pretend chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
Lovin your pics of Deedle... and the commentary, Joe. Anywhere else would think you were quite bonkers......!!!

Lynne? How's the saline working out?

jkingler

5 Year Member
Bonkers isn't the worst thing, especially if the OH doesn't mind or, even better, enjoys it. :p

Posted a few more pics in the thread (with fewer captions to inspire headshrinker bounty hunters to find, bind, and turn me in).

And I also hope Lynne's regimen is showing promise!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yes, Joe, if you are both bonkers, it works well!

Congrats, Cheryl on making your goal to be debt free!!! What an achievement.

Just woke up, waiting for the little tort to 'get up', she is stirring. I will soak her, then irrigate. I actually don't have high hopes for the treatment as it had not worked before. I really think something is stuck, so am glad I have a vet appt tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Helen, what is the status of your husband's ship?

Jacqui, any news?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sorry, didn't get a chance at the hospital to get back online and then by the time we got home, I didn't even stop to clean litter boxes, I went straight to bed and amazingly was asleep almost immediately.

JJ did fine with his surgery. They ended up doing the simple option of just one valve. In 4-8 months he will go back in again for another valve to be put in (to replace the old one) and to try to make him a wall.

Jeff had been trying for a day to get home and between his load being unloaded at the worlds slowest unload dog food plant, the long lines at the trailer wash place, and then having to go drop his trailer first, he got to the hospital just in time for his turn to go in to see baby JJ after he was out of recovery from the surgery. Jeff was totally frustrated about the entire thing.

Since he was home, Jeff called and moved his Dr appt to today. Which means (puts on pouty face and voice), that now he won't be home for Valentine's day, which I had been planning for and getting excited about. I should know better then to ever make plans. :(

Oh yeah, for supper last night, Ash, Jeff and I went to Outback and totally and completely pigged out. :p :D

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Jacqui said:
Sorry, didn't get a chance at the hospital to get back online and then by the time we got home, I didn't even stop to clean litter boxes, I went straight to bed and amazingly was asleep almost immediately.

JJ did fine with his surgery. They ended up doing the simple option of just one valve. In 4-8 months he will go back in again for another valve to be put in (to replace the old one) and to try to make him a wall.

Jeff had been trying for a day to get home and between his load being unloaded at the worlds slowest unload dog food plant, the long lines at the trailer wash place, and then having to go drop his trailer first, he got to the hospital just in time for his turn to go in to see baby JJ after he was out of recovery from the surgery. Jeff was totally frustrated about the entire thing.

Since he was home, Jeff called and moved his Dr appt to today. Which means (puts on pouty face and voice), that now he won't be home for Valentine's day, which I had been planning for and getting excited about. I should know better then to ever make plans. :(

Oh yeah, for supper last night, Ash, Jeff and I went to Outback and totally and completely pigged out. :p :D

Hi Jacqui - Great news about little JJ. x x x x Not so good about Jeff and valentines. we will keep each other company on here methinks!

Ship is back on course and although they've had to push the engines a bit, they should be landing in Grand Cayman any time now.... and we have located an internet cafe so we should get to Skype!! YIPPEE!!!!

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Oh - update to last post.... signal was rubbish so all I got was a 2 minute glimpse of my lovely hubby. :(

Have just checked the weather forecast.... it snowed here earlier - (alright it didn't stick but any snow is remarkable here!) and we are due to drop to MINUS 8 overnight... Not amused, not a bit.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning, everyone!

Jacqui: How's JJ this a.m.?

When I woke up the sun was shining, but by the time I got dressed and ready to go outside, the fog had rolled in. Now we're socked in tight!

So far two of my "infertile" leopard eggs have hatched.

The rotten yellowfoot eggs are still cooking and smelling up my kitchen. (I don't toss them until they either explode or shrivel up)

Hope you all have enjoyable days...I'm off to pick up poop in the fog!

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
[/quote]

Glamorous Yvonne.... really glamorous!!! enjoy :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yvonne, hope you don't step in it before you see it!
Jacqui, so glad you hear the baby did well in surgery. No wonder you celebrated at Outback!

How frustrating not to be able to Skype when you were so looking forward to it, Helen. I am sure he was too!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It's like a nice late April, early May day in Michigan :p

I am just happy for no snow.
I was planning to go out and pick up poop too so I don't have so much in the spring. If the weather holds like this it wont be so bad, since I just cleaned poop a week and a half ago when it was also warm.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Congrats to the babe! Steakabration was definitely in order. Feel free to eat a bit medium rare or rare for me whenever you like. ;) (ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET IT AU POIVRE! /drools)

And poop-picking in the fog sounds like an awful lot of fun! Jealous! :p I must admit to being perplexed at having 'infertile' eggs hatch, though that sounds rather awesome. How does that work (or how did you mistakenly figure them to be infertile)?! I have no idea how this works, except I've seen some people holding eggs up to lights and then seeing a dense, dark center area is visible in 'fertile' eggs.

Lastly, Bubbs, how well equipped to handle -8 are you guys? Well enough insulated/heating/thick blankets, etc.? Here in San Diego, insulation is usually an intentionally skipped step in the construction of a domicile, so we'd die!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jkingler said:
I must admit to being perplexed at having 'infertile' eggs hatch, though that sounds rather awesome. How does that work (or how did you mistakenly figure them to be infertile)?! I have no idea how this works, except I've seen some people holding eggs up to lights and then seeing a dense, dark center area is visible in 'fertile' eggs.

The female has not been with a male in over 4 years. And she never laid eggs in all that time either. But just on the off chance she might have held the sperm for that long, I added them to the incubator anyway.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Lastly, Bubbs, how well equipped to handle -8 are you guys? Well enough insulated/heating/thick blankets, etc.? Here in San Diego, insulation is usually an intentionally skipped step in the construction of a domicile, so we'd die!

Insulation!! HA! try mentioning the words 'cavity wall insulation' or 'airbrick' to a greek builder... they will smile sweetly and quietly tell their mate that you are a nutter!!

The houses here are all built to keep out sun, so in winter they get cold very quickly - in summer they stay lovely & cool, fantastic for our 45 celcius months, but right now, I have had the central heating on since 3.30pm, the kids have electric blankets on their beds, and I just bought some yummy new fleecy pyjamas so we are doing OK... as long as we dont open any doors or windows!

Am currently doing my lovesick teenager bit again, waiting for the hubby to phone as we couldnt Skype earlier... however it's only 9 weeks and 5 days til I get on his ship!!!!! ;D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
bubbles01 said:
Hi Jacqui - Great news about little JJ. x x x x Not so good about Jeff and valentines. we will keep each other company on here methinks!

This will be the third holiday in a row with no hubby (Christmas and Thanksgiving). :( His next planned time home is just before St Pat's day, but he isn't coming home to see me, it's when his brother-in-law goes in for his heart surgery.

bubbles01 said:
Oh - update to last post.... signal was rubbish so all I got was a 2 minute glimpse of my lovely hubby. :(

Have just checked the weather forecast.... it snowed here earlier - (alright it didn't stick but any snow is remarkable here!) and we are due to drop to MINUS 8 overnight... Not amused, not a bit.....

Sucks on both counts. Sorry :( I hope no frozen water this go round.

emysemys said:
Good morning, everyone!

Jacqui: How's JJ this a.m.?

When I woke up the sun was shining, but by the time I got dressed and ready to go outside, the fog had rolled in. Now we're socked in tight!

So far two of my "infertile" leopard eggs have hatched.

The rotten yellowfoot eggs are still cooking and smelling up my kitchen. (I don't toss them until they either explode or shrivel up)

I take full blame for the Yellowfoot eggs. They are all going bad, because I want a couple. :D

JJ for the first time in his 8 days out, actually was able to drink from a bottle without it lowering his oxygen level dangerously. He drank a whole one oz this morning, which is his record. Of course, they didn't give him any food at all yesterday, so he should have been hungry. They have decided that by the end of the week his temp pace maker can come out. Everything is just going very well at this point.

Kerryann said:
It's like a nice late April, early May day in Michigan :p

I am just happy for no snow.
I was planning to go out and pick up poop too so I don't have so much in the spring. If the weather holds like this it wont be so bad, since I just cleaned poop a week and a half ago when it was also warm.

HEY!!! a new chatter!! Yippee skippee!!

jkingler said:
Congrats to the babe! Steakabration was definitely in order. Feel free to eat a bit medium rare or rare for me whenever you like. ;) (ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET IT AU POIVRE! /drools)

:D Ash ordered hers medium rare and I thought it was strange. The steaks came (Jeff had ribs) and she asked why mine was bigger, so I said I would trade. She turned me down, until she cut into her steak. She decided my medium was a better deal. :D

bubbles01 said:
Am currently doing my lovesick teenager bit again, waiting for the hubby to phone as we couldnt Skype earlier... however it's only 9 weeks and 5 days til I get on his ship!!!!! ;D

Ahh, young love! :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Jacqui said:
JJ for the first time in his 8 days out, actually was able to drink from a bottle without it lowering his oxygen level dangerously. He drank a whole one oz this morning, which is his record. Of course, they didn't give him any food at all yesterday, so he should have been hungry. They have decided that by the end of the week his temp pace maker can come out. Everything is just going very well at this point.

the fact that JJ could eat is great news! 1 oz at his size is pretty good. Sorry about your husband not being home for holidays, that's hard!

And Helen, don't know how you are doing it, but you are.

Yvonne, congrats on the hatchlings. Amazing how they can hang on to that sperm!

jkingler

5 Year Member
The female has not been with a male in over 4 years. And she never laid eggs in all that time either. But just on the off chance she might have held the sperm for that long, I added them to the incubator anyway.
Makes sense now. :p

Re: Medium rare vs. Medium: If I trust the meat and the restaurant, I like a bit of blood. I even eat raw beef when it is prepared properly, as it is tender and delicious. :D But if I am sketched out by a place, medium or well, all the way! Haha.

Glad to see that San Diego and Greece share the lack of concern re: insulation. Makes me think that my Meditorts will indeed thrive here!

And yes, I said torts. Got a new one!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
jkingler said:
Glad to see that San Diego and Greece share the lack of concern re: insulation. Makes me think that my Meditorts will indeed thrive here!

And yes, I said torts. Got a new one!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Whaaat? pics!!! change your signature!!!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Good morning!
Joe, saw the pic of you are your new little tort, Rory on the 'what you look like thread'. He looks really healthy! Are you and Laura completely hooked?

Work this am, then off to take my littlest female to the vet to get her eye DEALT with. Hate to see them suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.