Pyramiding, Despite best efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Alright everyone...you have hijacked this thread, the topic is pyramiding in a Russian tortoise. We have a new keeper asking for help. If you wish to debate human vitamins, or EJ's husbandry I suggest you start a new thread. Now let's get back to the pyramiding Russian tort please...I'd hate to have to close this thread.
Kyti...you have already received some pretty good advice, I would reread the first page again.

My input would be there's 4 main things that cause pyramiding...lack of humidity, not enough exercise, not the correct food or amount and lastly not the correct amount of UVB...lesser things is where vitamins would come in. I think the problem is her enclosure is too small, not enough humidity and I think in this case the substrate can come in to question. I think you should switch to cypress mulch and get a bigger enclosure, for starters...

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashland, Oregon
maggie3fan said:
I think you should switch to cypress mulch and get a bigger enclosure, for starters...

I did! And I like the new substrate much better, and the bigger enclosure was completely necessary and is working out great. I posted pictures above!

I apologize for hi-jacking your thread. There are strong feelings about this subject. But I hope you were able to get something that will help you with your little guys.

I am completely in favor of the hijacking of my thread in the interest of good debate! I think I learned a lot so far and my tortoises are on a much better plan now.
I'm sure I will have tons of questions in future, (as in... probably a day) but for now I am good. Thank you tortoise forum!

S

stells

Was a good post until the line about just rereading the first page again... just because thats what you agree with... sorry i find this rude....

maggie3fan said:
Alright everyone...you have hijacked this thread, the topic is pyramiding in a Russian tortoise. We have a new keeper asking for help. If you wish to debate human vitamins, or EJ's husbandry I suggest you start a new thread. Now let's get back to the pyramiding Russian tort please...I'd hate to have to close this thread.
Kyti...you have already received some pretty good advice, I would reread the first page again.

My input would be there's 4 main things that cause pyramiding...lack of humidity, not enough exercise, not the correct food or amount and lastly not the correct amount of UVB...lesser things is where vitamins would come in. I think the problem is her enclosure is too small, not enough humidity and I think in this case the substrate can come in to question. I think you should switch to cypress mulch and get a bigger enclosure, for starters...

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't know why you think that's rude. I believe there are 4 things to prevent pyramiding and she was given that advice on the first page before the debate started. It's just my opinion, nothing rude about it. Your advice was something I agreed with on that page and now you are calling me rude? Makes no sense to me...

S

stells

What i find rude... is other people gave the time to give replys and advice on other pages... including myself... but page one is the only one that matters...

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Cool... meow... cat fight... totally worthless without video...

stells said:
What i find rude... is other people gave the time to give replys and advice on other pages... including myself... but page one is the only one that matters...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
stells said:

Hi Kelly:

Everyone has the option to set their preferences to different things. I believe Maggie has hers set so that she received 50 posts per page. That being said, her page one might have your post on it, if yours is set for fewer posts per page.

What she was telling the OP was to go back and re-read the posts that were there before all the debate started. On my computer, your post is on my first page.

S

stells

But the forum default isn't set like that and not everyone is going to want to do that... i can't really see what was wrong with the whole thread... and Kayti definately wasn't complaining....

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Would you please quit being so argumentative... Danny... can you please reighn this woman in...

stells said:
But the forum default isn't set like that and not everyone is going to want to do that... i can't really see what was wrong with the whole thread... and Kayti definately wasn't complaining....

Status
Not open for further replies.