Purposefully swerves to hit box turtle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
On our way from South Dakota back home to Nebraska, we saw a sign that said "Turtle Crossing" and my mother laughed, I told her it wasn't funny and that it happens.

Well, not long afterwards, we saw the car infront of us swerve to MISS something in the road, and it appeared to be some kind of turtle. We were going 75 down the interstate so we couldn't stop, but it must have been hit by something on the bottom of the car or something, because it spun to the side of the street. Hopefully it was okay :(

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
are sure that is the real blake shelton account?? it maybe a fake trying to screw up his reputation? If not thats just sick.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
CJSTorts said:
I went through his other comments to find more info and when people would ask if it was a joke, he just made rude comments about them, never denying he hit it.

Not all country people are like this, it is a few famous ones that do stupid stuff that give the rest a bad name. Not all are uneducated hicks.

Agreed.

Remember the controversy a few years ago when Troy Gentry, of the Montgomaery Gentry band, bought, and later shot, in an enclosure, a very large tamed black bear just so he could brag about a record sized kill?

Warning: this may be VERY Hard for some to watch!

Speaking as an avid bowhunter, this make me sick, because scum like these give the anti-huntering contengent a lot of ammunition!

And, speaking of Blake Shelton:

MechanicMatt

5 Year Member
Blake Shelton

If this belongs in the news section, please move Mods.

I'm somewhat suprised this hasn't made it to TFO yet, but it's all over twitter, where I first saw it, and Facebook now too. Blake Shelton whom I'm sure many of have heard of us and enjoy his music posted originally on twitter about intentionally swerving to hit an Eastern Box turtle on a road in Oklahoma.

I wanted to believe it was a joke, but when I jumped on my fb account to look at his page I found that it wasn't and he replied to someone who'd originally called him out on it, by flipping him the bird while sitting in a big lounge chair. I was absolutely appalled by this, and couldn't believe that anyone could be proud of doing such a thing, let alone posting it online for thousands if not millions to see.

Sorry if I'm out of line for what I'm about to say, but I hope there's a special place in hell for people like that. What did that poor turtle ever do to him? I along with many others on this forum have stopped in the road only to jump out and pick up a turtle and move it across the road. I see no reason whatsoever to intentionally harm an animal like that. I was raised to love and respect all the creatures here on god's green Earth.

I have and along with many others posted on his FB page about how disappointed I am in him, and I will no longer be purchasing any of his music. I can't control what the radio plays while I'm driving but i'll be sure to change the station.

I know I'm a noob here, but as a community I feel we have a right to voice our opinions here and elsewhere about this tragedy. I know accidents happen, but still where is the line drawn at?

Ok I'm done ranting now, but I felt that this should be posted here for all of us to see.

Link to his FB page if you'd like to make a post or at least read what others have said: https://www.facebook.com/blakeshelton

MechanicMatt

5 Year Member
I have no words for how I feel about this, I posted another threat before I found this one, and explained my feelings there, but still. Stuff happens, we all know that, but intentionally hitting an animal like that? I'll be sure to intentionally swerve to hit him if i'm ever driving through Oklahoma. Grrr some people have some big cahones.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I like that you linked to his facebook page on your thread though, it's nice to read some of the beautiful posts that people are leaving on his fan page. Looks like he doesn't have too many fans anymore

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
mctlong said:
Some of his fans are no better - "Just a turtle?" - what is wrong with people! This really pisses me off! Are country singers protected in Oklahoma? If so, I'm not gonna swerve to the shoulder of the road to smash this one -

Hmm. See, you really shouldn't threaten to harm people.
For some people, and Blake Shelton might be one of them, just being who they are is really the worst punishment.

futureleopardtortoise said:
Humans sure aren't an endangered species, we aren't hurting for any more of us. Maybe it should be okay for us to swerve into them, too? GRR.

That's not the Bhuddist in you speaking, is it?

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I like that you linked to his facebook page on your thread though, it's nice to read some of the beautiful posts that people are leaving on his fan page. Looks like he doesn't have too many fans anymore

My husbands response:
"probably shouldn't have tweeted while he was drunk..."

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Sometimes this type of action carries it's own justice for these fools. Once witnessed a guy purposely swerve to hit a mallard leaveing one dead duck, an oilpan, and trail of oil down road. To this day I reflect on that expensive duck. Karma.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Edna said:
That's not the Bhuddist in you speaking, is it?

How does that have anything to do with me being Buddhist? :p

CJSTorts said:
Reports are now coming out that he just likes to be a jerk and posted it for fun.

http://www.nashvillegab.com/2012/07...lovers-of-the-world-twitter-swerved-kill.html

Even if he didn't do it, why joke about it! Plus many of his fans started stating they kill turtles all the time. I am all for using sarcasm when appropriate but this guy is sick.

OF COURSE it was a "joke" after he got half the animal community up his rear about it. I'm sure he actually did it, and he intended to brag about it. But even if it was a joke, a simple apology would have been the START to reaffirming his good name to some of his fans. Instead he is now making jokes that anyone that got upset about it is a "booger eating turtle freak".

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Instead he is now making jokes that anyone that got upset about it is a "booger eating turtle freak".

Hey, Blake, I don't eat my boogers!!!

How does that have anything to do with me being Buddhist? :p

What I've read about Buddhism includes not harming living creatures, which would include Blake Shelton, as a precept. That's the main reason why I'm not a Buddhist. I'm a gopher huntin', ant poisonin' gal who only feels good if she eats a few ounces of beef every couple of days.

OKTorts

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
The Eastern Box turtle is not even native to Oklahoma. We only have the Ornate and three-toed here. This guy IS a jerk, I know people who grew up with him in Ada, OK.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I left a message on his facebook. I am team Adam all the way now.. I hope he goes down every season forever since he is a class A loser anyway. That video of them killing the alligator made me want to throw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.