Pyramiding and High Humidity

drew54

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I have to say that I'm completely in awe. I honestly didn't think I would see any improvement this fast. When I got Nyx she was pyramiding. The breeder keeps his hatchlings dry in which all were pyramiding. I've had her for about 5 weeks now and she has gone through several growth spurts and her pyramiding is gone! At least from what I can tell.

I keep her enclosure 80+ humidity and soak 2 or 3 times a day for 30 min each. I'm simply amazed at how smooth her shell it's coming in.

I just wanted to say that in 5 weeks I've seen a huge difference than when I first got her.

10/20
IMG_0817.jpg
Best picture I have the day I got her. I will post updated pic Saturday when I weigh her. I think this is very exciting to actually witness this.

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Question. How come your tor still has the red mark is you have 80% humidity and soak serval tomes a week?

Bee62

Germany
I have to say that I'm completely in awe. I honestly didn't think I would see any improvement this fast. When I got Nyx she was pyramiding. The breeder keeps his hatchlings dry in which all were pyramiding. I've had her for about 5 weeks now and she has gone through several growth spurts and her pyramiding is gone! At least from what I can tell.

I keep her enclosure 80+ humidity and soak 2 or 3 times a day for 30 min each. I'm simply amazed at how smooth her shell it's coming in.

I just wanted to say that in 5 weeks I've seen a huge difference than when I first got her.

10/20
View attachment 257884
Best picture I have the day I got her. I will post updated pic Saturday when I weigh her. I think this is very exciting to actually witness this.
Good job done ! With the high humidity and often soaks you don`t only stop the pyramiding, you saved the life of your little tort too !

drew54

Indiana
Question. How come your tor still has the red mark is you have 80% humidity and soak serval tomes a week?

The breeder used a permanent maker. It might wear off in a year or it may wear off in five years. Who knows.

drew54

Indiana
Here are some pics today. With some angles it looks like the pyramiding is bad, but it's not.

IMG_1016.jpgIMG_1017.jpgIMG_1021.jpgIMG_1023.jpgIMG_1025.jpg

I can't wait to see what she looks like in a few years! She is as big as my palm now!

Bee62

Germany
Here are some pics today. With some angles it looks like the pyramiding is bad, but it's not.

View attachment 258013View attachment 258014View attachment 258015View attachment 258016View attachment 258017

I can't wait to see what she looks like in a few years! She is as big as my palm now!
In a few years she will be bigger as your feet ( I know this from my growing sullies ) and there will be no pyramiding to see.
What I see on your current pic is a happy eating sully baby. That is wonderful !:tort::<3:

drew54

Indiana
In a few years she will be bigger as your feet ( I know this from my growing sullies ) and there will be no pyramiding to see.
What I see on your current pic is a happy eating sully baby. That is wonderful !:tort::<3:

Thank you! I aim to spoil. Yeah, I'm excited for that size and bigger, but I think I would miss her being a hatchling. I feel life she is one of my tiny humans. She acts like one of my tiny humans. You have great looking torts also. I try to go through everyone's posts to see there torts and I just keep getting blown away by everyone's beautiful tiny dinosaurs.