Q's about outdoor enclosure in NC

Thevangang

Hey yáll.
I am a newbie and I have tons of questions! We have 2 box turtles. Currently we are keeping them in an enclosure that is under the "playhouse"portion of the children's swing set. Where you can put a sand box, but we never got around to putting sand in there. The enclosure is about 10' X 6'. We have
* built the sides up higher
* wrapped chicke wire around it so critters cannot get in,
* added a 18"X24"X6" wading pool
* 4 hiding spots ( in the corners )
* transplanted "carpets" of moss (Mrs. Turtle likes to hide under the moss)

What plants should I add to their habitat for food and or to hide in? I am trying to keep their environment as natural as possible. Can I go into the woods on our property and transplant ferns? Or other plants?

Any ideas would be very helpful!

˜Kelly:<3:'s :tort::tort::tort:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hey yáll.
I am a newbie and I have tons of questions! We have 2 box turtles. Currently we are keeping them in an enclosure that is under the "playhouse"portion of the children's swing set. Where you can put a sand box, but we never got around to putting sand in there. The enclosure is about 10' X 6'. We have
* built the sides up higher
* wrapped chicke wire around it so critters cannot get in,
* added a 18"X24"X6" wading pool
* 4 hiding spots ( in the corners )
* transplanted "carpets" of moss (Mrs. Turtle likes to hide under the moss)

What plants should I add to their habitat for food and or to hide in? I am trying to keep their environment as natural as possible. Can I go into the woods on our property and transplant ferns? Or other plants?

Any ideas would be very helpful!

˜Kelly:<3:'s :tort::tort::tort:

A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

Please post pics of your turtles, so as to enable us to help you more. :D

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
I think that's a great location! Check out some of the enclosure ideas for watering dishes and plants. That tub will be a real pain to keep clean, for mine I added small tub drains and put a piece of pvc in the ground under them, pull the plug and spray them out, then fill them back up.