table and was screaming at me about being a pc liberal b. I told her that political views have nothing to do with being a decent person. She looked at that point like she was going to start hitting me and i was trapped in my booth. I didn't say it to her but financially, gun control, and business views I am about as hard right as the come. Socially I an a moderate, which would make me not a liberal. A lot of the people in the restaurant started standing and asking her to just leave. Finally her husband basically pushed her out. He looked embarrassed honestly. After she left i saw the young guy/kids come back out and he looked like he was crying which broke my heart. He thanked me and the other lady for standing up for him. I told him he didn't deserve any of that. My heart broke more when he said he was used to it.
I mean he's smart. He remembers our order so we barely have to order, and he runs his butt off. He definitely has fine motor skills issues but other than how he looks you wouldn't know.
It took me a long time to type this out. Seeing and knowing that young guy was so upset bothered me so much. My husband said he was really worried because that woman would have killed me. He said I had a placement and size disadvantage.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
The woman appears to have some serious issues of her own. Glad you weren't hurt and kudos to you for sticking up for the kid. It is heart breaking that "he is used to it".

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here I was hoping that was going to end with the hidden cameras coming out and that it was an episode of, “What Would You Do" being filmed. Thanks for sticking up for the kid.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thanks for the kudos. My grandpa used to say always doing what's right is the hardest thing to do. I can't believe someone can be so cruel.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Kerryann said:
Just almost got into a fight at breakfast :(. People can be so cruel. We eat every Sunday at the same place, a little deli by the house. One of the waiters is a young man with a neurological disorder but he is a really good waiter. Usually it's the same people every week as customers too.
This woman and man sat at the table next to us and she was super rude to the waiter. I know i looked at her horrified and hubs said almost everyone did. So she said really loud as he was walking away something about paying good money for lunch too much to deal with a retard. The kid was so close he had to hear her. She kept going on so this elderly woman said he was a good waiter to her. So rude woman said something rude to lady and said mind your own business old b-word. I had it.. So i said clearly you are the problem here so maybe you should either be polite or leave. She started cussing and saying nasty stuff to me and the manager who came out. She was screaming about how it was the managers fault this started because her was so cheap he hired the retard and everyone was too too pc to say it. The manager asked her to leave so she came over to my table and was screaming at me about being a pc liberal b. I told her that political views have nothing to do with being a decent person. She looked at that point like she was going to start hitting me and i was trapped in my booth. I didn't say it to her but financially, gun control, and business views I am about as hard right as the come. Socially I an a moderate, which would make me not a liberal. A lot of the people in the restaurant started standing and asking her to just leave. Finally her husband basically pushed her out. He looked embarrassed honestly. After she left i saw the young guy/kids come back out and he looked like he was crying which broke my heart. He thanked me and the other lady for standing up for him. I told him he didn't deserve any of that. My heart broke more when he said he was used to it.
I mean he's smart. He remembers our order so we barely have to order, and he runs his butt off. He definitely has fine motor skills issues but other than how he looks you wouldn't know.
It took me a long time to type this out. Seeing and knowing that young guy was so upset bothered me so much. My husband said he was really worried because that woman would have killed me. He said I had a placement and size disadvantage.

Wow, that stinks! Poor guy. For all anyone knows he could have gotten a Traumatic Brain Injury from serving our country! Good for you! I cannot imagine anyone saying the word "retard" out loud in public!

I dropped my eldest off at her party.. I did it!! They are going skiing for a couple hours but both parents are going to be skiing too which makes me think its ok but there are like 8 girls for them to keep up with, ugh!! some people live in such a carefree world, must be nice!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Kerryann said:

Well done for standing up for him. Fantastic.

I think everyone wants to believe they will in that situation, but nobody totally knows how they'll react when it happens. Inspiring stuff!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I see what happens when I do not spend time in here, you all are either getting sick or starting fights. :rolleyes:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I made myself feel better with some Patrick Dempsey therapy.....mmmmmm.. I only watch greys anatomy for him. I have been cleaning and prepping good all day too.
My husband bought some organizers for me and put them together too. I am so excited. :)
Ooh and I got a really cute pair of leopard print flats today at the store. The hub had me cut off from buying anymore flats so after breakfast he took me shoe shopping to calm my nerves. He is the best husband ever. I am going to wear them tomorrow with my new red skinny jeans unless it snows :)

Prepping food not good

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Hehe...I look smart!

Absolutely hate all kind of sport. Ian announced this morning he was getting into American Football, so wanted to watch today.

I looked up, said "Ah, so it's on. Who are you supporting?". He said he was picking a team on the spot, and would support them from now on, since he really had no idea. Announced 'Atlanta'.

I looked up, saw 'ATL' and 'SF' and said in a deadpan voice. "That's good, because I'm supporting the 49ers".

He turned and looked at me, a bit shocked that I knew the 49ers were a team, never mind that they were playing, and asked why.

I responded "Oh, because that's the team Colin Kaepernick plays for" just as he came on the screen and I pointed and went 'him'. Then, the announcer said 'and there's Kaepernick'. Cue even more shock, since even he didn't have a clue about specific people.

Picked stuff up from TFO without realising. I looked really clever, and he was very confused. Have told him now that it's a tortoise thing.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
cherylim said:
Hehe...I look smart!

Absolutely hate all kind of sport. Ian announced this morning he was getting into American Football, so wanted to watch today.

I looked up, said "Ah, so it's on. Who are you supporting?". He said he was picking a team on the spot, and would support them from now on, since he really had no idea. Announced 'Atlanta'.

I looked up, saw 'ATL' and 'SF' and said in a deadpan voice. "That's good, because I'm supporting the 49ers".

He turned and looked at me, a bit shocked that I knew the 49ers were a team, never mind that they were playing, and asked why.

I responded "Oh, because that's the team Colin Kaepernick plays for" just as he came on the screen and I pointed and went 'him'. Then, the announcer said 'and there's Kaepernick'. Cue even more shock, since even he didn't have a clue about specific people.

Picked stuff up from TFO without realising. I looked really clever, and he was very confused. Have told him now that it's a tortoise thing.

That is all sorts of awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.